TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2012, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Hi Heather.. Riding the TT wave.. that's great. The 6 month BW program looks good. I'm up in the air about what I'm doing really. I started big 6 to get going.. but.. a body weight could be good too.. look after your knee

my daughter likes this face.. that's all..

Keep riding the wave Heather...
Thanks, Deb. I have only been noticing the knee when I start workouts, which is good that it's not an all-the-time thing. But you're right, it does mean I need to take care of it.

I needed a break from weights - and I like cycling workouts where I do one or two months of only BW then a few months with weights included, etc. So it was time for the BW workouts, as it's been awhile.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Heather I did phase 5 and 6 at the end of a contest. So many push ups. Got in pretty good shape though. Good luck. Concetta
Thanks, Concetta. I will continued to try those 1-armed inverted rows...perhaps I need to read the instructions again, but I know it was not my imagination that the supporting arm was absolutely refusing to bend when I brought my body up.

Old 01-12-2012, 09:27 AM

Yesterday was a good nutrition day. I ate tons and tons of protein, but I only ate 3 meals and wasn't hungry between meals. It worked out well. I contemplated a fast today, but I did one earlier in the week and I would like to see how it all goes if I just use one fast/week. If the scale & measurements don't start to change in a week or so (I'm w/in 1 lb of where I was at the end of TT#12 but still need to do measurements - tomorrow or the weekend!), then I'll kick up to 2 fasts/week again. And I think I have the desire to eat junk and eat after dinner back under control.

I will do phase 6, workout C tonight.

Have a nice day, everyone!

Old 01-12-2012, 06:40 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Yesterday was a good nutrition day. I ate tons and tons of protein, but I only ate 3 meals and wasn't hungry between meals. It worked out well. I contemplated a fast today, but I did one earlier in the week and I would like to see how it all goes if I just use one fast/week. If the scale & measurements don't start to change in a week or so (I'm w/in 1 lb of where I was at the end of TT#12 but still need to do measurements - tomorrow or the weekend!), then I'll kick up to 2 fasts/week again. And I think I have the desire to eat junk and eat after dinner back under control.

I will do phase 6, workout C tonight.

Have a nice day, everyone!
Hi heather

sounds like you are def back on track, to be 1lb within your finishing weight from TT12 is awesome, that's reallly good work. Well done. Think it def helps going back to work, even though it's so nice being at home with the boys

keep up the great work,

Cheers for now Katie

ps take care of this niggly injuries, sometimes they are nothing, but think you have to listne to your body and ease up if you need to
Old 01-12-2012, 10:43 PM

man, I don't know if I could do one hand inverted rows, that sounds ridiculous! Maybe I will have to head to the bodyweight manual soon!

Congrats on being within one lb of your tt12 end weight, that's great Can't wait to read of your continued success, and as galaxy said, be sure you watch out for those little twinges... have to listen to what your body is telling you!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-13-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Hi heather

sounds like you are def back on track, to be 1lb within your finishing weight from TT12 is awesome, that's reallly good work. Well done. Think it def helps going back to work, even though it's so nice being at home with the boys

keep up the great work,

Cheers for now Katie

ps take care of this niggly injuries, sometimes they are nothing, but think you have to listne to your body and ease up if you need to
Thanks, Katie! I am definitely paying attention to my body. I don't want to end up in a bad place again!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
man, I don't know if I could do one hand inverted rows, that sounds ridiculous! Maybe I will have to head to the bodyweight manual soon!

Congrats on being within one lb of your tt12 end weight, that's great Can't wait to read of your continued success, and as galaxy said, be sure you watch out for those little twinges... have to listen to what your body is telling you!
Rachel - I posted on your thread, too. We're in the same place with our goals, I think. Your upper body looks great; I'd love to have more definition there, too, but those lower abs are the "cake". Everything else is just icing at this point!

Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 AM

Sorry about the strange font mix and formatting...not sure why this is happening today...?

Last night's workout:
6-mo BW manual
Phase 6 Workout Day 5 – Workout C

1A) Y-Squat – 15 repetitions

• No rest.

1B) Prisoner Lunge – 10 repetitions per side

• No rest.

1C) Shoulder Press Pushup – 15 repetitions

• Rest 1-minute before repeating superset once.

2A) Pull-up – 1 less than the maximum number of reps you can do -did 5,5 (both sets assisted)

• No rest.

2B) Bulgarian Split Squat – 10 repetitions per side

• Rest 1 minute before repeating superset once.

3A) Pushups – Maximum number of reps you can do - did ?, ? (have it at home...maybe 15, 25?)

• No rest.

3B) 1-Leg Squat on Bench – 10 repetitions per side

4A) Split Squat – 12 repetitions per side

• No rest.

4B) Towel Inverted Row – Maximum number of repetitions you can do - ugh; poor grip strength - did 15, 8.

5A) Close-grip Pushups – 25 repetitions - mostly kneeling; did all, though

• No rest.

5B) Walking Lunge – 12 repetitions per side

• No rest.

5C) Waiter’s Bow – 12 repetitions

• No rest.

5D) Off-set Pushups – 15 repetitions - had to do some regular, switch sides and do the same amount regular, then switch back and do the rest kneeling (on each side). This keeps me from becoming "uneven" - if I try to do all 15 reps on one side I do great but then can do none on the other side. So I did 8 regular, 7 kneeling in first round (per side) then 10 regular, 5 kneeling in second round (per side).

• No rest.

5E) Burpees – 10 repetitions

• Rest 1-minute before repeating the circuit once more.

This was a good workout. I'll definitely be ready for 3 supersets next week.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Thanks, Concetta. I will continued to try those 1-armed inverted rows...perhaps I need to read the instructions again, but I know it was not my imagination that the supporting arm was absolutely refusing to bend when I brought my body up.
Definitely starts with a small movement! You can do it.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:11 PM

Great job so far Heather. Like I posted in Rachel's thread, I'm looking forward to when I am the kind of shape you are in, just trying to lose that last few pounds. Keep up the great work!

"Never, ever, ever give up."