TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2010, 03:18 AM

Thumbs up well done

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal1 View Post
Took pics on Friday - progress has been made - yay! I've got nothing on paper yet for an essay; still circulating thoughts in my head.

This week has been bitter cold here in NC. I'm doing the BW manual phase 1 and have NOT done intervals in a week. I run for intervals and I just don't want to do it. It is sooooo cold out there and I hate the cold. And I have asthma. Have I made enough excuses yet? I just did my workout and thought about going out to run and immediately vetoed the idea. I owe myself a weeks worth of intervals now. Did I say that the current "feels like" out there with the wind is 19F? No? Hmmm. Cold weather-induced exercise asthma is the worst, I'm telling you, the worst.

I will get over it soon; I'm going to have to if this nastiness keeps up. But it's not going to be today. Maybe tomorrow. Although I've said that each day for the past week...

Anybody know anything about recumbent bikes? Especially interval-training on one? I'm considering purchasing one as my back-up plan. I'm sure they're expensive. I've heard that when you get off it feels like you've been running as opposed to cycling.

Oh, and I may post pics here. I'm going to soon move over to the workout journals. Jury's still out on whether I'm in for TT contest #10. Let's see how the essay pans out first.
Hi Heather

just read your essay and seen your photos, you look fantastic

I have no idea why you moan about your legs because they are great, long, lean and lovely. You really see what progress you have made in your photos, I was looking back at TT#8 and man you can really see what a long way you have come when you look back at those photos too.

Well done Heather, I really admire your hard work especially since you do your workouts at home after the kids have gone to bed, I am ready to crash at that time.. Great determination and guts to do your workout then.

forgot to say I also get really bad asthma in the cold/damp weather seems we have something else in common! But you are right, it is the worst, you feel like you are dying, it's so hard to breathe, running just kills me then, so I can understand why you didn't want to go out there. To be honest I think you have to listen to your body too and do what's right for you.

I have read somewhere that the recumbent bikes are meant to be really good for working your butt/legs, it was in one of craigs's reports, but not sure which one.

Well done you really deserve your great results

cheers for now Katie

Last edited by galaxy : 12-16-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:30 PM

Congratulations on finishing and you look great, Heather! You did an excellent job on so many accounts. I love how you're pushing beyond your comfort zone in so many ways and challenging yourself. I agree on the weather here in NC, it's been brutal, hasn't it? I don't feel like walking or even going out at lunch, I just can't wait for spring to come!!!

You can't out-train a bad diet.

To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done.

I've been at this a while-all last year in fact!

Contest #7 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8167
Contest #8 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=8904
Contest #9 thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9480
Old 12-17-2010, 10:53 AM

Woo hoo! You're in the final! Quite right too; you can really see changes all over, and especially to your lower abs and arms. Amazing progress for just 12 weeks. I hope you stick around for TT10 so we can do it all again

*By the way I love your bikini
Old 12-18-2010, 04:05 AM

Well done Heather, you are a finalist, fantastic, really pleased for you. I think there must have been a lot of entries for our category as there are 4 finalists and all the other categories only have 3.

Fingers and toes crossed for you

fab results and you look great

Cheers for now Katie

hope you are very proud of yourself
Old 12-19-2010, 04:26 PM

Thanks so much everybody for all the kind comments and remarks!

I am blown away to be included among a small group of finalists, especially with a group of women in the over 40 category who have each already been previous contest winners. And I'm of course very excited to see how all this turns out! Good luck everyone!