TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2012, 09:52 AM

Jim, it sounds like you're doing great despite the fall and the illness. Use that confidence to help you get through the weekend. Good luck! I think we all need good luck on the weekends!

Making the better choice

"I'm sexy & I know it!"
Old 01-27-2012, 10:06 AM

Thanks everyone. I don't know why, but eating right seems to be a real challenge for me right now. It usually is not, but since Christmas it has been. Hopefully I can get back on track with the eating as I know I cannot out exercise a bad diet. Thanks again for the encouragement. I will seek to stay strong and eat good stuff before going into tempting situations.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:05 AM

I think life is all about the "snowball effect": we can start out with a little doo doo (a big dessert after dinner) and then add a little more (mindlessly snacking on a whole bag of chips while watching TV) and it builds speed (start skipping the gym) and momentum (start going to McDonalds for lunch every day) and then it's a huge ball of crap rolling out of control. Or we can start with a little goodness (taking the stairs), add a little more (bringing a healthy lunch to work) and it builds speed (planning healthy meals for the week) and momentum (join a gym and start working out regularly) and then it's a huge ball of greatness rolling through your life! It's hard to slow down and stop that ball of crap once it starts rolling, but it is possible, one small change at a time. Pretty soon you're going to be an awesome snowball!

Making the better choice

"I'm sexy & I know it!"
Old 01-27-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileysowner View Post
Thanks everyone. I don't know why, but eating right seems to be a real challenge for me right now. It usually is not, but since Christmas it has been. Hopefully I can get back on track with the eating as I know I cannot out exercise a bad diet. Thanks again for the encouragement. I will seek to stay strong and eat good stuff before going into tempting situations.
I'm not sure what your nutrition strategy is, but I have to completely avoid all sugar to stay sane. I am in love with truvia, and if I only use that and all natural/organic products without sugar (like half and half) then I don't have craving issues. I also think having enough protein is a huge factor in keeping my cravings down.

The only exception to the sugar is my post workout chocolate milk- it's organic, but it is made with real sugar... and it is SOO good. lol

If I don't stick to this, I get awful cravings that are almost uncontrollable.

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-30-2012, 11:34 PM

Great workout today. I am still doing the preparatory phase of the 6-month body weight program, and so far my knee seems to be doing quite well. I think I will do one more week of this after this week, that would be the 4 weeks, and then decide what I want to move to . I love Bodyweight Cardio 3 when I did it last year, so depending on how my knee feels I may do that. I also liked Metabolic Finishers, although I only got a week in before injuring my knee. All I can say for now is I am very happy with my workout today.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:35 PM

This was the week to switch workout. I changed over to Metabolic Finishers since that program is just the sort of program I like. I considered using Bodyweight Cardio 3 again, but looking it over there are too many exercises that may aggravate my knee. I did Workout A of Finishers today, and I am thinking by tomorrow I am going to be sore. I was very conservative with the weights, but I can tell I have not used weight in quite a while. The finisher was great, and really got my heart going. I am looking forward to 4 weeks of this. Hopefully my starting 4 weeks being very conservative, and focusing on strengthening my knee pays off now. I guess only time will tell. All I know for now is I had a great workout, and now I need to get some food in me.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:52 PM

I was right, I have a fair amount of DOMS today. I actually don't mind the feeling since it is a sign I had a good workout. I think I will hit myself with the foam roller tonight, and maybe do the Old Man warm-up followed by some stretching. I was hoping to get out skating with the family over lunch, but my wife is just in the final recovery from the flu. She considered it, but decided she will wait until tomorrow.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:51 PM

The foam roller is a great choice. Good job on working hard and I hope your wife feels better soon Jim.

Stay strong,
Mike
Old 02-14-2012, 04:10 PM

Thanks Mike. She is getting better, but it is taking a long time.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:03 PM

Did the Old Man Warm-up today including a bunch of foam rolling. Man while I love foam rolling at the same time I hate it. I will have to work on some of the moves, but it certainly helped loosen up the legs.