TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 25th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2016, 07:56 PM

Default The Spirit is Willing!

Hey everyone,

I’m a little late to the party!

My daughter deleted my first photos, so I technically only have 10 weeks for this challenge. Time to make it count, no more lone wolf. I am getting the pillars in place! You certainly provided some amazing incentive! Someone wins a trip to Denver for the TT Summit?? How amazing would that be?? Now here for some extra accountability and to share In the excitement of other members transformations!

I am in the TT Pro category (rotfl) and struggling through beginner workout. So much has happened since 2009 when I last accepted the TT challenge.

I saw Craig’s post on my phone on boxing day while relaxing in recliner and soothing hangover with ferrero rochet chocolate from my daughters stocking. My 49 year old eyes can barely read my phone so I hopped over to my computer one good leg. I am better when I am tuned into Craig Ballantyne.

I remember what a great place I was in during my challenge in 2009. So many were asking about my changes and I loved helping them start their transformations. Like many that go through this it really felt like my calling and I decided to become a personal trainer. I loved the TT workouts. Not sure why I stopped? I think I had bright shiny workout syndrome for awhile there. I was also still on the intense yoyo cycle and feeling a little ADD.

When I finally enrolled in PT certification in 2011 I started experiencing health issues. A couple of times while lifting weights I lost vision in one eye. It turned out that I was experiencing mini strokes. What? I was doing everything right! I was offended. Angry. Frightened

After 40 something years of great health, suddenly become plagued with many health issues. I have not exactly been a great advertisement for my future potential personal training services! I quit - still locked into the perfectionist mindset.

I still have some fear around working out, in addition to an injury, but the beginner workouts going well with some adaptations. Why was I thinking I could not workout with a bad knee? Because I cant workout the way I USED TO in a transformation! I really cannot do cardio this time. I have to have complete faith in the program. Physio is going well and knee getting better all of the time but I promise not to get sucked into cardio hell! (can I say that?)

Back with more soon!
Old 01-19-2016, 06:03 AM

Progress, not perfection.........grind that in....you already know you are at the right place....and GOOD LUCK===YOU CAN DO IT......!
Old 01-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Administrator

Welcome back, and congrats on becoming a trainer, that's great!

Here's to your success!

Great to hear from you again,

Craig
Old 01-20-2016, 04:51 PM

Thanks Rob, it is ground in. thanks for the reminder!

Thanks for the welcome Craig! I didn't finish my PT cert, thinking I had to have a rippling six pack to do so. I would have been able to train clients one month out of every 4! I have gotten past that perfectionism though, so may have to look back into it.

I forgot to mention that I am an Eating Psychology Coach. (Yes, that is a thing.) I just finished and life has been a little nuts between work, studying and homeschooling my daughter. Things are looking up, she is back in the public school system and have time to implement what I have learned.

More good news. Physiotherapist was very impressed with my knee today. It was so seized up from the swelling and lack of use and she could not get the knee cap to budge. Today it cooperated! Im sure it is because I have started working out again. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2016, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Awesome!

You should consider getting TT Certified. Here's a little video I made about our mission - www.turbulencetrainingcertification.com
Old 01-20-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindamc View Post
...More good news. Physiotherapist was very impressed with my knee today. It was so seized up from the swelling and lack of use and she could not get the knee cap to budge. Today it cooperated! Im sure it is because I have started working out again. Thanks!
Great news! One day at a time. You're in the right place. Concetta
Old 01-21-2016, 01:22 PM

Great video and mission Craig! So inspiring and would work so well with eating psychology cert. TT cert is something that I have been contemplating since it first came out. Is it a requirement to have another PT certificaton prior to TT?

Thanks Concetta! I was very motivated by your workout log ;-)

Last edited by lindamc : 01-21-2016 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 02:40 PM
Administrator

No other certification needed!