TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 19th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2014, 07:31 PM
sbgal's Avatar
sbgal sbgal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 130
Default Jenelle keeping the ball going

May as well keep on keeping on, I am on a roll after all.

Just throwing my hat into the ring for another Challenge that I intend to finish (and dare I say "place" in).

However at the moment I'm suffering from a lovely winter cold so workouts are nonexistent until I can stop coughing up a lung. I think the grandkid gave it too me or my son, the Marine, who always some some sort of crud from open barrack living - grrr! I did manage some finishers yesterday and it felt great but then I spent all last night coughing :P blah!! No problem though, it's a good time to sit down and create my goals and intentions for the next 3 months. I do plan on seeing some serious abs as well as a rounder, fuller back side just for starters.

See you all soon with all the particulars.

Cheers!!!

www.hellohappygirl.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-04-2014, 08:05 PM
commandercool commandercool is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 164
Default

Glad to have you back! I'm looking forward to following your continued progress!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2014, 11:57 PM
craig.mitch316's Avatar
craig.mitch316 craig.mitch316 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgal View Post
May as well keep on keeping on, I am on a roll after all.

Just throwing my hat into the ring for another Challenge that I intend to finish (and dare I say "place" in).

However at the moment I'm suffering from a lovely winter cold so workouts are nonexistent until I can stop coughing up a lung. I think the grandkid gave it too me or my son, the Marine, who always some some sort of crud from open barrack living - grrr! I did manage some finishers yesterday and it felt great but then I spent all last night coughing :P blah!! No problem though, it's a good time to sit down and create my goals and intentions for the next 3 months. I do plan on seeing some serious abs as well as a rounder, fuller back side just for starters.

See you all soon with all the particulars.

Cheers!!!

www.hellohappygirl.com
Good luck with your goals Jenelle.
__________________
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-05-2014, 11:31 AM
pageboy9's Avatar
pageboy9 pageboy9 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,681
Default

Good luck Janelle, and welcome!

Hope you feel better soon so that you can get back in the gym.

My secret is garlic for warding off colds. I throw garlic cloves in their skin in with butter and olive oil whenever I cook beef or chicken, halfway through the cooking process. (The health effects are lost if the garlic is overcooked.) Then I squeeze out the garlic and eat a little bit with each bite. I'll even just swallow a whole cooked clove if I feel like it. (Not right before I teach class though.)

Some say that "immunity starts in the gut."
__________________
Catherine
http://www.sugarfreedom.com
Fitness is Freedom.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-05-2014, 09:42 PM
PeterJankowski's Avatar
PeterJankowski PeterJankowski is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,064
Default

Welcome back for another round!

Hope the cold clears up quickly. Nothing worse.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-06-2014, 05:23 PM
sbgal's Avatar
sbgal sbgal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Welcome back for another round!

Hope the cold clears up quickly. Nothing worse.
Thanks Peter - Your mouth to God's ear lol.
__________________
Jenelle aka sbgal
www.hellohappygirl.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-06-2014, 05:32 PM
sbgal's Avatar
sbgal sbgal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 130
Default

Feeling better but not near 100%, perhaps near 70%. Made it to my "gym" this morning, now this requires a short walk across frozen tundra to the "main" house. Typically this frozen tundra is squishy dirt but thanks to freezing temps and no rain I can almost skate across the yard, this actually makes me happy - no mud!

I haven't had a truly good workout in about 2 weeks so I stepped it back significantly much to my prides chagrin and even then didn't finish a full workout. I was pretty winded, weak and wobbly after 15 minutes of Intermediate A at 1/2 the weight :/

Hopefully this cough/cold is on it's last leg. My poor grandson ended up in the hospital with it on Friday night. They kept him overnight for observation and to keep him in oxygen - he's only 6 months old. Poor baby
__________________
Jenelle aka sbgal
www.hellohappygirl.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-06-2014, 05:22 PM
sbgal's Avatar
sbgal sbgal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Good luck Janelle, and welcome!

Hope you feel better soon so that you can get back in the gym.

My secret is garlic for warding off colds. I throw garlic cloves in their skin in with butter and olive oil whenever I cook beef or chicken, halfway through the cooking process. (The health effects are lost if the garlic is overcooked.) Then I squeeze out the garlic and eat a little bit with each bite. I'll even just swallow a whole cooked clove if I feel like it. (Not right before I teach class though.)

Some say that "immunity starts in the gut."
Thanks for the tip. I agree about immunity starting in the gut. Ugh!!
__________________
Jenelle aka sbgal
www.hellohappygirl.com
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-13-2014, 03:17 PM
mocombes mocombes is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageboy9 View Post
Good luck Janelle, and welcome!

Hope you feel better soon so that you can get back in the gym.

My secret is garlic for warding off colds. I throw garlic cloves in their skin in with butter and olive oil whenever I cook beef or chicken, halfway through the cooking process. (The health effects are lost if the garlic is overcooked.) Then I squeeze out the garlic and eat a little bit with each bite. I'll even just swallow a whole cooked clove if I feel like it. (Not right before I teach class though.)

Some say that "immunity starts in the gut."
I'm a few days late chiming in, but garlic is my go-to for all illnesses as well. I'm a little more hard core, though Just take a fresh clove and smash it, then chop it finely and scoop it into a spoon. With a glass of water, wash it down! No chewing, just swallowing. I do this 2-3 times a day for a few days and it's magical. There's some odor, but I just apologize in advance if I'm near someone (which is good to avoid anyway if you're feeling sick).

Glad you're feeling better!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-13-2014, 04:59 PM
sbgal's Avatar
sbgal sbgal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
I'm a few days late chiming in, but garlic is my go-to for all illnesses as well. I'm a little more hard core, though Just take a fresh clove and smash it, then chop it finely and scoop it into a spoon. With a glass of water, wash it down! No chewing, just swallowing. I do this 2-3 times a day for a few days and it's magical. There's some odor, but I just apologize in advance if I'm near someone (which is good to avoid anyway if you're feeling sick).

Glad you're feeling better!
Wow that is pretty hardcore. I wonder how my tummy would take that. The last time I was sick (Jan 2013), I had an ear infection. I chopped garlic and soaked it in oil then put the garlic oil in my ear. Healed it right up but I did smell funny. Of course I used coconut oil so I hope that helped the smell lol.
__________________
Jenelle aka sbgal
www.hellohappygirl.com
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
2006-2008 TTMembers.com All Rights Reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited.