TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2011, 05:08 PM

Default The Second Spiral...

Well... Christmas eve eve and I'm surrounded by this abundance of food for which I feel very priveleged. I too can not enter but being here is always such a great learning experience and motivator.. This is my second year of TT so I see it as the second spiral. I've learned so much over the year thanks to you all here. I'm looking forward to getting into working out again... here's to health 2012!! Merry Christmas and happy new year to all.!!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:14 AM

This week is get the nutrition back in order and some mountain bike riding with the kiddies since they are on school hols.. Next week I'm going to start workouts again..
Old 12-31-2011, 08:58 AM

Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Don't know about you but I'm looking forward to a new year filled with yummy veggie burgers and raw puddings
Old 12-31-2011, 12:26 PM

Happy New Year Deb.

Welcome back and good luck with continuing your journey!

I look forward to your success!

Gillian
'Instead of turning your eyes away from the difficulty, open your eyes to the powerful opportunity, choose to invision your own best outcome, then choose to do whatever is necessary to make it happen'
Old 01-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Hope you had a lovely Christmas. Don't know about you but I'm looking forward to a new year filled with yummy veggie burgers and raw puddings

Funny you say that.. I've been craving the super quinoa.. I was going to soak some chickpeas... but damn it .. I'm going to have super quinoa tomoz.. Over Christmas I made lots of raw sweets for the in laws.. which was great considering the diabetic contingent .. they went down very well.. much better than I thought... so I'm going to hunt down some more ideas with carob since I've still got buckets of pods on my verandah!! Hope you had a lovely Christmas too.. I must say though.. I ate like a porky. ha ha.. right.. back to exercise now...
Old 01-02-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillianM View Post
Happy New Year Deb.

Welcome back and good luck with continuing your journey!

I look forward to your success!

Gillian

Thanks Gillian... Even tho most of can't officially enter.. it's great to see everyone back to share and inspire.. it will be great!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 PM

Thanks for dropping by my log Debz... thank you so much for taking the time to offer support. Best of luck on challenge 13 and reaching your goals. Looking forward to reading your log.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgjohnston View Post
Thanks for dropping by my log Debz... thank you so much for taking the time to offer support. Best of luck on challenge 13 and reaching your goals. Looking forward to reading your log.
Same to you too!!

Today was the first TT workout since before Christmas ... feels good!
My exercise has been going mountain bike riding up till now. It's become the Sunday thing.. so.. back into it!! I'm doing the big 6 with some Met finishers at the end for now. I'm feeling it..
Old 01-10-2012, 09:42 PM

I, too, have been in the "extended break" phase. But after reading Tina's post in the journal's (crazycanuck, I think she goes by here?) I decided that taking more than a 1 week break periodically (several times a year) might actually be wise to avoid 1) exercise burnout and 2) body fatigue/injury. As long as you have a plan to get back to it by a certain specified time, I think it is something to consider, anyway. As for me, it seems all my minor injuries occurred after my 1 week break when I started back up again; to me, this was my body telling me to rest longer. So I did!

Good luck to you, Deb - I'll be following your progress!

Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
I, too, have been in the "extended break" phase. But after reading Tina's post in the journal's (crazycanuck, I think she goes by here?) I decided that taking more than a 1 week break periodically (several times a year) might actually be wise to avoid 1) exercise burnout and 2) body fatigue/injury. As long as you have a plan to get back to it by a certain specified time, I think it is something to consider, anyway. As for me, it seems all my minor injuries occurred after my 1 week break when I started back up again; to me, this was my body telling me to rest longer. So I did!

Good luck to you, Deb - I'll be following your progress!
Yes.. the body is the boss.. I really didn't plan on the extended break. I was on a good roll with the Ab workouts and was flowing into Metabolic Finishers when I stood outside in the cold chatting away and ended up with a cold.. I tried to avoid it to go into my chest, but it always does..so I had to rest it. The bike rides have been good, but after doing a TT workout again on Monday I can see how effective they are.

I'm on the hunt for a good Green supplement. I've been reading about Athletic Greens but can't get it in Europe. I've been also checking out Vita mineral greens. Anyone take this ?? Anyone in UK or EU have a good place to buy.?

Today I MUST do a workout.. I'll have to do it early arvo. I might do the 15 min express Metabolic Finishers or a BW circuit with Metabolic Finshers at the end.. whatever it will be.. I just need to make time. Then I'll spend a good 30-40mins in the veggie garden and get my daily vitamin D and make the little spinach, buk choi and snow peas happy.

* will drink more water
* no BAD snacks after meals..