TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2011, 05:41 PM

Default Try, Try Again (Hopefully no injury this time)

My last attempt at the 12th Transformation Contest ended when the torn meniscus in my left knee flared up lasting for over 5 weeks. Even after that TT was beyond what it would take, so I did re-hab exercises. Now me knee is feeling much better, although not yet 100%, so I am in on this one. I hope the knee holds up. At this point I am doing the preparation phase of the TT 6 Month Bodyweight Training program. When the contest started I will re-evaluate. I have been doing this mainly because it is quite doable with my knee the way it is. I also add in some additional back work since the preparation phase really doesn't have much back work in it.
Old 12-24-2011, 05:37 AM

Good Luck Jim.

Its sensible to do bodyweight training. I personally love it and I'm sure you will too.

Its also good you've identified your knee needs some "protecting" and the back work will help you burn your calories off.

All the best to you for this round.

Neil Gazzillo, Telford, Shropshire, UK

My Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#!/neil.gazzillo
Old 12-27-2011, 08:30 PM

I am hoping to start the contest tomorrow (Wednesday) although I have come down with a stomach virus which seems to be clearing today, but still is making me feel rather under the weather. We will see how I feel tomorrow, if not then, it will be Friday. I'm not sure what I will start with. I need to go through a few programs and see what will fit for me. The latest monthly workout looks interesting.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:10 PM

Officially started today with Metabolic Finishers. I started with Workout B since it is the middle of the week. Man that is a great workout. I needed to be careful with it since my bad knee was aching a bit today, and I didn't want the torn part of the meniscus to dislodge locking my knee. I am looking forward to an off day tomorrow. I took my measurements and photos.

Starting Stats December 28, 2011
=========================
189.8 lbs
Waist 42.0"
Hips 40.0"
Chest 44.5"
Right Thigh 20.75"
Left Thigh 20.5"
BodyFat % 27.0 using scale
BodyFat % 24.9 using accu-measure calipers
(As for the Body Fat % I don't really trust either, but they are a measurement)
Old 12-29-2011, 02:12 PM

I thought I would upload my start photos. While I am not happy with where I am now, it is far better than where I was back in January of 2010 at 265 pounds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF6027 (Custom).JPG (19.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Side View.jpg (17.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by Rileysowner : 12-29-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:02 AM

My knee is acting up again. It hurt yesterday quite a bit, but I could still walk around. This morning when I first woke up I could barely walk it was so sore. I went back to bed since I didn't have to work, and two hours later it was somewhat better so I could walk around again, albeit in some pain. No workout for me today. Maybe some time on the bike if it keeps feeling like it does right now, but not the next "Metabolic Finishers" workout for which I am quite unhappy.

Oh how I wish they could get me in for surgery sooner, but everyone except my family doctor is dragging their feet. I needed x-rays from the sports injury clinic where I have a surgery scheduled for October 31, 2012 sent to her so she can get me in to another surgeon who has more OR time available allowing for a shorter wait, but even though I requested they send them and filled in the paper work given permission to send them almost two months back, as of 3 weeks back they had not yet sent them. I have also not heard since then that my family doc has received them.

Since the knee did not lock up, I can still use the exercise bike, and once it starts to feel a little better I will start doing stuff from the "31 Interval Training Workouts" on it. Maybe I can get to the point of doing something from the "6 Month Bodyweight Training", but I really liked the "Metabolic Finishers" workout I did and the one for today looks great, but my knee can't take it.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:55 PM

Hi Jim..all the best. That knee sounds painful... hope you can get it fixed soon..
Old 12-30-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz0773 View Post
Hi Jim..all the best. That knee sounds painful... hope you can get it fixed soon..
Thanks. It is a pain in the, well, knee. At this point I think most of the pain is because of the swelling, although it is difficult to tell.
Old 12-31-2011, 08:50 AM

Good luck in the contest and happy new year Hope your knee gets seen to soon - be careful and only do what your body allows!
Old 12-31-2011, 09:13 AM

Thanks. I think most of the pain is because of swelling at this point. I woke up at 5AM with it really sore. Sore enough I couldn't walk on it without a crutch. I put my neoprene brace on, and went back to sleep. Four hours later when I got up it was not nearly as sore. I think the pressure of the brace helps keep the swelling down. I now have to find out if I can sleep with the brace on for a few days.