TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 08:10 PM

Default Road to results-Heather's journal

Hello all!

Looking forward to getting to know you during this transformation challenge. This is just the jump start I needed to to ring in the new year. I have lost my way both with exercise and diet the past few months. A new job and moving house started the downward spiral and I just haven't been able to get back on track. I lost perspective and let life get in the way of staying fit and healthy. So here I am probably the heaviest I have been in a long time, probably not since the birth of my twins which was 3 years ago... As discouraging as that is I am excited to get started and make progress. I am famous for starting, not seeing immediate results, and giving up. I am determined to see this through. If you see me floundering and wanting to throw in the towel please, please, please kick my butt and give me some tough love.

I plan on starting with the origional TT workout and then reassessing which programme to follow next. I am also famous for starting with workouts that are too challenging for me and getting discouraged. I want to start out with the basics and build on that rather than jump ahead of myself.

With that said I am off going to end 2011 on a high note. After the kids are in bed which should be soon my husband and I are going to workout (we have transformed half of our garage into a gym so I have absolutely no excuses not to get a workout in).

Happy New Year!!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:31 PM

Happy new year heather! Welcome to the Tt crew I'm sure you'll make fantastic progress over the next 12 weeks. Good luck on your journey!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Great stuff Heather, this time you're going all the way.

Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgjohnston View Post
Hello all!

Looking forward to getting to know you during this transformation challenge. This is just the jump start I needed to to ring in the new year. I have lost my way both with exercise and diet the past few months. A new job and moving house started the downward spiral and I just haven't been able to get back on track. I lost perspective and let life get in the way of staying fit and healthy. So here I am probably the heaviest I have been in a long time, probably not since the birth of my twins which was 3 years ago... As discouraging as that is I am excited to get started and make progress. I am famous for starting, not seeing immediate results, and giving up. I am determined to see this through. If you see me floundering and wanting to throw in the towel please, please, please kick my butt and give me some tough love.

I plan on starting with the origional TT workout and then reassessing which programme to follow next. I am also famous for starting with workouts that are too challenging for me and getting discouraged. I want to start out with the basics and build on that rather than jump ahead of myself.

With that said I am off going to end 2011 on a high note. After the kids are in bed which should be soon my husband and I are going to workout (we have transformed half of our garage into a gym so I have absolutely no excuses not to get a workout in).

Happy New Year!!
Old 01-01-2012, 06:44 PM

Thanks for the welcome and words of encouragement... I need all the encouragement I can get

Didn't get my workout in as planned. DD had a tantrum that lasted well over an hour, and I just didn't have it in me to work out after dealing with that. Excuses I know... Atleast I ate on plan and didn't go the the pantry to deal with my frustrations... baby steps...

Well took measurements and weight today, all I can say I have no where to go but up, or down in this case.
WT: 165.6
waist: 35 ''
hips: 40.5''
thigh: 23.5''

Pictures to be taken later once kids are in bed. Workout just completed. I forgot how much I lifting weights. Workout as follows:

RDL (barbell): 40lb + olympic bar
Bench press: 27.5, 30, then 32.5 lb dumbells

DB rev lunge: 17.5 lb
1 arm standing shoulder press: 20 lb.

I just did some finishers after this. Plan on doing real HIIT tomorrow.

Eating has been fair. Had some unauthorized baked crackers today but everything on plan.

So there you have it. Day 1 in the bag. Looking forward to another day off tomorrow before getting back to real life. Hope everyone had a great new years day.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:56 PM

Hi Heather.. Great to see you back.. Stay with us.. if things get heavy we all help each other. This support is gold..
Old 01-02-2012, 09:43 PM

Thanks Debz for the welcome... I can't believe you remembered me...

Today didn't go as planned. Today was my last day of on call (I work in a cardiac cath lab- I definately see the effects of what poor diet and exercise can do to a person's heart daily). I logged in almost 10 hours at work and didn't have energy left to work out. Lesson learned, never put off a workout. Eats were pretty good. Didn't take any food with me as I wasn't planning on being at work for that many hours consecutively. Was ravenous by the time I got home (did buy a sandwich there for lunch) but managed to eat well, portions were definately bigger though.

Took my pictures last night... Wowzers how could I have let myself go like that?? Anyway it is just a starting point and I am going to work hard to improve. I posted one of the pictures on my pantry, if that doesn't stop me nothing will!!

Will be getting up at 5 am to work out (as long as I don't get called into work tonight). I will be giving it my all. Hope everyone crushed their workouts and ate clean. Off to make meals for tomorrow. Goodnight.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:17 PM

Default Day 3

Workout completed this am. Did not want to get up at 5 am but managed to pull myself out of bed. Once the coffee kicked in it was all good. Workout as follows:

Squats: 30 lb + bar 3X9
chin ups: with assist 5-6 repsX3

Split squat: 25 lb db 3X8
SB roll out: 3X10

Seated row: 70 lb 3X8
Moutain climbers: 3X12

Eating was good. Work was pretty busy so didn't have alot of time to eat. Had 3-4 candies and one muffin that wasn't on plan. I had just made the muffins and couldn't stop myself. It was healthy just not on plan.

Heading to bed. Trying to catch up on some sleep from when I was on call last week. I am planning on doing some sort of exercise dvd in am. Good night all.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:23 PM

Default Day 4 & 5

Day 4 (yesterday)

No workout yesterday. My little guy had some sleep issues (read up for 2 .5 hours from 02:30-5:00) I choose to sleep the extra hour instead... drank lots of coffee and was totally useless after finishing up a full day's work. I ate well and stuck to clean eats.

Day 5

Slept in but got my workout in early this evening. I am quite impressed that I got the workout in, I usually loss my steam after supper but I pushed through it and had a pretty good workout. Here is what I lifted:

RDL: 50 lb + olympic bar 3 setsx8 reps
bench press: 32.5lb db 3 sets, 10,9, 8 reps

Reverse lunge: 20 lb db 3 setsx8 reps
standing 1 arm shoulder press: 20 lb 3x8

The scale is showing a 2 lb loss so far. I realize this is the honeymoon period and things will slow down but I will take it. I am signed up for a 1.5 hour spin class tomorrow. Starts at 05:30 am. I am packed and ready to go. I love this class, the trainer shows videos to the songs he is playing. He plays such good music and the time just goes. I leave with almost a euphoric feeling after it is done. I am usually falling asleep by 8:30 the same night though .

Well I am off to bed. Good night.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:52 PM

Default Day 6 & 7

Day 6 (yesterday)

Went to my spin class yesterday. Wow! I love this class. All the girls in this class are uber fit, I feel a bit out of place but it is a great motivator. One day I will be under 20 % body fat as well... I had a chocolate incident yesterday... had about 200 cals worth, but the fact I am happy with is that I stopped, did not let it end up in an all out binge... Trying to see the positive in this.

Day 7

No workout today. May try to do a yoga dvd later but my body needs a rest. Food has been good today. My goal for next week is record food intake and try to adjust my macros. This week was just easing back into eating well/clean. I have been a bit carb heavy but it was in the way of grains and legumes.

Hope you are having a great day and crushing those workouts.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:24 PM

Well I am off today and trying to get caught up on housework etc. It is so nice to have the house to myself even if I am busy cleaning. Heading out to get groceries soon and plan on making some meals/protein bars tonight to get me through the week. Can't wait to get the last of the chocolate out of the house as I have been nibbling on it now and then.

Did workout A yesterday. I am definately feeling those squats today. Did a video this morning, an Insanity dvd. These workouts are killers. Lot of plyo like movements. I struggled alot today due to the sore hamstrings and butt from yesterday.

Scale says I am down 2.6 lbs. I am pretty pleased with that. I know this is just the early stages but I'll take it.

Better run and go get groceries. Will try to catch up on some logs later.