TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Default Official 12-Week Entries - Post here

You can submit your entry to the 12-week 13th TT Transformation Contest here.

Please post your photos and your essay in this thread.

NOTE: This thread is only for final photos and essays. All other posts will be removed.

DOUBLE NOTE: You can also email your entries to support@turbulencetraining.com

Congratulations!

We are all super proud of your accomplishments. Stay strong.

To your success,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Old 04-07-2012, 11:09 AM

Smile 13th Transformation Entry : Happy Birthday to me !

They say that middle age creeps up on you.

Well, so does middle age spread !

Before you know it, you’re Forty something, Fat and Fading.

Well today’s my 47th birthday, and I’m proud to say I’m no longer fat.

After a health scare last year I realised it was a wake up call and decided to focus on my fitness.

I’ve lost 10lbs of fat and have increased my muscle mass with 5lbs extra, this is a net loss of 5lbs weight, although I’m less concerned about net weight and more focused on fat loss.

The Turbulence Training Transformation Contests have helped me to achieve this with time bound goals, effective programs, motivation and social support.

I’ve not done anything special with my nutrition, such as fasting, although I did introduce some protein shakes and pre-workout energy shakes to assist me. I must admit to the occasional late night snacking, otherwise I could have achieved even better results.

I also discovered TT Workout Finishers, which have helped target specific areas.

The TT programs I used were;

TT Buff Guys July 2011 and
TT Meatheads Jan 2012

My before and after series of photos show my loss of belly fat, plus increased arm size and shoulders and a more sculpted back. Other benefits include; thinner thighs, loss of double chin (thinner neck) plus a bigger chest, although I do think that is due to my improved back musculature. I also feel much fitter and don’t get breathless when working out or carrying out any physical activity.

My stats are as follows;

Before:
Chest: 42.5”
Belly: 41.5”
Waist: 39.2”
Hips: 41.2”
Bicep: 13.5”
Thigh: 25.2”
Calf: 17”
Neck: 16.2”
Weight: 13st 11lb (193lbs)
Body Fat %: 26.1%
Fat Mass: 3st 8.4lbs (50.4lbs)
BMI: 30.2
Lean Body Mass: 10st 2.6lbs (142.6lbs)

After:
Chest: 44” (+1.5”)
Belly: 38.5” (-3”)
Waist: 38” (-1.2”)
Hips: 40” -1.2”)
Bicep: 15” (+1.5”)
Thigh: 24” (-1.2”)
Calf: 17” (no change)
Neck: 15.8” (-0.6”)
Weight: 13st 6lbs (188lbs) (-5lbs)
Body Fat %: 20.5%
Fat Mass: 2st 12.4lbs (40.4lbs) (-10lbs)
BMI: 27.5
Lean Body Mass: 10st 7.6lbs (147.6lbs) (+5lbs)

So, fat loss = -10lbs (-5.6%)
Lean body mass = +5lbs
BMI = -2.7

Great results I’ll continue using Turbulence Training to build on these results and lose my belly for good.

Thanks to Craig and the team for your support and means to achieve these results.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1 TTTC13 Before front 1.JPG (19.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 2 TTTC13 Before front 2.JPG (18.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 3 TTTC13 Before front 3.JPG (18.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 4 TTTC13 Before side .JPG (16.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 5 TTTC13 Before back.JPG (15.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-07-2012, 11:11 AM

Default Happy Birthday to Me : After Photos !

My after photos. could olny upload 5 at a time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6 TTTC13 After Front 1.JPG (18.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 7 TTTC13 After Front 2.JPG (18.3 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 8 TTTC13 After side.JPG (18.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 9 TTTC13 After Side 2.JPG (15.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 10 TTTC13 Back.JPG (16.7 KB, 11 views)
Old 04-07-2012, 11:32 AM

Default Julio's essay

I just entered by email but wanted to share this with you

I want to talk about my experience with Turbulence Training, it started 3 years ago when I was reading articles at the Early to Rise site, I can’t exactly remember how I ended at the Turbulence Training site. My weight at that time was 211 lbs, I worked out but didn’t have a plan or routine, it was constant improvisation. And regarding nutrition, well, it was really awful. After a few weeks deciding if I should give Turbulence Training a chance I decided to buy the trial to give it a try. I swallowed my meathead pride and started with the beginner’s workout, it looked like a really silly workout but after the first sets I was surprised of how my body was being punished by a “silly” workout. Weeks passed and I was switching workouts every 4 weeks: Beginners, Original, TT2K4, TT2K5 and all those great workouts. It all started on May 23rd and by October 23rd my weight was 178 lbs (-33 lbs), it felt great to lose that amount of weight in a really short amount of time. And weight kept going down, my lowest weight was 162 lbs (-49).
It took me around a year to lose that weight; My plan was really simple and focused on 3 things:

• TT workouts
• ESE
• Simple Nutrition
TT makes losing weight really easy, it’s really easy to start living this lifestyle. I think Craig’s blog and emails are really a good inspiration. Like I told Craig a few months ago, he’s my role model for this 2012.
Well that’s how all started, now let’s go to this contest.
My initial weight on January 1st was 178 lbs my goal was to go down to 165 lbs (13 lbs), missed my goal by 4 lbs, but I think I can live with this kind of failure.
My waist size was 34” at the beginning of the contest and now is 30.75”, my pants now are feeling better

The workouts used for this year were mainly focused on bodyweight exercises, the ones I used were:
• 15 minute Metabolic Resistance workouts
• March Madness
• BW Cardio V. 2.0
• 2 weeks of MRT Bootcamps
My weapon for nutrition was ESE; I don’t like to complicate stuff. Also I was trying to eat healthier, I stuffed myself with vegetables, fruits and nut butters.
As a matter of fact I want to be honest and say that I got this results while drinking beer, eating hamburgers, chicken wings, and all those kind of unhealthy (but yummy) foods. I Know I should be ashamed but I’m a guy, and watching sports is not the same without beer, hehehe
Besides the healthy benefits of TT there are also other kind of benefits, the social aspect of TT is really amazing. My brothers also started doing TT workouts 2 years ago, I train with them and it’s really a great familiar experience, I have a really good time when I’m working out with my brotherand sisters. They are not entering this contest because as you may know they have placed in the top three on previous contests. That makes me really proud.
I’m in the process of getting my personal Trainer Certification here in Mexico; I decided that that is what I want to do the rest of my life.

Well, that’s my experience and just wants to say thanks to Craig for
• giving us inspiration everyday
• for helping us reach our goals
• Helping my brother and sisters to lose weight and get interested in exercise
• Your TT workouts
• Early to Rise
• Teaching us that if we have a vision everything is possible
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JULIO 2012.jpg (71.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg 07042012697.jpg (71.2 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by juliux : 04-07-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 01:58 PM

Default TT Contest #13 Entry, Women Over 40

I entered via email several days ago, but thought I would post with others here, too.

Total Transformation Contest #13 Entry Essay
(Women Over 40) Age 51

Like many, I have battled being overweight for most of my life. As a child my favorite sport was horseback riding. Through college I continued riding and also added tennis, dance, and a Nautilus weight program. The weight training was my favorite fitness choice and I loved the quick results and fewer workouts! Fitness was a regular part of my life. Once I graduated and lost the free use of the college gym, maintaining fitness over the ensuing years became more challenging.

About a year after the birth of my fourth child, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. The chronic fatigue and chronic pain made exercise difficult, and living in a rural community meant there was not a gym nearby. My weight ballooned to the point that walking was the only exercise I could comfortably perform. I began to lose hope that I would ever be active again.

In 2011, one of my daughters (1st place winner in the TT Contest #12) introduced me to The Diet Solution, and I began to implement those principles in my kitchen. I began losing weight and now I have lost 67 pounds!

My daughter suggested that I try Turbulence Training, since she had had such great success with it. I said, “No way! I could never do that!” But she persisted in encouraging me to look at the programs, and I decided I would give it a try and enter Total Transformation Contest #13.

Month 1-I did Prep Phase of the 6-month Bodyweight Manual
Month 2- I used 2010 Total Torso Training for Beginners
Month 3- I went back to 6-month Bodyweight Manual, Phase 1

I have lost a total of 14-3/4 inches overall and 10 lbs. since beginning the program. I am enjoying greater stamina and energy; I’m sleeping better; and am back to a clothing size I haven’t worn in over 15 years! One of the things I am most pleased about is that I have accomplished these goals without a professional trainer (other than Craig-- thanks!) and without ever setting foot in a gym. I am grateful for the ongoing support of my family and my group of friends in the “sisterhood of the incredibly shrinking pants!”

Before/ After
Neck 14"/ 13.5'
Biceps 13.5"/ 12.75"
Bust 44"/ 41.5"
Ribcage 38"/ 35.5
Waist 41.5"/ 38.5"
Hips 45"/ 42.5"
Thighs 25.25"/ 24"
Calves 15"/ 14.5"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT Before front-thumbnail.jpg (51.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg TT 12 week After front-thumbnail.jpg (51.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg TT Before side-thumbnail.jpg (51.9 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg TT 12 After side-thumbnail.jpg (52.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg TT After-thumbnail.jpg (55.8 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by reriggins : 04-07-2012 at 02:23 PM. Reason: attempt to add pictures
Old 04-11-2012, 07:30 PM

Default AC TT 13 Men over 40

Hello TT and Craig,

I wanted to share my experience not only in the latest TT contest but also with being a member of TT since 2008. First let me tell you a little about myself. I have always been a workout guy going back to high school. My workouts back then where an attempt to gain weight and muscle as I was a skinny teenager. I developed Type 1 Diabetes in 1995 at age 25 and had to make some real lifestyle changes in terms of diet. I had done a good job for a number of years but getting married having a career and 2 kids I too got busy with life and by the 2008 had skyrocketed up to 229 lbs. Being 6'2 I can hide my weight pretty good, but at that point I did not feel good and my health was deteriorating. I found TT through Youtube via the 300 workouts and found the 500 and 1000 Workouts as well and began to attempt to not only change my workouts but diet as well. I entered TT 3 contest and did fairly well going from 209 lbs to 194 Lbs and at that point was in the best shape of my life. I entered many more TT contest and have stayed in pretty good shape but the diet part always seems to be tough with me. I can't do ESE or other fast due to my diabetes but I can eat well and I went into TT 13 with a few objectives:

1) Finish the contest
2) Lose Fat/ Keep Muscle
3) Keep fit and maintain good health

I can say that TT 13 kept me in good shape and I went from 210 to 202 during the 12 weeks. Food was not always great but when I am training I am atleast thinking about food choices more and when I do overeat it is with the better food choices as oppossed to ice cream and sweats. I started TT 13 with TT2k12 The end of...and then went to Bodyweight 400 then to TT mass at home and finished with TT Metabolic finishers. I was a few weeks into the TT2k12 when the contest started. I will take next week off for vacation but the point of TT for me is to have a program, website, and place where I can always go to get workout ideas and diet plans. It has shown me a way of living that is great and oh BTW the workouts really work if you put in the effort. My blood sugars stay in really good ranges when implementing the proper diet and exercise program. You always should check with your doctor but if you get the ok I see no reason why anyone with any medical problem could not benefit from turbulence training and following most of the diet recommendations as well. For me it has worked and continues to prove to me the interval and metabolic workouts produce the best injury free results.

41 year old Male
6'2

Start Finish
210 202
36.5 35

I want to thank all the current and former TT members who share their stories, success and failures as they have all helped me and will continue to do so. I am grateful to be able to afford to be a member and to have the time each day to devote to myself.

AC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TT 13 Before side2.jpg (25.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg TT13 Before Pic3.jpg (20.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg APRIL 2012- AFTERRESIZED.jpg (84.6 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg APRIL 2012 AFTERSIDE2.jpg (33.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg APRIL 2012 AFTER PAPER2.jpg (34.5 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by acmulv : 04-11-2012 at 07:34 PM.