TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 13th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Mike Whitfield's Avatar
Mike Whitfield Mike Whitfield is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,465
Default

Keep rockin' Lisa
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-06-2012, 04:57 PM
littletyger's Avatar
littletyger littletyger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 68
Default

The posting seems to be petering out toward the end here, but I've been sticking with the program. I had to make some adjustments to let my thigh heal which it's doing quite speedily! It doesn't bother me at all now, but when I stretch I can feel it. I think it was a good thing because it reminded me to keep everything in balance. I was pushing too hard on the sprints. I'm just walking on the treadmill now and have done a few incline walks sort of like intervals. I'm taking it easy. Again, what thrills me about TT is that it's quick and simple, I can adjust the intensity to what I want or need AND IT'S EFFECTIVE!!!!! I wouldn't have believed that a year ago when I was working with a personal trainer and would spend hours at the gym. This is so much better and I'm so much happier!
__________________
--Lisa

Making the better choice

"I'm sexy & I know it!"
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-07-2012, 02:00 PM
acmulv acmulv is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 212
Default

You are so right on! I think if you are motivated and it seems we all are on here then just follow the workouts and do our best to eat clean and the results will follow.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-09-2012, 11:58 AM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletyger View Post
The posting seems to be petering out toward the end here, but I've been sticking with the program. I had to make some adjustments to let my thigh heal which it's doing quite speedily! It doesn't bother me at all now, but when I stretch I can feel it. I think it was a good thing because it reminded me to keep everything in balance. I was pushing too hard on the sprints. I'm just walking on the treadmill now and have done a few incline walks sort of like intervals. I'm taking it easy. Again, what thrills me about TT is that it's quick and simple, I can adjust the intensity to what I want or need AND IT'S EFFECTIVE!!!!! I wouldn't have believed that a year ago when I was working with a personal trainer and would spend hours at the gym. This is so much better and I'm so much happier!
Petered out posting is better that petering out on a program!!!!!!!!! Have a good weekend, "tyger"...........
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-20-2012, 02:56 PM
littletyger's Avatar
littletyger littletyger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 68
Default

Two weeks left! Actually, 13 days, I have the countdown on my smartphone. I've been following the diet and the workouts religiously, but I had a bad day yesterday. Spent the day at the hospital with my dad whose cancer is getting worse. I didn't get to the gym (it was a non-workout day, so it's not terrible) and when I got home 10 hrs later I ate 6 squares of chocolate (285 cal, 20g fat). Okay, not good, but I am proud to say that this is all that the bad day amounted to. Two or three months ago I would have been hitting the vending machine all day at the hospital, got a pizza on the way home AND had the chocolate. Just a little slip up I attribute to a depressing and stressful day. It happens.

I'm back in the saddle again today! I'm loving the way I look and feel and my new approach to life. Yes, my dad is sick and I don't know how long he has left. There will be a lot of sadness and stress when he passes and we have to figure out where my mom will live etc., but today is a good day. I feel more balanced and better able to cope with the situation when it happens. I'm so glad I entered this contest and I'm still amazed at how it has affected every aspect of my life, not just fitness. Thirteen days to go on the contest, but this is a lifestyle I want to adopt permanently.
__________________
--Lisa

Making the better choice

"I'm sexy & I know it!"
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletyger View Post
Two weeks left! Actually, 13 days, I have the countdown on my smartphone. I've been following the diet and the workouts religiously, but I had a bad day yesterday. Spent the day at the hospital with my dad whose cancer is getting worse. I didn't get to the gym (it was a non-workout day, so it's not terrible) and when I got home 10 hrs later I ate 6 squares of chocolate (285 cal, 20g fat). Okay, not good, but I am proud to say that this is all that the bad day amounted to. Two or three months ago I would have been hitting the vending machine all day at the hospital, got a pizza on the way home AND had the chocolate. Just a little slip up I attribute to a depressing and stressful day. It happens.

I'm back in the saddle again today! I'm loving the way I look and feel and my new approach to life. Yes, my dad is sick and I don't know how long he has left. There will be a lot of sadness and stress when he passes and we have to figure out where my mom will live etc., but today is a good day. I feel more balanced and better able to cope with the situation when it happens. I'm so glad I entered this contest and I'm still amazed at how it has affected every aspect of my life, not just fitness. Thirteen days to go on the contest, but this is a lifestyle I want to adopt permanently.
Well, Littlletyger,
Today is a new day! I am sorry to hear about your Dad. I went through that last July with my Dad. I still kept up with my workouts as that was my time to concentrate on what I was doing and while doing so, I could temporarily leave more pressing matters behind for an hour or so. Dont worry about the eating.......one time is not going to hurt. Read some of Craigs recent "Important Tip of the Day" entries. ( I look forward to them early every morning...almost upsetting to me, if he hasnt posted one by 5 am!). So, like you said "It happens" and is all part of life itself. Prayers to you and your family. Hang in there.....things will get better.....Rob
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
littletyger's Avatar
littletyger littletyger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 68
Default

Thanks so much, Rob! You are always so upbeat, positive and supportive!
__________________
--Lisa

Making the better choice

"I'm sexy & I know it!"
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-21-2012, 01:52 PM
RobB's Avatar
RobB RobB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletyger View Post
Thanks so much, Rob! You are always so upbeat, positive and supportive!
You're welcome. We are here to lean on eachother at times............Rob
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.