TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2012, 12:58 PM

I really feel like I'm letting you all down by not being on the forums the past many weeks. This week was supposed to be my week to get on here, catch up, post, etc., since it's my spring break.

However, best laid plans, right? My grandmother passed away on Saturday @ age 91 (just had her birthday 2 days prior) and now I will be spending much of my week with family in Pennsylvania. I will be taking my kids, but going it alone (probably) since my husband cannot easily get off work at this time. So after Tuesday I will once again be "offline" until next week. Then, next week my online course begins, so much of my computer time will be spent doing things for the course. In fact, today, much of my day is being spent getting that course up and running!

So, fellow TTers, I wish you all the best in the 6-week contest as it may be that I end up not voting (it really depends on when voting is).

I am continuing with the Gauntlet - loving it so far. This week I will need to do workouts w/out rest on some occasions as I know I will not be able to/am not likely to do workouts once I am traveling and with family.

I feel "thick around the waist" lately, although I can't pinpoint why. My eating has been good and I think it's just a mental game. Clothes fit well, scale is alright (just up a pound or two) so I think my mental self is just feeling some guilt over the few weeks there where I wasn't so regimented. Hopefully the brain will feel more confident as I stick with my new resolve.

Today is a fast day; I will try for another from Tuesday to Wednesday as Wednesday I will make half the trip. I have an 8 hour drive to get to where I need to go (from NC to PA) and I have never driven more than 5 hours by myself, so I plan to go 5 hours Wednesday afternoon and then 3 hours the next morning. I will travel back Saturday afternoon for 4 hours and then finish the trip on Sunday for the last 4 hours.

Should be interesting! Wish me luck!

Old 02-27-2012, 01:58 PM

Heather, my sympathies for your grandmother. It sounds like you're keeping your spirits up though. Hang in there.

Making the better choice

"I'm sexy & I know it!"
Old 02-27-2012, 02:12 PM

Thinking about you and your family Heather. Blessing and safe driving. Concetta
Old 02-27-2012, 08:26 PM

Thank you Lisa and Concetta. I am sad of course, but I think my overwhelming emotion at the moment is that I feel truly blessed to have had the chance to know my grandmother for so long. This is a unique feeling for me - I've never experienced this before when someone has died. I also feel joy that she had the chance to meet and spend some time with her great grandchildren (my kids). And I'm of course thankful that I did speak with her on her birthday, which was 2 days before she died. I know when I see her (at the viewing) and my family and attend the funeral, it will be a feeling of overwhelming sadness, but until then I will grab onto the positive feeling and go with it. Thanks also for the travel wishes.