TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2011, 12:40 PM

Default Back and ready to go!

Hello to the awesome TT family,

Oh how I have missed you all!

So yes I was MIA for a little while.

To be honest there have been ups and downs over the past few months. I got handed a redundancy letter 2 days before going home for xmas. Not the nicest present. After 1 day of crying I got back to my positive self.

I have 7 weeks to find a new job. Change = opportunity : )

This seems like a good time to take control of all aspects of my life. TT workouts have stayed with me throughout the past year. they are essential to me now. But the eating habits needs to get back on track. I am heavier at the moment. I dont feel at my best at all (I have avoided scales like the plague - denial anyone?). but I know making this a priority and getting things in order in my professional life will go hand in hand. I will feel better about everything if I feel good about myself.

I wont be taking photos as my camera is broken at the mo. As I can't enter the contest anyway that doesnt really matter. But I defo need the support. I will just take measurements and do the weigh in. Will have a think about goals once I take my measurments.

Goals and plan to follow.

Happy New Year everyone. let's make this a good one!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 01-02-2012, 04:36 AM

Welcome back again Gill.

I'm sure the news you had came as a shock but its good that you're taking a postive attitude towards it all.

Being here will put your problems in perspective and help you move forward through it all.

All the best.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 01-02-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Hello to the awesome TT family,

Oh how I have missed you all!

So yes I was MIA for a little while.

To be honest there have been ups and downs over the past few months. I got handed a redundancy letter 2 days before going home for xmas. Not the nicest present. After 1 day of crying I got back to my positive self.

I have 7 weeks to find a new job. Change = opportunity : )

This seems like a good time to take control of all aspects of my life. TT workouts have stayed with me throughout the past year. they are essential to me now. But the eating habits needs to get back on track. I am heavier at the moment. I dont feel at my best at all (I have avoided scales like the plague - denial anyone?). but I know making this a priority and getting things in order in my professional life will go hand in hand. I will feel better about everything if I feel good about myself.

I wont be taking photos as my camera is broken at the mo. As I can't enter the contest anyway that doesnt really matter. But I defo need the support. I will just take measurements and do the weigh in. Will have a think about goals once I take my measurments.

Goals and plan to follow.

Happy New Year everyone. let's make this a good one!
Hey there Gillian.. Great you are around for the 13. I'm sure greater opportunities will open for you with the job stuff.. no doubts!
You know.. scales are over rated. I think the clothes are the moment of truth. Anyway.. the next 12 weeks will be fun and rewarding.. Happy New Year too!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilg197 View Post
Welcome back again Gill.

I'm sure the news you had came as a shock but its good that you're taking a postive attitude towards it all.

Being here will put your problems in perspective and help you move forward through it all.

All the best.
Thanks Neil. I know you are right!
There is something about feeling in control of eating, exercising etc that makes the world feel right. Healthy body, healthy mind!
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 01-02-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Hey there Gillian.. Great you are around for the 13. I'm sure greater opportunities will open for you with the job stuff.. no doubts!
You know.. scales are over rated. I think the clothes are the moment of truth. Anyway.. the next 12 weeks will be fun and rewarding.. Happy New Year too!
Thanks Deb.
I agree about the clothes also. Today i was thinking about the clothes I want to get back into. When I do I will feel so good. Got a few skirts, shorts, dresses and of course the skinny jeans all to defeat with an awesome hot bod!

Here's to the next 12 weeks!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:33 PM

Spent today updating my CV. I feel motivated and ready to go.
Will blast applying to jobs this week.

The Plan

The exercise

Buff dudes and hot chicks for the next 4 weeks
Aim to hit the gym 4 times per week

Did workout A followed by 15 mins on stepper (6 x 30sec intervals) on Saturday
Did workout B today with 20 minutes on treadmill (6 x 60sec intervals)
- half way through gym action already this wk woo-hoo!

The measurements are done. No weigh in though. I should maybe buy scales or might just hit boots and get the body fat done also.

The diet

I started the Dukan diet today. I aim to do phase 1 for 5 days (just protein and 2 tablespoons of oat bran per day)and then phase 2 for the rest of January possibly into mid Feb. Its protein and veg one day and just protein the next. If I just focus on 4-6 weeks of it I think I will be grand. Oh yes and I will be supplementing with a multivitamin and omega 3 fish oils to be on the safe side.The last 6 weeks and beyond the contest I will do the consolidation and stabilization phases which focus on weight maintenance. I need to think long term beyond the contest about how I will maintain my target weight. Bouncing back has been my downfall more than a few times.

Has anyone else tried the Dukan diet?

Goals
To feel fit and healthy - off booze for 1 month
To fit into skinny jeans and denim shorts again
To lose 1 to 1 and a half stone (14-18lbs)

Was thinking about putting in to do some unassissted pull ups but I frickin hate them!
okay to work on pull ups and push ups. To out do the guys in the gym!

Until next time!
Old 01-02-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Thanks Deb.
I agree about the clothes also. Today i was thinking about the clothes I want to get back into. When I do I will feel so good. Got a few skirts, shorts, dresses and of course the skinny jeans all to defeat with an awesome hot bod!

Here's to the next 12 weeks!
Yes.. yes.. the skinny jeans.. I'm still trying to out thigh mine.. that's my challenge.. ( :
Old 01-03-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Spent today updating my CV. I feel motivated and ready to go.
Will blast applying to jobs this week.

The Plan

The exercise

Buff dudes and hot chicks for the next 4 weeks
Aim to hit the gym 4 times per week

Did workout A followed by 15 mins on stepper (6 x 30sec intervals) on Saturday
Did workout B today with 20 minutes on treadmill (6 x 60sec intervals)
- half way through gym action already this wk woo-hoo!

The measurements are done. No weigh in though. I should maybe buy scales or might just hit boots and get the body fat done also.

The diet

I started the Dukan diet today. I aim to do phase 1 for 5 days (just protein and 2 tablespoons of oat bran per day)and then phase 2 for the rest of January possibly into mid Feb. Its protein and veg one day and just protein the next. If I just focus on 4-6 weeks of it I think I will be grand. Oh yes and I will be supplementing with a multivitamin and omega 3 fish oils to be on the safe side.The last 6 weeks and beyond the contest I will do the consolidation and stabilization phases which focus on weight maintenance. I need to think long term beyond the contest about how I will maintain my target weight. Bouncing back has been my downfall more than a few times.

Has anyone else tried the Dukan diet?

Goals
To feel fit and healthy - off booze for 1 month
To fit into skinny jeans and denim shorts again
To lose 1 to 1 and a half stone (14-18lbs)

Was thinking about putting in to do some unassissted pull ups but I frickin hate them!
okay to work on pull ups and push ups. To out do the guys in the gym!

Until next time!
Good luck with these goals Gill. They are very challenging indeed. the dukan diet involves so much more discipline than many could manage so I really do wish you the best with it. dont be afraid to change it up if its not working; youve done stuff that you know works well for you. here if you need me, but I feel you will be leading the way again!

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 01-17-2012, 06:35 PM

Going well so far. Week 3 into bdhc. Did dukan for 2 wks. It was a good kick start.but yes Neil very strict! back to healthy eating mostly lean proteins, fruit; veg and low fat dairy products. I'm having a cheat day on a Saturday. Feel like I've lost weight already.need to reweigh myself but clothes r fitting better so I'm going in the right direction.

Previous contests I have hit the gym 5 or 6 days a week.this time I'm sticking to 3 to 4 sessions.I need to focus on the job hunt on rest days.but I do get plenty of walking on my off days. Also at least I know I can maintain this long term

Hope everyone is going well in the contest!

G
Old 01-17-2012, 11:15 PM

Hi Gillian

Your off to a right start. This is awesome!