TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 9th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2010, 07:20 AM

Sorry you're injured but I'd echo all the advice you've already had

- keep working at the nutrition (I know when I get injured and discouraged then that's when I'm most likely to drink a bottle of Shiraz and eat a kilo of jelly babies!!)

- jprev came up with some excellent ideas to maintain a level of fitness - ideal

- although the timing sucks, it is still a minor setback in the grand scheme of things

- Catherine made a very good point re visualisation. There is evidence that relaxation/visualisation can assist in healing injuries. Once you are in a relaxed and receptive state you visualise something that for you would signify a healing force at the site of the injury eg white light. (I have written a report on mental training skills that covers visualisation for athletic performance in it that I could send you. The principles are the same)

- now you're limited to one finger typing, it gives you the opportunity to experience what some of us spend our entire lives doing!!

Get well soon!!
Old 11-20-2010, 12:44 PM

So good to see you sticking with it even tho injured. I am old experienced enough to know that injuries are part of the process.
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-21-2010, 01:33 AM

Hi Katie, Answered your PM, hope you get this one...

Take care of the wrist, I see JP gave you some sound advice re working out injured......As did a few other people, that is what is so great about the forum,
everyone is willing to help.

Take care Katie,
Cheers
Ma
Old 11-22-2010, 04:31 AM

hi ma

thmnks for the post and i got thePM too very timely asyou gave me a good reminder of what I should be eating!!!!

i have done a fast today but slippec a little tonigght hubby made choc brownie again seems to be a downfall for me at the mo, but it did stop there which is better than last week

really fed up that i cant really go for it in the gym this week am still nursing thus wrist so still no uppper body work or weight bearing. have been doing the JP workout though and that great i forgot how tough stick ups are!

we are going to see U2 on thursday so will be missing the gym then too and friday possibly, am looking forward to seeing everyones results, nit sure i will be a contender this time around but we will see.

still plan to keep going whatever, so will be in for the next contest too

cheers for now 1 finger typing over for today

katie
Old 11-24-2010, 01:21 PM

Ooooh! Color me green that you get to see U2 tomorrow. I hope you have a fantastic time and forget about everything except thoroughly enjoying yourself. I can hear the opening notes to "Where the Streets Have No Name" in my head right now.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
hi ma

we are going to see U2 on thursday so will be missing the gym then too and friday possibly, am looking forward to seeing everyones results, nit sure i will be a contender this time around but we will see.

katie
Nice! have some fun - just remember its a lifetime journey that counts not the short-term

I got stuck in the U2 traffic trying to get home from work ....

Only the fool, fixed in his folly, may think he can turn the wheel on which he turns

Roundballnz on Twitter, LJ, FB
Old 11-29-2010, 01:42 AM

hi guys

well been awol for a couple of days. the u2 concert was absolutely fantastic really amazing we had such a fab time i was buzzing for hours

i danced the whole 2.5 hrs thay u2 were on stage so although i didnt make the gym that day i reckon that must have counted for something.

we stayed over in auckland for the night and then spent the next day shopping without any children which was such a rare luxury and guess what i bought a new skirt size 8!! thats a uk size 8, so think that a size 6 in the US. i think it must have been quite a big size 8 but the size 10 was definitly too big

i have noticed that a few old clothes fit me now that didnt before even though i weighed a lot less than i do now when i last wore them. i guess that means i am losing inches, will find out later as we will be doing measrements later today.

thats the good stuff

now for the rubbish stuff

as you may have noticed i am still 1 finger 1 hand typing as my right hand is still injured, on top of that i have been on 4 types of antiobiotics now to clear the bladder infection, the last lot have made me really sick, and have also been unable to fast as you have to have them 4 times a day with food. i have 1 more day on them and hopefully thats it. had a scan today to investigate further so go back to docs later in week. also on sat night i had an allergic reaction to something i ate or drank so came out in a red blotches aver my face and body.

and to finish me off i now have a viral infection, sore throat and no voice !!

all this as meant i have missed the gym for 5 days and i am over being sick!!!

this is not what i needed for the last week before the end of the contest but not a lot i can do about it really, it just means that the measurements/weight loss and photos will not be as great as i had wished for but as Catherine put it so well, i always planeed to keep on sailing

am hoping i can go to gym again tomorrow but am still unable to do any upper body work so will be all lower body and interval training. cant wait til i m back to fighting fit just makes you appreciate how fortunate we are to have fully functioning bodies.

well that all for now will be back to logging and tt tomorrow

chers for now Katie
Old 11-29-2010, 06:12 AM

So glad you had a great time at the concert

and so sorry to hear of all your trials and tribulations!!

Some times the feeling that things aren't getting any better can be so depressing :-(

The important thing is to get fit and well gain and then just pick up where you left off!!

Hope the medical people get to the bottom of it all and that you're full of beans again soon!!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:02 AM

Sucks about time off, but I'll bet the other 11 weeks have netted you amazing results! Do what you can and heal!
My TT#9 contest thread
Old 11-29-2010, 12:12 PM

Hi Katie - I saw U2 years ago and it was a great concert (even though I was sitting so far away I could hardly see them, lol). Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Hope you are feeling better soon and good luck in your final stretch!

"Eating crappy food is not a reward - it's a punishment."
~Drew Carey