TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 11:57 PM

Default Day 10

Just a fly by post before I head to bed. Workout completed early this am. Had to be at work for 7 am so was up a bit earlier than my normal 5 am. Did Workout A .

RDL: 50 lb + olympic bar. 3X8
chest press: 35 lb for 8 reps, 32.5 lb 2X8

Rev lunge: 22.5 lb db 3X8
one arm shoulder press: 22.5 8 reps, 20 lb 2X8

Then did 2 rounds of:
50 KB swings
12 TRX pull ups
10 burpees

Didn't have much more time than that as I had to be out the door by 6:30.

I am thinking I need some exercise goals, besides the goal of losing weight. My plan is:
1) to be able to do 20 full pushups (can do about 8 now)
2)I will do the Friday 4-Hundred once a week and keep trying to improve my time.

Food was good today. I have resorted to putting x's on the calendar for motivation. One slash for working out and the other slash is for staying on plan food wise. I fell a bit short on the food department last week as I was taking bites of chocolate here and there.

Well gotta run. Hope everyone had a great Tuesday.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:08 AM

Heather,

Keep up the good work! Sounds like you are doing well- I love your calendar idea

Are you a nurse/mlp or a physician? How long have you worked cardiac cath lab?

best of luck to you!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-11-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgjohnston View Post
Scale says I am down 2.6 lbs. I am pretty pleased with that. I know this is just the early stages but I'll take it.
You're off to a great start. You'll be even happier when the clothes start to feel nice and loose!

Old 01-12-2012, 10:12 PM

Thanks Rachel and Heather for stopping by. I am always so excited to see posts other than my own here Rachel I am actually a respiratory therapist by trade but here in western Canada we can work in the cath lab. I really love the work and it was a huge learning curve and still is.

Heather-I look foward to the day when the clothes will be looser.

Yesterday was a day off from exercise. I still managed to get a slash on my calendar for sticking to my eating plan. The eating part is where I really struggle. I can usually always get my workout in it is just the eating that gets the best of me.

Did workout B this morning, it went pretty well. Though I find squating a bit hard this early in the am. I did it though and my legs are sore tonight already. This doesn't bode well for my spin class tomorrow...

I also did my first time trial of the cardio 400. I keep reminding myself this is just a starting point. It took me 20:45 to complete it. Pushups were done on the knees, chin ups and pull ups were heavily assisted with bands. By the third set of 10 burpees I was really cursing Craig's name...It was a great workout though and look forward to shaving some time off it.

I should run and get myself ready for tomorrow. Class is at 05:30 so it means a 4:30 wake up for this gal. Good night all.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:21 AM

Ah, RT that's cool One of my very dear friends is an RT; we used to work together in the ER some (the RT's at my hospital don't specialize) but he now works at another hospital and does NICU exclusively.

anyway....

I love following people thru the contest, seeing what workouts they're doing and such. Your post makes me want to try that Cardio 400... I love time challenges!!

Thanks for your post on my log as well I know it doesn't seem like I have a long way to go- I've come a long way already... but that roll is defo there, and I'd love for it to leave anytime now instead of hanging out over my pants. lol

anyway, best wishes to you!

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

Old 01-14-2012, 10:00 PM

Day 14

Took a day off from exercise today. Yesterday's marathon spin class killed me and my legs. It was intense hour and a half. I was so tired that I was asleep by 08:30 last night. Eating has been pretty good. Did have some chocolate today, but it was just a bit and not a full on binge like it probably would have been. I guess no checkmark on the calendar for me today.

Tomorrow will be back to Workout A. Looking forward to hitting the weights. I signed up for a half marathon on April 6. I used to run tons but kind of got out it once I went back to work after mat leave. I think I should have thought a bit harder before pressing the register button on the computer, but I thought it would be a good motivator. We'll see. We have been having such a mild winter here in Saskatchewn this year so I have no excuse for not getting outside to run.

Well that is all for now. Will check in tomorrow and post stats and workout. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:46 AM

What's your diet plan? Are you incorporating any days where you can have a little reward? I have found that at times that helps me be more compliant overall, but everyone is different. For example, today was my "cheat" day where I could have what I wanted (within reason- I still follow some principles based off what I think is okay to even put in my body- like, I never do anything with HFCS...). It's nice because I spend the week saying "well, if I still want it on saturday (or whatever day I plan to have my "cheat" that week) then I will"... and usually when the day comes around I don't want it.

My big cheat day today? I had a cup of starbucks (cinnamon dolce latte- so higher cal coffee than usual), a hamburger (with a real bun!) with veggies as my side for lunch, and I had my leftover taco salad for dinner, but I let myself have some handmade chips from the mexican restaurant with it... I know, big splurger here :P

Old 01-15-2012, 08:08 AM

Rachel- I think I may try that cheat meal/day etc... for next week. I don't know if I can be trusted though...it could turn into an all out cheat fest. Maybe if I plan the cheat I can keep it within reason.

Slightly discouraged here, don't worry you all won't have to talk me off the ledge yet. The scale is up 0.2 lbs. What the heck?? Here are my stats:

wt: 163.2 (up 0.2lb from last week, -2.4 lb from start)
waist: 35'' (same)
hips: 40'' (-0.5'')
thigh: 23.5'' (same)

Now old Heather would have freaked out and binged, new Heather is going to take it for what it is, be tight with nutrition and kill next weeks workouts. Now if the same thing happens next week we may need to have in intervention I will be back to post my workout.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:57 AM

Hi Heather,

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi and keep up the good work. I'm a fellow Canadian from next door in Alberta. Keep up the good work, you seem pretty strong judging from some of the weights you are using in your lifts. Good work!

"Never, ever, ever give up."
Old 01-15-2012, 08:19 PM

Hi Shortwingpilot! Thanks for stopping by. Great to see a "neighbour" here. Love all the support on this site.

Workout accomplished. Finished workout A and weights are as follows

SLDL: 60lb, 60, 60 plus olympic bar
DB bnech press: 35, 35, 35 lb. Last rep was hard

Reverse lunge: 22.5, 22.5, 22.5 lb
one are db press: 22.5, 20, 20 lb

Rachel put me onto a good site...bodyrock.tv. Great if you are looking to change up HIIT a bit.

12 rounds of 50 secs on, 10 secs rest

-burpee to box jump
-star single toe ab touch
-20 lb kettlebell squat and press
-weighted ball mountain climbers X10, weighted ball toe touches X10

Went through this circuit 3 times. I was totally done by the end.

This week the goal is to eat squeaky clean and to keep starchy carbs to one serving a day. The rest of the time it will be from fruit, veg and legumes. Try to get more water in as well. I am going to log meals starting tomorrow so all comments welcome. I want to see that scale budge next week!!