TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileysowner View Post
Week 2 of BWC#3. Did workout a in the back yard of my mother's place while we were visiting. No where to do pull-up or horizontal rows, but I just left them out and did the rest. It is still a great workout.
That is GREAT.....do what you can do and dont worry about the rest....or sub in some FUN stuff, like BURPEES!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobB View Post
That is GREAT.....do what you can do and dont worry about the rest....or sub in some FUN stuff, like BURPEES!!!!!!!
There used to be a school right beside her place (the one I went to as a child) where they had a playground that would have been perfect. Sadly the school closed and they tore the playground down although at this point the land has not been sold and is directly adjacent to a highschool. At this point is sounds like the highschool and the various soccer leagues that play there are going to keep using the land, but no longer is there are place for people's children who are not in the game to keep busy playing.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:49 PM

Workout B of BWC#3 today. I did this out on the back patio since the weather is so beautiful here. The up side is I got to enjoy a great workout outside. The down side, I was sweating so much in the heat that I think I missed one of the exercises in one of the rounds. Either way, it was a great workout except my arms got really tired early on. I'm not sure why, but I know with the mountain climbers near the end I needed to stop rest my arms. Hopefully it is just cumulative fatigue from not sleeping well the last week. Thankfully last night I got an excellent sleep falling asleep within minutes of turning the light off and sleeping straight through to 8AM. Hopefully the same tonight.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:11 PM

I would love to work out outside, but I have to wait for all this yellow stuff to go away.

Nice work!
Mike
Old 03-22-2012, 06:55 PM

That is one of the things I love about the bodyweight workouts. I need to put in a lower bar outside for the Inverted Rows. I'm not sure how I want to do it, but hopefully I can figure something out that my wife won't run into.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rileysowner View Post
That is one of the things I love about the bodyweight workouts. I need to put in a lower bar outside for the Inverted Rows. I'm not sure how I want to do it, but hopefully I can figure something out that my wife won't run into.
Ya, it should be about hip high............dont wanna provide any fodder for Funniest Home Videos...................LOL
Old 03-22-2012, 09:07 PM

Talking Bar vs Suspension, WifeFlip

That's a funny image in my mind.

I bought a ropeinabag suspension trainer for about $30 to hang from my pull up bars to have when I get to the inverted rows. I've heard ropes and handles can be better for your joints since it allows your hands to rotate into the natural, neutral grip when you contract. Of course, that same argument would go for pullups and chinups as well. If Craig sees this I'd like to have his opinion on these matters.

Anyway, I'm hoping the suspension is better than the straight bar, since that's what I have.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:47 PM

I could do that. I'm pretty sure I have something that would work. I will have to have a look around.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:09 PM

BWC#3 Workout C today. I did it out on the back patio again. I decided to use the suggestion of straps for the inverted rows. I don't have any of the fancy ones, but I a jury rigged a strap setup using thick nylon dog leashes. They were a little short, but only about 4 inches too high. They seemed to work ok. I will keep my eye out for longer ones, or if I get the money, get an actual TRX.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:56 PM

Good for you on making your own. If you decide to buy TRX anyway, be sure to compare with RopeInaBag (yes, all one word like that). They're only $30 on Amazon whereas TRX is $200. I haven't used mine much except to test it out a few times, but it seems like what I expected: straps, buckles, handles.

Mark