TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2012, 10:56 AM

My knee seems to be recovering much quicker this time, albeit it is still a sore, but not painfully sore, more of a dull ache, probably from the remaining swelling. I went skating yesterday with my son and wife and while it tired quickly, it was no more of a problem after skating than before. I am going to try a TT workout later today to see how it holds up. I'm not sure which one at this point, but I do want to avoid things like jumping jacks (or anything that puts that sort of stress on the joint).
Old 01-04-2012, 08:34 PM

My knee is feeling good, so now I am going to try a workout again. Skating with my son yesterday worked well with no pain either during of after, so I am hopeful for today. I'm dialing it back to the TT Six Month Bodyweight program. Not sure where I will start, probably pretty basic, maybe beginner to give the knee an easier time.

Last edited by Rileysowner : 01-04-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:12 PM

Well, I tried a workout last night, and it was not really successful. I think I will continue to rest the knee, do some upper body stuff and the rehab exercises I have for now. Since I have to the 13th (IIRC) to start, that I may re-start in another week or so. I will see how my knee is doing. In the mean time I will attempt to stick to a good diet, and do what I can staying active and exercising.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:57 AM

Default Re-start on the Last Day

After my knee problem flared up at the end of December I have basically done not TT workouts. I focused on exercises to hopefully help re-hab the knee. They seem to have helped, but I am realizing that until I have the surgery to remove that torn piece of cartilage I will have to wear a brace, not just when I am active, but all day. Sadly, due to all of this I have had my one thigh lose significant size due to lost muscle mass. Due to that fact I find one leg exercises, lunges and the like, are fine on the one leg, but the other one simply does not have the strength. For that reason I am going to start out doing the TT 6-month BW program preparation phase. Yes, I want to do something more challenging that is more like what I did before my knee started acting up, but one weak part makes for weakening the whole. Hopefully between this and re-hab exercises I can see some significant improvement in the next several weeks so I can more to something more challenging. I re-weighted myself and re-did my measurements which I will post later once I have new pics taken after I go pick up a paper.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:46 PM

Hi Jim! I think you're smart to take it easy. You don't want to make things any worse. Better to take things easy now than to have an irreparable injury later. Good luck! --Lisa
Old 01-13-2012, 01:32 PM

The workout went well. I did Preparation Phase Workout C since it is Friday. Even the split squats went well. Now to ice my knee.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:06 AM

Hi Jim,

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi. I know what it's like having to work around knee pain when you're exercising. I was in a big snowmobile accident 6 years ago, and my left leg still is weaker than my right. It sounds like you have a good balanced approach and aren't pushing your knee too hard. Keep up the good work!

"Never, ever, ever give up."
Old 01-16-2012, 11:09 PM

I have had knee problems on and off for quite a while. I had this meniscus repaired about 15 years back, but now it is re-injured and flaring up often. Basically I need to get the piece of cartilage out, but until the surgery my re-hab exercises help.

Today I did Workout A of the Preparatory Phase of 6-Month Bodyweight with the Interval Training following it. The workout went well, and my knee held up very well with it. I will see how things go as the week progresses, but I may split up the bodyweight workout and the intervals to alternating days rather than doing them on the same day. This is both a time thing, and spreading out the load on the knee a bit. I won't do that this week, but if I feel anything negative in the knee I will do that next week.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:59 PM

Things were going well until this weekend. Sunday when I slipped on some ice at the Pinery provincial park where we went for a walk and to feed the chickadees. In doing that I felt my knee stretch in a way it shouldn't, but the increased strength could be seen in that I could catch myself with my leg muscles before it got re-injured. Then that evening I started to feel a little ill. Monday it got worse. It was not just a head cold, so I followed the advice I have always received concerning working out when ill, if it is neck up you can keep working out, but below the neck rest. I rested Monday and Tuesday while increasing my Vitamin C, D, and Omega 3 intake to provide lots of antioxidants. That rest and supplementing seems to have helped as I feel pretty good today. So I did my Wednesday workout from the 6-Month BW preparatory phase with the Interval workout. The workout went great and my knee felt pretty good for which I am quite thankful. If this continues I can up the difficulty after the 4 weeks are up. On the negative side, my eating went way downhill while I was ill, and I have a special event to go to tomorrow. Hopefully the food there will allow some healthy eating, and my self control will assert itself in the face of wonderful deserts.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:18 AM

Hi Jim

Wow I am sorry to hear that you had a little OOPSI. Taking it easy will help with your recovery so you ready to go at 100%.

Good luck with the event this weekend. What I usually position myself far away from the Hors d'oeuvre. So that I am socializing a lot more.

--Lesa