TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2015, 03:13 AM

Whew, tough times, Matt. Hang in there. I'm very sorry for your loss.
Old 09-09-2015, 10:07 AM

Oh my gosh Matt. I am so sorry. Both my mom and her mom were addicted to pain killers. I will be praying for all of you. Leslie
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-09-2015, 11:36 AM

Blessing to you and your family Matt. Concetta
Old 09-10-2015, 11:56 AM

Default 9/9

Workout
Yesterday was a "stay active" day so 20 minutes on bike plus some yardwork.

Today is Thermogenic 30 Workout A.

Diet
No breakfast. Skipping this meal is so easy for me. Ate some chicken mid-afternoon. Dinner was Salisbury steak with some green beans. The wife found the energy and will to do it, so let her cook. She's still not herself, obviously, after losing grandma. Ate a raisin/PB/coconut oil/banana bowl before bed.

Today is all-day fasting awesomeness.

Family
I snapped last night. I was angry, worn out, kids had remade messes we had just cleaned up, etc. I made sure to hug, kiss and make up with everyone at end. It's just a freaking stress-inducing time right now.

Personal
Got out of some good habits, like devotions, meditations, writing ideas, BEING CREATIVE, etc. this week. The devotion I opened today, wow, hit me square in the eyes... written by an old YMCA chaplain, Oswald Chambers... essentially, if you don't do the work in the "secret place" with your faith, you'll never be ready for the battles to come.

"Divine providence" for this message, huh? We are facing big battles with the pregnancy and death of grandma. Poor prep on my part has made me anxious, worn out, etc. need to get back at the habits!
Old 09-11-2015, 01:47 AM

Default 9/10

Workout
Didn't get to Thermogenic 30 A today. Had a 15-minute window so grabbed some ridiculous 45/15, 3 round workout off my desk. I had about 15 printed-off, ready-to-go workouts in case I need to grab something quick. KICKED MY BUTT.

Diet
All-day fast until 4pm from 10 the night before. EASY. Drank some coffee and water. Dave Ramsey says to "Live like no one else so someday, you can live like no one else." POWERFUL.

Today I came to a self-realization: "Eat like no one else so you can eat like no one else." I KNEW we were scrounging to save money for funeral travel, so pancakes were dinner + some other leftovers. TOTALLY worth it. Brad Pilon's idea of picking the things you "have to have" and building a diet to support those... hoping it works for me.

Family
Good night w wife and kiddos. Worked hard on some marketing for my brother's massage business he's trying to get going; skipped my own hustles to support him. Trying to build a relationship that's never really existed. Hoping acts of service spur that on.

Personal
Kicking it at work, at side hustles, at enjoying family, friends, faith and even some video games and "Frasier" on Netflix in the background as I type this Really enjoying this time of life. Wanting to lose some $%@# weight. Hoping these rules and practices and habits I'm trying this time will work.... Drained, but blessed. Life well lived.
Old 09-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Matt, you are an incredible go-giver. You are a huge pillar of support for your family, your wife, and your brother. Proud of you. Stay strong.
Old 09-14-2015, 02:09 PM

Default Weekend & This Week

Overall... the weekend was a drain, of course. Funeral, travel, etc. I made smart choices when I could on the food. Baby NEVER slept it seemed so just drained.

Today, recovery day, doing the grocery shopping for the week for the fam, lots of veggies, fruits and BLAND to "detox" from the travel

Feeling good!
Old 09-15-2015, 09:36 AM
Administrator

well done, big turning point, proving that preparation wins every time.

Stay strong.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:03 AM

Saw that you were shopping at Aldi! I love and miss that place. We have one here, but it's not convenient at all. I especially miss the cheap avocados!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-16-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Saw that you were shopping at Aldi! I love and miss that place. We have one here, but it's not convenient at all. I especially miss the cheap avocados!
There is so much good stuff there. We save a ton on groceries. They've also made a push towards going more natural, more organic, more "better" across the board. We actually prefer many of their off-brand chips, buns, etc. because they are so much more healthy. The produce is usually meh, but get that at another store.