TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell27 View Post
I'd say just keep going. It's the quitting and thinking I'd just start over or only follow through when I get it perfect that gets me into a mess every time. You can do this. Just like you are doing, pick yourself up and get back in the saddle and see what you can learn from the bad days.

Love the picture of your baby. We're all quarter horses around here. I'll have to try to post a picture of my baby Picky who I'm hoping to ride more this summer. My husband was training warm bloods, mostly hunter jumper stuff, when I met him although he doesn't any more since we moved back home. Slope is my old baby who is too old to ride any more but gets to retire on the place. My dad generally keeps a small herd of the old boys who get to live out the end of days being fat and happy. I wish fat looked as good on people as it does on horses and cattle but I suppose it's all relative. My little girl is following fast in my shoes and has been riding all by herself since she was 4. We found a wonderful old horse, Strawberry, who is part babysitter, part bloodhound (he NEVER forgets which way to the barn or horsetrailer). Once I get my little boy riding, another year or two, we'll be set!
Thanks so much for the support Glad to have a fellow horse person reading some of my threads, at least I know one person understands some of the terminology I used to train hunter/jumpers and rode a lot of Appendix QH's and TB's back in the day. Now, I prefer to not be airborn (at least not on purpose, haha) Amen to wishing fat looked as good on people as it does on horses, I've thought that before myself!! Sounds like you've got a nice mount for your daughter- I don't think I've ever met a horse that forgets how to get back to the barn, haha!

Here's to fat and happy horses with soon-to-be strong and skinny riders

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

My TTTC 10 Thread: http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=9998
Old 01-12-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
I agree, keep going. Don't focus on the mistakes, think about what contributed to them and how you can change that. And, I'm impressed in the end you made such good meals even with going over to another house, and also dealing with a dead mouse (gross!)

Tina

BTW, your horse is beautiful!
Thanks for the support, Tina I'm trying to focus on the positive changes I've been making overall instead of focusing on whatever setbacks come my way. It's a work in progress for my personality and it's quite opposite of the medical profession. I'm trained to look at what's wrong, not what isn't. lol.

And yes, the mouse = very gross. Glad my boyfriend did most of the dealing with it.

and Miss Phoebe is glad that you recognize her superior beauty, haha. She thinks she should get more treats since everyone likes her (ha, ha)

"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." - Mother Teresa

Old 01-12-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
Like the others have said, just keep going and move past the set-back.

Pardon the pun, but you should "just get back on your horse"...you're right, she is a beauty.
Wsarwani, you made me laugh with your pun... so "punny", haha. I think Phoebe would prefer it if I stay off the horse, lmao. Thank you for your support also

Old 01-12-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Not wanting to sound like a member of the aristocracy, but that is one good lookin' horse.
Thanks, weetamclan. I'm sure my horse approves of anyone being a member of any aristocracy that think's she's good lookin', hehe. She definitely knows that all the boy horses think she's pretty hot stuff

Old 01-12-2011, 02:46 PM

Default Day 14

Grrrr, I had this all typed out and accidently hit F5, which apparently refreshes the page and discards all info...

So, I need to recap the end of day 13. We got a late call and ended up having to catch dinner near the hospital- went to burger king; I got a garden salad with grilled chicken and only used 1/2 the dressing they gave me on the side, if that much. All in all I estimate it was around 300 calories including the chicken and dressing, so I think it was a success. Passed up the Dr Pepper (such an addiction of mine) and drank my water I had with me.
I stayed at work last night since we were getting some nasty weather, so I just had a relaxing evening catching up on Greys Anatomy I missed last week.

Day 14:

Woke up this morning with a head cold (uck) --- stuffy nose, sore throat, pounding headache. I made breakfast: 2 whole organic eggs, scrambled with a touch of red and green pepper. I didn't add any milk, salt or pepper to my eggs (has to be a first for me!) so that was a success. I'm not a huge egg person, but it was pretty good. I'm trying to try new and better for me things, and that also means re-trying some things I'm not a huge fan of so long as I don't particularly hate it.

I started feeling a little better so I motivated to go to the gym... It's nice that we have a gym here at work that we can use. My boss got on a huge fitness kick last summer, what with all the fire and EMS people who die from cardiac arrest under stressful situations (Which we have a lot of!) because of poor health and lifestyle choices. We are supposed to try to fit in an hour of fitness per shift if we can. There are only 2 downsides: 1 is that every other work week, my shift is at the one station that does not allow us access to the gym due to location; but that just means I have to fit in my workout on my way home, which isn't that terrible. (Thank goodness for my 24 hr gym). The other downside (the actual big one in my book) is the distance that has to be walked from the parking lot to the fitness facility. It's located in the back of a building that houses a bar/grille and a golf shop. Don't get me wrong, the walk is fine-- when it's NOT below 30 degrees and when you're not wearing shorts! So really it's just this time of year that it stinks. But, I sucked it up and froze my bum off for the few minutes it takes to get there. A plus is that the gym is never very busy here, so I don't have to wait for equipment.

Today's workout: TT Beginner A. I Love how I can feel myself getting stronger!

warmup circuit:
prisoner squat X10
pushup X8 (did these kneeling to warm up)
stability ball leg curl x 8

warmup superset:
DB squat- 30 lbsX8
Pushup- 5

superset 1:
DB squat 40lbsX10X2
Pushup 10X2

superset 2:
DB Row: 20 lbsX10/sideX2
Stability ball leg curl: 12X2

superset 3:
ab curl up- 3 sec hold at topX10X2
side plank- 15 sec/sideX2

abdominal addition:
Mountain climbers- 10/sideX2
Side plank- 20 sec/sideX2
elevated plank- 20 secX2

Cardio:
treadmill- 3 mins walk (3.2mph), 30 sec X 6 at 7.2mph, 90 sec breaks between at 3.2 mph, cooldown 5 mins at 3mph.

I loved this workout! Had to be one of my best yet! Personal bests were the increases in weight in both the db row and the db squats and continuing to do all pusups "Real"

Got back to the station, made lunch (spinach salad, cucumbers, tomatoes, red and green pepper, onion, 4oz turkey breast).

I feel a lot better after lunch and my workout, but still not 100 percent. Today is a great day so far!!

Old 01-13-2011, 03:54 PM

Red face Day 15

So, today is day 15. Today is a day of no workout (and believe me, I am feeling yesterday's workout in my legs, yeee-owww!). I decided when I woke up this morning to try an ESE fast because my cravings were crazy yesterday, although I did manage to resist the temptations of the chocolate, candy and pizza being offered to me by my co-workers (sweet victory!). I don't own ESE, as I can't really afford it at the moment (sucks because I got CB's emails about the sweet bonuses he's offering until the end of today-sigh), so there's really no method to my fast. I've been just drinking water, aside from having 1/2 a cup of coffee today because I was really dragging. I assume that's all there is to it; just not eating, drinking lots of water. I've drank about 2 times my average daily water consumption by this time of day today because I'm using it to curb the desire to eat. I'm not really hungry, just when I see food I want to eat it. Of course, my co-workers have oatmeal cream pies sitting out onthe counter, candy canes and chocolate (needless to say, I'm not looking in the kitchen at all right now). I will break my fast in about an hour- not bad for my first attempt making it about 24 hours... I ate dinner around 5:30 last night and ate a bit more than I wanted to.. dinner last night was 3 oz lean ground beef, 1 cup broccoli and cauliflower (that was planned) and unplanned 2 small yellow squash sauteed with onions (not so bad but more butter than I had planned yesterday).

So, basically I have worked today but haven't had any food to log or any exercise. I plan on doing 30 minutes of light exercise later today. I would love to get into yoga but don't know yoga (haha) so we will see what I can find online about basic yoga and stretching; then I will do my shoulder exercises.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!!

Old 01-13-2011, 05:33 PM

You don't need to own ESE. It isn't a diet plan per say but rather a book that outlines the way our body works and provides the research to support the intermittent fasting method. Basically, don't eat anything for 24 hours, 2x per week. Coffee (black) is ok, water is fine, but really no calories. If you only get to 18 or 20 hours per fast, that's fine. Do it 1 - 2 x per week, and not on consecutive days.

For free info on fasting check out leangains.com

TT's Completed:
TT Metabolic Finishers
TT Buff Dudes Hot Chicks
TT2k3
TT Switch
TT DB Depletion
TT 2k4
TT Meatheads Bench Press
TT for Meathead IV L&J
TT Hardcore 2K6
TT Reconstruction
TT Resistance Evil
TT Meatheads 4x4
TT for Meatheads V
TT for Reformed Meatheads
TTGauntlet
Old 01-13-2011, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfeinstein View Post
You don't need to own ESE. It isn't a diet plan per say but rather a book that outlines the way our body works and provides the research to support the intermittent fasting method. Basically, don't eat anything for 24 hours, 2x per week. Coffee (black) is ok, water is fine, but really no calories. If you only get to 18 or 20 hours per fast, that's fine. Do it 1 - 2 x per week, and not on consecutive days.

For free info on fasting check out leangains.com
Thanks, Adamfeinstein. I appreciate it; I will definitely check that out. ... How about lemon in water? Would that be suitable per ESE? I would assume so....

Ended my fast as planned around 5:15pm. I ate a medium sized plate of spaghetti with spaghetti sauce and some meat added (it's what the guys at work were having for dinner, and they had counted me in, so I figured after fasting all day and since it was my only meal, I could use it as a reward meal (I haven't had anything off my meal plan since Saturday afternoon, and that means no grains, so no pasta... and man I love pasta!) Fitday estimates I came in around 740 calories for this meal (that seems HUGE since I've been dieting, but I figure it'll keep my body guessing at what's coming next). The only thing I have a hard time with is seeing how a fast saves you calories, unless you do it from 8am one day to 8am the next... lol. I mean, I still ended up eating normally yesterday, then didn't eat today, but ending my fast I was hungry enough to eat 750ish cals worth of food, so did I really gain much, other than today being low-calorie? I guess I'll have to keep experimenting with it to figure out what works best for me.

I see today as a huge success. How awesome to be able to say no to food, no matter what. I said no to chocolate, no to pizza, no to candy, no to the Dr Pepper I really really want (the Dr Pepper is all I'm currently struggling with, lol).

I've had about 90 oz of water, which is well over the amount I really need (about 70 oz per day per my bodyweight).

I'm having a movie night tonight and looking forward to getting to bed early since I'm still not feeling 100 percent.

Oh, I have an appt with a personal trainer tomorrow at noon (yet another benefit of my boss' fitness kick, a trainer to work with for free on occasion). We will see what she thinks of CB's program, lol. She's always been a huge fan of the elliptical (ha!)

Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post
Thanks, Adamfeinstein. I appreciate it; I will definitely check that out. ... How about lemon in water? Would that be suitable per ESE? I would assume so....
Yeah that's fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedicrr View Post

The only thing I have a hard time with is seeing how a fast saves you calories, unless you do it from 8am one day to 8am the next... lol. I mean, I still ended up eating normally yesterday, then didn't eat today, but ending my fast I was hungry enough to eat 750ish cals worth of food, so did I really gain much, other than today being low-calorie? I guess I'll have to keep experimenting with it to figure out what works best for me.
A few things:

1) 750 is still a lot less than the 1400 - 1700 you would probably normally eat
2) The idea with ESE isn't to indulge yourself when your're done, it's ok that you did but ideally you'd eat the same meal you normally would
3) Even if you didn't reach the same caloric defecit you would like, there are other effects in play, fasting improves insulin resistance and increases your metabolic rate; both of which will improve your metabolism and help with future fat burnings

So keep at it!

TT's Completed:
TT Metabolic Finishers
TT Buff Dudes Hot Chicks
TT2k3
TT Switch
TT DB Depletion
TT 2k4
TT Meatheads Bench Press
TT for Meathead IV L&J
TT Hardcore 2K6
TT Reconstruction
TT Resistance Evil
TT Meatheads 4x4
TT for Meatheads V
TT for Reformed Meatheads
TTGauntlet
Old 01-13-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfeinstein View Post
Yeah that's fine

A few things:

1) 750 is still a lot less than the 1400 - 1700 you would probably normally eat
2) The idea with ESE isn't to indulge yourself when your're done, it's ok that you did but ideally you'd eat the same meal you normally would
3) Even if you didn't reach the same caloric defecit you would like, there are other effects in play, fasting improves insulin resistance and increases your metabolic rate; both of which will improve your metabolism and help with future fat burnings

So keep at it!
Thanks for the support. I'm new to this, so I really don't know what I'm doing, ha! Thanks for the pointers. One big thing I have to learn is to know my body well enough to know when I can stop eating; I tend to eat until I'm overfilled unless my diet tells me exactly how much to eat when.