TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2015, 09:12 AM

1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. The vinegar in particular has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity. I'm running much higher carbs these days so figure a little help in this department can't hurt.

This is similar to my "healthy drank". I also add a pinch of sea salt and stevia. If you find yourself jonesing for some booze mid-week, do 2 T of the vinegar, stevia and sparkling water. It kind of tastes like a mixed drink and gives me a lift. Not quite a buzz, but a definite feeling of well being.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-09-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
Good luck mate with your journey...I'll be checking over your thread once in a while. Hope you nail your front lever, it is a very taxing movement, especially developing that straight arm strength.

Lately I've just been focusing purely on my calisthenics, I would like to get a lot better at it.

All the best mate!
Thanks mate. I was planning on getting a little leaner anyway so this contest just happened along at the right time. Too much liberal eating over the winter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
This is similar to my "healthy drank". I also add a pinch of sea salt and stevia. If you find yourself jonesing for some booze mid-week, do 2 T of the vinegar, stevia and sparkling water. It kind of tastes like a mixed drink and gives me a lift. Not quite a buzz, but a definite feeling of well being.
Hmmm.. this sounds positively aweful! Ha. I'll stick to good old H20 for now thanks Leslie
Old 09-09-2015, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
1 tbsp of lemon juice and 1 tbsp of raw unpasteurized apple cider vinegar in a glass of water. The vinegar in particular has been shown to increase insulin sensitivity. I'm running much higher carbs these days so figure a little help in this department can't hurt.

I love this drink as a sub for alcohol. I pour myself a tall one with added lemon juice and stevia. I've never tried the sparkling water, but that sounds downright festive!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:48 PM

Default Day 3

No training today back to it tomorrow with workout C. Incidentally my legs are SO SORE from workout A I'm actually very grateful the day off.

I've got a house full of sick people at the moment but thus far I've not succumbed to any illness this winter. I put that down to my vital greens every morning and my regime on cold showers each morning.

Nutrition: I was a bit lazy yesterday so lived on a few convenient snacks rather than real food. Finished with a really good dinner though.

5am - vital greens, freedom tonic
8am - 2 fried eggs on sourdough
1pm - quest bar, 1 apple
2pm - scoop on wpc in almond milk, 1 apple
6pm - BBQ chimichurri pork fillet with roasted capsicum and garlic cannellini beans
7pm - strawberries and blueberries

Total Calories: 1891 | Protein 173g | Carbs 205g | Fat 60g |
Old 09-09-2015, 10:54 PM

Okay so here is my starting photos and measurements

Waist: 36 inch
Hips: 39.5 inch
Chest: 40.5 inch
Shoulders: 22 inch
Left Thigh: 24.5 inch
Left Bicep: 12.5 inch
Weight: 88.6kg

I promise I will smile in my finishing photos. Got to look miserable in the beginning right!

I'm holding quite a bit of (well earned) fat around the lower back and midsection. Ha! Too many beers and kettle chips over the winter (an probably the autumn and summer as well.

Should make for a great transformation though
Old 09-10-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
You know Concetta I don't think you look all that bad right now! But we are always going to be our own worst critics.
Time to get after it though!
Thanks Peter. I will say the exact same back to you. Fortunately, you are entering spring/summer, while the northern hemisphere will rotate to my least favorite seasons. Here is to our success, and meeting at TT#16! Concetta
Old 09-10-2015, 09:39 PM

Default Day 4

Training: Meatheads 5 x 20 Week 1 Workout C

1a) Sumo Deadlift - 120kg x 10 x 1, 160kg x 10/8
1b) Lateral Jumps - 8 per side x 3

500 metre sprint on concept 2 rower - time 1.45 sec

2a) DB Step ups - 12.5's x 8 x 3 per side
2b) Burpees - bw x 8 x 3
2c) RKC Plank - 20 sec x 3

3a) TBX - 60 sec x 2
3b) Star Jumps - 60 sec x 2
3c) Jump Rope - 60 sec x 2

I'm going to add in the odd 500 metre sprint on the rower at random points between my workouts to insight more fat loss after something I read by Dan John. Quite enjoying the rower in a love hate sort of fashion.

Ran out of time on the third superset (so only 2 rounds) as I did this session in between clients. I really enjoyed it though. Favorite day of the program so far.

Nutrition:

5am - Vital greens, freedom tonic
10am - 1 apple
1pm - (post workout shake) - chocolate wpc, frozen berries, kale, banana, quinoa flakes, maca, chia seeds, coconut water
3pm - (left overs) BBQ chimichurri pork fillet with roasted capsicum and garlic cannellini beans
7pm - black pepper beef udon noodle stirfry

Total Calories: 1924 | Protein 125g | Carbs 251g | Fat 41g |
Old 09-11-2015, 11:18 PM

Default Day 5

Training: Meatheads 5 x 20 Week 1 Workout D

1a) Military Press - 20kg (bar only) x 20 x 3
1b) Chinups (5/0/1/0) - bw x 5 x 3

2a) V-Grip Pulldown - 45kg x 20 x 3
2b) 1-arm KB Press - 20kg x 5 x 3 per side
2c) X-Body Mountain Climbers - bw x 20 x 3

3a) Band Pushup - red band x 20 x 3
3b) Band Pull-apart - red band x 20 x 3
3c) TRX Bicep Curl - bw x 20 x 3
3d) TRX Tricep Extension - bw x 20 x 3

Finisher: 10 minutes of sled sprints followed by 20 minute walk on the treadmill

Great arm pump on this workout. Good way to finish the week.

Nutrition: Take note that my cheat/refeed window starts on Friday night and goes through until Sunday morning so diet is more liberal. I also indulged in a beer and a few (too many? - no never) glasses of wine. I'm logging my food but haven't account for alcoholic calories.

5am - vital greens, freedom tonic
10am - 1 apple, 1 quest bar
12pm - shake: chocolate wpc, frozen berries, kale, banana, quinoa flakes, maca, chia seeds, coconut water
6pm - 1 beer, packet kettle chips
7pm - homemade pizzas (made from scratch). One with prosciutto and rocket and the other with pepperoni, roasted peppers, mushroom and olive, washed down with a few glasses of red
8pm - 1 cappuccino magnum icecream

Total Calories (excluding booze): 2698 | Protein 125g | Carbs 315g | Fat 95g |

I'd say calories would be closer to 3300 including alcohol.

I won't log my food over the weekend due to the refeed and because it becomes tiresome to log absolutely ever day but I'll be back onto it again on Monday.

I've been running higher carbs (lower fat) for a few weeks as an experiment to see if I if I can still lose fat at a decent rate but right now I'm still sitting on the fence a little about the whole exercise. I've always thought of myself as a low carb high fat guy and do feel good on that type of macro set up.

I'm going to give the higher carbs another week and if I don't see enough progress I may switch things around a little. I don't want to go any lower that 1950 calories per day so will just tinker with macros.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:20 PM

Default Day 8 (Monday 14 September)

Just a quick weekend recap before I commence week 2.

I had a great weekend. I train people on Saturday mornings and it's always my favorite day of the week. People are just in a different mood because they don't have race off to work.

I ran a really cool bootcamp style team training session which was based around a deck of cards and a game of chance with a coin flip and then another game with the finisher. Really good times.

Nutritionally whilst my refeed didn't get completely out of hand I did drink too much so I am going into this week with a new plan.

So here is this weeks plan.

Calories (Mon-Friday) - goal of approx 1950 per day. Macro ratios will remain at approximately 30% protein, 25% fat and 45% carbohydrate.

Booze rules: No booze until Saturday with the exception that I am doing a obstacle race (Night Attack) with some clients this Wednesday night so I may have 1 beer with them after the race to be social.

Cheat/Refeed: will commence on Saturday afternoon after I get back from the gym and conclude on Sunday night no later that 7pm.

I'm running higher carbs for another week and if it fails to yield results I will swap to higher fat and lower carb. I feel that it will work though. To be honest it is the mid week drinking that has been keeping the weight on not the carbs so I feel this will be the week that some progress is made.

Back later with today's training and food intake
Old 09-14-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Why such low calories Concetta?
Maintenance is somewhere around 1550 calories for me. I have not been able to lose any pounds lately. I am erring on the side of less for the time being until I find a good number. Experimenting on myself. Like you, trying to find the sweet spot. Concetta