TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2015, 10:07 AM

Default 9/15

Diet: Forgot my veggies for lunch. Went to grocery store famished and got an apple, a protein bar and a protein smoothie... didn't look at the contents of the smoothie. HORRIFIED at the amount of sugar. UGH. Grilled cheese & tomato soup for dinner for the family as I just ran out of day. Think I've developed a tomato intolerance; had about 1/2 cup and I got bloated, felt terrible INSTANTLY.

Workout: Did it this morning. I did not plan yesterday to fit it in. Took girls on walk in afternoon when I got home.
Goblet Squat (8)
DB Row (8/side)
DB Incline Chest Press (12)
As many rounds as possible in 10 minutes - rest when needed but keep perfect form

Will do some bike and water time today midday.

Family: Kept it focused. Did not explode about a messy house. Did not let my drained feeling at end of day impact relationships. Wife is not feeling good again, hoping its not another hemorrage coming... so it's just that much tougher to be dad and mom.

Personal: Planned on personal time in middle of day, didn't give it to myself. Today is a big side-hustle day when I get home. Taking it slow getting in today to work as weekend is all YMCA; three huge events back-to-back-to-back.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Administrator

You are doing great, and on days like this if you can stick to portion control on bad nutrition days, then you'll be on track!

Thanks for being Mr. Mom!
Old 09-22-2015, 01:43 PM

Default 9/22

This is a summation of last few days. Quite frankly, having back-to-back-to-back weekends of family death, funeral, travel and then this past one of Friday & Saturday all-day weekend Y activities took its toll. I crashed Sunday & Monday. I have a hip bursitis or pointer or SOMETHING that flairs up with weather changes + stress and it dropped me.

Still a little gimp in my step but I'm fancy and free today!

Diet:
Really doing alright. Went to Mama Mann's last night, had my 1/2 cup of ice cream. She's always got something there, like any good grandma! Otherwise, not mindful eating the last few days. It wasn't bad, but wasn't win-a-contest either. Fasting every morning this week + veggies/protein/good fats at every lunch + small meals in evenings will get me back on track.

Workout:
Had one of my BEST workout days ever on Wednesday last week. Then, the hip problem flaired up slowly so was stuck to walking/swimming. Now that it's gone, back at good ol' TT!!!

Family:
I was worthless this weekend. I got cranky a few times with the hip issue. Apologized. Helped around the house as much as I could from my "office chair as wheelchair" set up. Had a good morning with wife & kids before heading out.

Personal:
Slugged it out the last few days due to job and health. Today, back to good practices. Back to working on hustles. Finishing out "Do Over" by Jon Acuff this week, then starting "The Martian" which was handed to me by one of my wife and I's mentors on Sunday at church because he knew I'd like it. Cool gift. ALWAYS drawn to men & couples in their 60s & 70s who've hammered through life's problems, raised kids, set an example of devotion, sacrifice and integrity.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:11 PM
Administrator

You are doing great considering all of these obstacles. Stay strong!
Old 09-23-2015, 12:43 PM

Default 9/22

Workout:
Metabolic Sweet 16 ...I loved the simplicity of this workout. I literally only had 16 minutes yesterday and I when I was looking for a workout plan to do this week while letting the hip recoup, this was Divine Providence from Mike Whitfield ha!

Day 1 – Workout A
Do the following circuit as many times as possible in 10 minutes, resting only
when needed. When the 10 minutes are up, rest 1 minute and move into the
superset.
1A) Narrow Stance Squat or Narrow Stance Goblet Squat (8)
1B) DB Row (8/side)
1C) KB or DB Swings (15)

When I got to the finisher, my hip had started to not hurt, but not be okay. Stopped, went to the pool and treaded water pretty intense for 5 minutes. I've got some "intervals" I've learned about in the pool, good stuff, that doesn't hurt the joints and isn't swimming.

Diet:
Stuck right to this. Dinner was Ezekiel Bread PB & a shot of honey, with some black bean chips that I won't ever get again.. blah. Too much saltiness and not near enough chili flavor. Had some mangos & milk at night. This has been so satisfying and filling the need.

Family:
I feel I've done good lately being considerate of my wife. She's also been doing great at saying "I am feeling this, do this." It's taken 11 years but we've got it ha! Today is our middle daughter's 5th birthday, so root beer floats & a movie night per her request. Dad will have a kiddie's size cup tonight, 1/4 cup ice cream and some either ginger root beer or something, I'll see what I can find

Personal:
Rest. Got inspired at a community service/missions training we went to. Watch a little Frasier while I did the dishes. Didn't get to hustles again. There just wasn't schedule for it. I was maxed out hours wise, no wasting... so just satisfied having so many fun, exciting things to do that I love.

Last edited by BrothaMannP11911 : 09-23-2015 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Happy birthday to the little one!
Old 09-24-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrothaMannP11911 View Post
Workout:
Metabolic Sweet 16 ...I loved the simplicity of this workout. I literally only had 16 minutes yesterday and I when I was looking for a workout plan to do this week while letting the hip recoup, this was Divine Providence from Mike Whitfield ha!

Day 1 Workout A
Do the following circuit as many times as possible in 10 minutes, resting only
when needed. When the 10 minutes are up, rest 1 minute and move into the
superset.
1A) Narrow Stance Squat or Narrow Stance Goblet Squat (8)
1B) DB Row (8/side)
1C) KB or DB Swings (15)

When I got to the finisher, my hip had started to not hurt, but not be okay. Stopped, went to the pool and treaded water pretty intense for 5 minutes. I've got some "intervals" I've learned about in the pool, good stuff, that doesn't hurt the joints and isn't swimming.

Diet:
Stuck right to this. Dinner was Ezekiel Bread PB & a shot of honey, with some black bean chips that I won't ever get again.. blah. Too much saltiness and not near enough chili flavor. Had some mangos & milk at night. This has been so satisfying and filling the need.

Family:
I feel I've done good lately being considerate of my wife. She's also been doing great at saying "I am feeling this, do this." It's taken 11 years but we've got it ha! Today is our middle daughter's 5th birthday, so root beer floats & a movie night per her request. Dad will have a kiddie's size cup tonight, 1/4 cup ice cream and some either ginger root beer or something, I'll see what I can find

Personal:
Rest. Got inspired at a community service/missions training we went to. Watch a little Frasier while I did the dishes. Didn't get to hustles again. There just wasn't schedule for it. I was maxed out hours wise, no wasting... so just satisfied having so many fun, exciting things to do that I love.
We had a pool in Texas. One of my favorite low inmpact intervals was just holding onto a kick-board and doing laps.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-25-2015, 11:45 PM

I love water exercise! I've been in the pool a lot since my ankle surgery and used to teach deep-water aerobics, which is great exercise. Keep at that when your hip hurts; I've found it does wonders for your outlook when your body is not cooperating
Old 09-26-2015, 03:05 PM

Default 9.26

Workout:
Yesterday, 30-40 mins of low-impact cardio stuff; some treadmill walking and then some pool time. Also took the girls on a walk last night.
Today, Metabolic Sweet 16 workout C
12 minutes.. as many times as possible... used 25lb DBs and went through it 3.5 times.
1A) DB Squat and Press (12)
1B) Stability Ball Plank or Plank (30 seconds)
1C) 2-Arm DB Row (15)
Finisher
3 minutes as many times as you can... GOT IT DONE.
2A) Burpees (3)
2B) Bodyweight Triple Stop Squat (3)
2C) Offset Pushup (3/side)

Diet:
Mindful eating. Have had a HUGE breakthrough last 2 nights; stopped eating at 8/8:30pm. Not eating until 12/1 the next day. This makes the 16 hour fast SOOO MUCH EASIER and NAILED IT both days with great ease. No waffling. Or waffles.

Family:
Took girls on a picnic dinner & walk last night to a park so Kandice could get some school prep and relaxation in. They were mad; no playground. I'll make it up to them someday

Personal:
I am a highly productive night owl. I get the ETR though, you guys, I do. I'd like to experiment with the switch, but phew, we've got such a family and life routine that it works... I'm considering it, maybe when I read that new Perfect Day book I keep hearing buzz about
Old 09-28-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrothaMannP11911 View Post
Workout:
Yesterday, 30-40 mins of low-impact cardio stuff; some treadmill walking and then some pool time. Also took the girls on a walk last night.
Today, Metabolic Sweet 16 workout C
12 minutes.. as many times as possible... used 25lb DBs and went through it 3.5 times.
1A) DB Squat and Press (12)
1B) Stability Ball Plank or Plank (30 seconds)
1C) 2-Arm DB Row (15)
Finisher
3 minutes as many times as you can... GOT IT DONE.
2A) Burpees (3)
2B) Bodyweight Triple Stop Squat (3)
2C) Offset Pushup (3/side)

Diet:
Mindful eating. Have had a HUGE breakthrough last 2 nights; stopped eating at 8/8:30pm. Not eating until 12/1 the next day. This makes the 16 hour fast SOOO MUCH EASIER and NAILED IT both days with great ease. No waffling. Or waffles.

Family:
Took girls on a picnic dinner & walk last night to a park so Kandice could get some school prep and relaxation in. They were mad; no playground. I'll make it up to them someday

Personal:
I am a highly productive night owl. I get the ETR though, you guys, I do. I'd like to experiment with the switch, but phew, we've got such a family and life routine that it works... I'm considering it, maybe when I read that new Perfect Day book I keep hearing buzz about
I can't wait for Craig's book myself. You know, I believe that Joel Marion is a night-working owl, too. Whatever works for you!

If you were to ask me 10 years ago if I would be getting up at 4 every day, I would have laughed at you and said "never". I tried working at night and I'm about 1/3rd as productive. So the morning is best for me. I also get a "second wind" in the early afternoon.