TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2011, 10:50 AM

Mmmm....the soup sounds wonderful. I'll have to give it a try. It's so darn cold here right now, that soup is particularly appealing. I'm doing the Booty for Wife workout and there is a lot of stability ball exercises in it, plus I'm able to do all the workouts from home which is mandatory for me.

Oh I hear you about the cold and wanting food! It's been below zero here for several days and it's all I can do not to empty the pantry! Even worse, it's comfort food cravings although soup might fit the bill. Heres to some warmer weather soon!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 02-09-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell27 View Post
Mmmm....the soup sounds wonderful. I'll have to give it a try. It's so darn cold here right now, that soup is particularly appealing. I'm doing the Booty for Wife workout and there is a lot of stability ball exercises in it, plus I'm able to do all the workouts from home which is mandatory for me.

Oh I hear you about the cold and wanting food! It's been below zero here for several days and it's all I can do not to empty the pantry! Even worse, it's comfort food cravings although soup might fit the bill. Heres to some warmer weather soon!
Thanks..Booty for wife looks good..and go the soup..it's really yum.! I also added a little more pepper.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:47 PM

Right-y-o... Tomorrow will be the start of "Booty for Wife". It's definately time to get my booty on with the workout stuff. I've pretty much been much more focused on diet. Right now I'm really digging cooking oats with coconut milk, sliced apple and nuts for breaky..I just downloaded a cookbook full of coconut milk recipies...I have to check it out tomorrow..happy week to all.. cheers, deb
Old 02-14-2011, 08:01 AM

Booty for Wife is great workout. It might seem easy in the first 4 weeks, but last 4 are killer.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:45 AM

Yeh Tatjana.. I never under estimate Craig's workouts. I'm looking forward to doing the whole 12 weeks of it. This morning I checked the workout I'm doing and mistakingly was looking at weeks 5-8 bulgarian ss.. near pooped myself, but all is good, I'm doing week 1-4. Something to look forward to.

This week is a bit rough. The ol' menstrual cycle strikes again and has brought sugar cravings along for the ride. This doesn't usually happen, but this time it has. I'm trying to handle it..trying...trying.. Also feeling bloated is making me think it's fat and I have to remind myself it's the bloating.. Well, with this I'm avoiding all body measuring devices and full length mirrors. Next week will be a better indication.

Breaky today: Oats w/ coconut milk, almonds, cashews, apple + black coffee

Lunch: I'm going to try a coconut beef soup.. will report back on this one!!

Booty for wife workout B today with intervals after..
Old 02-16-2011, 06:48 AM

It great that you've realised that the bloating is different from fat - just ride the wave and you'll be fine.

That coconut beef soup sounds delicious and very Thai/Malaysian - let us know how it tastes.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 02-16-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesunelson View Post
It great that you've realised that the bloating is different from fat - just ride the wave and you'll be fine.

That coconut beef soup sounds delicious and very Thai/Malaysian - let us know how it tastes.
Yep.. riding the wave.. and excepting getting dumped from time to time...it's all part of the fun I suppose.

I just ate the soup and it was YUM!! but I would use a white meat next time. Maybe chicken. Very Thai/Malaysian for sure. That's one of the things I miss about Sydney is all the wonderful influences from Asia. Next food journey will be Hummus. I figure that having hummus around will be a good snack with carrots or something like that.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:52 PM

Default Chicken coconut soup..

Ok.. I'm going to throw this out there for anyone who wants to give it a burl. I made it today with beef but I think chicken would be better, but you can use any meat you want or tofu..whatever..

1) Put meat of choice in a saucepan with 2 cups of coconut milk. Bring to the boil then simmer with lid on low heat for 40mins or until meat is nice an tender.
2) Meanwhile.. put a chopped onion with chopped celery ( 2 stalks ) in a saucepan and saute.
3) When the onion and celery are soft, add 2 cups of stock. I used a veggie stock cube with 2 cups of water.
4) Add in chopped up veggies of choice. I used a little sweet potato, turnip, and 2 carrots. Bring to boil and then simmer with lid closed on low heat until veggies are soft.
5) With a stick blender or normal blender, mash up all the veggies.
6) Add in tsp pepper, tsp curry powder, minced garlic salt to taste. You can use these or whatever you want really.. it's up to you.
7) I then added a cup of sliced mushrooms and let it simmer again on the low heat for 10 mins.
8) Mix the coconut meat with the veggies and stir.
9) Serve it up and enjoy! I put some fresh corriander on top to garnish but this is optional and not to everyone's taste.

Hope you enjoy...
Old 02-18-2011, 07:10 AM

Some people are getting really great results so far... congrats to you all!!!!

I'm resisting the temptation to do more than the prescribed workouts. Week 1 of booty for wife was kinda easy going but I think I need this to work up again after a 3 week holiday. It's not that I'm not feeling the pain.. cos I am. For once I'm putting some effort into Intervals too which is good.

I've been avoiding the measuring devices this week cos of menstrual bloating but keeping the food on track. The sugar cravings have gone now.

I've been eating the same thing for breaky everyday this week. Oats, coconut milk and nuts.

Lunch today will be some steamed meat wrapped in rice paper with some stir fry green veg. I'm going to dig into the veg more so..

Dinner is always a surprise on Fridays because of the restaurant I work in ( musician ). So it's a bit of a treaty kinda dinner but sometimes it fits my plan. Let's see. And a "small" glass of red with the manager after. I say small with " " because if I don't I swear she'll pour half the bottle in a glass you could keep fish in. So it ends up being a normal size that way!!

This weekend starts the interior painting of our house. We are going to do bathroom and kitchen.. I've never painted a house before. Maybe it will be a workout too..

Have a great weekend!!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:01 PM

The support on this forum is overwhelming..!!