TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2015, 03:55 PM

Default The "I Will" Challenge

I'm feeling pumped up and inspired by Transformer Mann! School starts on Monday(Thank you Jesus!) and I'm going to be taking at least 2 ladies through the contest. What better time to nail down some healthy/productive habits for lil' ol' me.

So...

Body/Physical: I need to drop about 10 pounds. I did great on the drive over. After we got here, things have not gone as well. Time to hit the TT workouts hard. I WILL do only TT workouts for the next 12 weeks. I WILL do 20 perfect pushups by the end.
Edited to AddI WILL hike a new trail once a week. Tomorrow will be Walden Pond.

Diet: I WILL follow Mikey's diet plan, allowing for red wine on Friday and Saturday nights only.(by night, I do not mean 3 PM)(Mikey's diet does not call for booze. That's my tweak)

Productivity:I WILL begin to follow a schedule every day.

Personal Development: I WILL read something educational in the morning for at least 30 minutes and some fiction in the evenings for 30 minutes.

That's all for now. I pledge that 90% of this journal will be non-fiction and hyperbole free.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17

Last edited by LeslieM : 08-31-2015 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-31-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I'm feeling pumped up and inspired by Transformer Mann! School starts on Monday(Thank you Jesus!) and I'm going to be taking at least 2 ladies through the contest. What better time to nail down some healthy/productive habits for lil' ol' me.

So...

Body/Physical: I need to drop about 10 pounds. I did great on the drive over. After we got here, things have not gone as well. Time to hit the TT workouts hard. I WILL do only TT workouts for the next 12 weeks. I WILL do 20 perfect pushups by the end.

Diet: I WILL follow Mikey's diet plan, allowing for red wine on Friday and Saturday nights only.(by night, I do not mean 3 PM)(Mikey's diet does not call for booze. That's my tweak)

Personal Development: I WILL read something educational in the morning for at least 30 minutes and some fiction in the evenings for 30 minutes.

That's all for now. I pledge that 90% of this journal will be non-fiction and hyperbole free.
I love it!

As for reading, I'm back into a "groove" ever since we cut our cable about 6 weeks ago. I'm reading "Fearless" by Max Lucado for personal development and fiction at night as my go-to before bed.

Keep up the good work!
Old 08-31-2015, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Whitfield View Post
I love it!

As for reading, I'm back into a "groove" ever since we cut our cable about 6 weeks ago. I'm reading "Fearless" by Max Lucado for personal development and fiction at night as my go-to before bed.

Keep up the good work!
HA! We just got cable for the first time since the white sox swept the astros in the world series! I'm not much of a tv watcher, though. I'm actually doing 2 educational books in the AM. More on that tomorrow! I love Max Lucado.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-01-2015, 12:24 AM

Quote:

So...

That's funny. I am often called an inspirational person. I appreciate knowing that I've helped get you ready to roll, too I am hoping to not just be a great mouthpiece for this healthy lifestyle though... I've got to get it. I'm feeling it this time. I've got a much different, at peace, lifestyle focus this time. BOOM.
Old 09-02-2015, 07:37 AM

Default September 1,2015

Body/Physical:I have not picked a workout yet for the next 4 weeks. I worked on my push-ups yesterday at bootcamp with the ladies. Hiking will have to wait until Friday or Saturday.

Diet: Diet was good today. In addition to using Mikey's plan, I'm also following some recent advice from Brad Pilon. I will try to find the email later. He mentions picking 5 foods/drinks that when eaten, help eliminate the feelings of deprivation while dieting. You work those foods within your weekly calorie totals. Mine are: wine, cheese, corn chips, protein and ?? I know that on my cheat meals this weekend, I'll get to have a few glasses of red wine and a little Mexican food. I won't be wasting my cheat meals on junk that doesn't really float my boat.

Productivity: Stayed mostly on schedule. I'm still running around doing school stuff for the boys and getting the house set-up. Once that settles down, I can focus more on my actual schedule for the year.

Personal Development: I'm reading The Birth of America in the morning. It's subtitled "From Before Columbus to the Revolution". I'll also be starting a book study next week with some ladies on base called The Best Yes:Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands. The fiction book I'm reading for fun at night is called Rashi's Daughters.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Body/Physical:I have not picked a workout yet for the next 4 weeks. I worked on my push-ups yesterday at bootcamp with the ladies. Hiking will have to wait until Friday or Saturday.

Diet: Diet was good today. In addition to using Mikey's plan, I'm also following some recent advice from Brad Pilon. I will try to find the email later. He mentions picking 5 foods/drinks that when eaten, help eliminate the feelings of deprivation while dieting. You work those foods within your weekly calorie totals. Mine are: wine, cheese, corn chips, protein and ?? I know that on my cheat meals this weekend, I'll get to have a few glasses of red wine and a little Mexican food. I won't be wasting my cheat meals on junk that doesn't really float my boat.

Productivity: Stayed mostly on schedule. I'm still running around doing school stuff for the boys and getting the house set-up. Once that settles down, I can focus more on my actual schedule for the year.

Personal Development: I'm reading The Birth of America in the morning. It's subtitled "From Before Columbus to the Revolution". I'll also be starting a book study next week with some ladies on base called The Best Yes:Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands. The fiction book I'm reading for fun at night is called Rashi's Daughters.
Totally with the "don't waste the cheats." Example: Sunday morning donuts at church. Kinda the sucky brand. I've said if we changed to Lamar's from Krappy Kreme, we'd grow by at least 10 new families. However, blueberry cake donut, no matter the brand... I don't need the whole thing. I know I've got Mama Mann's house aka grandma's house that afternoon with a big meal and probably some I-C-E C-R-E-A-M (have to spell it for the kids and all). So, I just tear a bite the last few times. Done. Then, enjoy my black coffee while helping run the screens or kiddos programs.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:10 AM

Body/Physical: Did my own little TT workout yesterday. I'll decide on something else today. I don't feel like making my own workouts. Worked on my push-ups doing incline push-ups.

Diet: Diet was great. I had to attend a football game for the sons of thunder. I packed a healthy picnic instead of relying on my will power to avoid the concession stand. I was offered wine by two moms also watching the game. I said, "Man shall not live by booze alone. Get thee behind me Satan." And they vanished. None of that is true, except the being offered wine part. We're not in Texas anymore toto. Apparently the moms get their drank on at Little League events in Massachusetts.

Productivity: Followed my schedule mostly.

Personal Development: I did not get my American History Reading or my fiction reading done today. I kind of got lost reading on a site called homeschoolers anonymous. Back on track today. No laptop after 7 pm.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Body/Physical: I was offered wine by two moms also watching the game. I said, "Man shall not live by booze alone. Get thee behind me Satan." And they vanished. None of that is true, except the being offered wine part. We're not in Texas anymore toto. Apparently the moms get their drank on at Little League events in Massachusetts.
This is messing with my stereotypes...
Old 09-04-2015, 08:15 AM

Default September 3, 2015

Body/Physical:Long walk with Cali Bear through the neighborhood. She got to bark at a gigantic woodchuck and some out of control squirrels. Ran bootcamp in the evening.

DietWas on point until after bootcamp. Overdid the carbs. Fasting today though.

Productivity:Wasted too much time online

Personal Development: Read Chapter 1 of the Best Yes. Evaluating the things I say yes to. Right now I can't get the image of 3 year old Aylan Kurdi's lifeless body on the Turkish shoreline out of my mind. There are really meaningful things we can say yes to. I'm reminded of my original intentions when I got these certifications. My yeses have to be reserved for important things. I love that Turbulence Training allows people to get healthy in the shortest amount of time possible so we can do important things. I'm just not interested in helping overweight/rich Americans look good in a bikini. Not ever going to be my yes.I am interested in helping real people have better lives so they can help others have better lives. Still pondering what exactly my Best yes is.

Read a Chapter of Rashi's Daughters. The book is set in Medieval France and focuses on a Jewish scholar who is bucking tradition and teaching his daughters the Talmud. I'm drawn to the strong sense of family and tribe within the Jewish culture. It was something lacking in my family. A story of girls doing things reserved for boys is pretty fun too.

I did not read my American History.

Last edited by LeslieM : 09-04-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-07-2015, 09:14 AM

Lot's of reading and relaxing weekend. I went on a lot of walks with my sweet puppy girl. Today I'll start the TT Total Body Blast. Monday is supposed to be a fast day. We have a neighborhood bbq. I'll just eat that one midday meal and call it a day.

Weight is heading back down. Hard earned definition is peaking through again.

I'll post a better update tomorrow.