TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 24th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2015, 01:29 PM

Thanks Maureen!

Things are still going well over on this end. Diet has been substantially cleaned up, even from the last challenge. The odd Energy Drink here and there, but it's mostly been Water, Non-Alcoholic Beer and Sparkling Waters (Nestle has some really great flavors that are completely void of calories or artificial sweeteners).

I'm still having a problem waking up for workouts. That is my ultimate goal. I want to be able to give myself a good 90 minutes every morning to myself. This will include my meditations, working out, and anything else I need to help get me through my day.

I have such a tough time turning off at night... I took 20 mg of melatonin but that did absolutely nothing. Anyways, I keep trudging forth!
Old 09-15-2015, 09:01 AM

I have to turn off the electronics at least an hour before bedtime. Reading also helps. My problem is waking up in the middle of the night. I think I need to dial the caffeine back even more!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-22-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
I have to turn off the electronics at least an hour before bedtime. Reading also helps. My problem is waking up in the middle of the night. I think I need to dial the caffeine back even more!
My problem is ALSO waking up in the middle of the night. I'm a chronic eater at night. The problem is that I'm not always aware that I'm doing it. I caught myself on the toilet the other night eating Ice Cream. And it was EVERYWHERE! Oh boy.... I was so embarrassed. I need to put a padlock on the fridge I think.

So I've kind of been getting into the routine of working out at night instead of the morning. This seems to be the most effective way for me to ensure that I get my workouts in. Some people may be an 8:30 - 4:30 kind of schedule, but I think I'm more of an 11-7 kind of guy, which is fine by me! So rather than giving myself time in the morning, I've started taking the evenings to calm down!

That's all I have for now
Old 09-22-2015, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
My problem is ALSO waking up in the middle of the night. I'm a chronic eater at night. The problem is that I'm not always aware that I'm doing it. I caught myself on the toilet the other night eating Ice Cream. And it was EVERYWHERE! Oh boy.... I was so embarrassed. I need to put a padlock on the fridge I think.

So I've kind of been getting into the routine of working out at night instead of the morning. This seems to be the most effective way for me to ensure that I get my workouts in. Some people may be an 8:30 - 4:30 kind of schedule, but I think I'm more of an 11-7 kind of guy, which is fine by me! So rather than giving myself time in the morning, I've started taking the evenings to calm down!

That's all I have for now
This seriously cracked me up! I'm laughing with you though, not at you!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-24-2015, 10:56 AM

No worries! I'm laughing about it now

There was one time where my wife woke up the next morning and there was a pile of fried rice sitting in the middle of the kitchen floor. How it got there?

Anyways, things have been going awesome this week! Sleeping better and more soundly. I'm getting ready to change my TT workout, so am just going through to see what will best suit my needs. I'm still working at losing those last 15-20 pounds. I'm hoping for some serious definition. I want to lose fat without compromising too much muscle loss. I'm still feeling good and strong. I'm thinking of starting a creatine cycle. Anybody have any input? I've done creatine before, but haven't really noticed any changes.
Old 09-24-2015, 01:33 PM
Administrator

creatine is fine. It's nothing magical. It might help you get a few extra repetitions per set and gain a little extra muscle.

I use it all the time.

It also draws water into muscle cells, causing an initial weight gain of a couple of pounds.

That's it.