TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2012, 09:45 PM

Default struggling big time...be forwarned this is a depressing post :(

Okay people, I have hit an all time low...don't know what triggered it but I have been out of control with food and haven't worked out since Friday... This weekend was draining, the kids were awful, miserable little people, I had no coping skills other than to stuff my face. I had no ambition or energy to do anything and it just seemed like I gave up on life in general.

I am so ashamed of myself, to give up like that, I didn't even attempt to get back on track. I may have undone any good I have done in these last few weeks... This is NOT the example I want to set for my children. This is not the person I want to be.

With that being said I can feel myself wanting to dig myself out of this hole. I am not a quitter. I want to see this through regardless of how many lbs I have lost. I have never been able to finish a 12 week challenge, a set back like this would have had me searching the internet for some new programme/diet in the past. Not this time.

I promise I will workout tomorrow and give it my all. I will make good food choices and chocolate or bread will not touch my lips.

Sorry for this sad post, this is not the tone I want my log to take. I am going to take my own advice... forgive myself and start with a clean slate.

I promise to be a more upbeat Heather tomorrow.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:39 AM

Sorry you've had such a rough time as of late, Heather. We all have crap days that lead us to sabotage ourselves for whatever reason (or no reason at all) from time to time. Today was one of those days for me; it just started out that way. I think it can be hard for us girls to get our heads out of that place, too. I ate a bunch that I shouldn't have eaten, knowing that it wasn't going to help me reach my goals or help me to feel well, and sure enough it didn't. I pushed through and had a great workout today despite it, but I can't make my brain feel better about today as a whole.

Here's to forgiving ourselves and a clean slate tomorrow Stick with it; the days will become less and less frequent (at least in my personal experience).

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 02-21-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
Sorry you've had such a rough time as of late, Heather. We all have crap days that lead us to sabotage ourselves for whatever reason (or no reason at all) from time to time. Today was one of those days for me; it just started out that way. I think it can be hard for us girls to get our heads out of that place, too. I ate a bunch that I shouldn't have eaten, knowing that it wasn't going to help me reach my goals or help me to feel well, and sure enough it didn't. I pushed through and had a great workout today despite it, but I can't make my brain feel better about today as a whole.

Here's to forgiving ourselves and a clean slate tomorrow Stick with it; the days will become less and less frequent (at least in my personal experience).
Goes for the guys too.........get back on the wagon and get started again..........no time like the PRESENT.....oh ya, and remember Craigs mantra...Never, Never, Ever, Give Up!.....Rob
Old 02-21-2012, 10:35 AM

Take heart, a couple of days can't undo everything you've been doing over the past weeks. We all have bad days and slip up, don't beat yourself up over it. Think of working toward a lifestyle change, a shift in the way you think and do things, not rigid discipline - the little kid in us always tries to wiggle out of that! As Rachel & Rob (and yourself) has said, just get back up and start again from where you are. You only fail if you give up. You're doing great!

Making the better choice

"I'm sexy & I know it!"
Old 02-21-2012, 10:52 PM

Thanks all for your works of support and encouragement. I feel like I am back in the game today. I definately feel more positive and feel like I have some balance back again. Food is back on track and got a workout in. Did circuit B today, just twice through. Didn't have it in me for a third round. Did a few minutes of skipping at the end

Tomorrow is a 5km run and some abs.

I am beat so I am headed to bed. I will try to catch up on everyone's logs tomorrow. Hope you all are doing well.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 PM

Celebrate every victory - big or small. That is what keeps me going.

Nice work,
Mike
Old 02-22-2012, 11:23 PM

Thanks Mike for stopping by... it is so true about celebrating every victory, helps keep my mindset positive as I slowly inch toward my goals...

Went for a 5 km run this am and did a Bodyrock HIIT workout tonight + abs after the kids went to bed. Had a little extra energy and thought I would do a bit extra today, God knows I am a calorie surplus after this weekend's fiasco!!

Food was good today, I had one TBSP of unauthorized peanut butter but other than that it was good. Plan is workout C tomorrw, here is hoping the Turkish get ups go better here at home.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:45 AM

Heather, do you do Eat Stop Eat or other kind of intermittent fasting? One 24 hr fast is a good cure for an over-indulgent weekend!

Making the better choice

"I'm sexy & I know it!"
Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM

I am soooo sorry that I haven't been around lately to give you support. Sorry to hear you had a rough patch; I hope you have it all back under control. I am eager to see your 6-week results. You have the drive to be successful and I know you will be!