TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2010, 01:04 PM

Default Day 3 morning update

Okay, so I got in my off-day workout last night... that went well. Also ate the dinner I had planned, but with one modification- apple instead of a pear and I added it to my salad; and one addition- I had about 1/3 a glass of chocolate milk (I figured that was the best way to rid myself of the chocolate craving I was having!)

Got to bed at a fairly decent time last night, but didn't sleep worth anything I woke up probably 4-5 times in my 5 hours of sleep I got before I went to work, and I couldn't fall asleep once I got into work for a while, so all in all I estimate around 6 hours of sleep; would have been more if I hadn't woken up so much. Anyone else have sleep problems? I have meds, but I can't take them before I come into work :/

This morning I ate 3 pieces turkey bacon, 1 pear and finished off the 2/3 glass of chocolate milk I had with me (I packed my veggies but left them in the fridge, they didn't make it into my bag; grr! Hopefully that's my only oversight for the week.

I'm off to get lunch now- 3 oz lean turkey breast, spinach salad, another pear (I got a bunch for Christmas, so I'm trying to finish them before they go bad!! Glad I love pears and my grandparents get me fruit gift boxes instead of bad snacks!

Workout is planned for on the way home- TT Beginner workout B. I think I'm also going to add CB's 6 minute abs in; I have great ab strength because of my horseback riding- I actually could do more ab work than the personal trainer I worked with for a while!! I just have to get all the flab off

Dinner is going to be a repeat of last night minus the choc milk... it was soo good! It's close to what I had in my meal plan anyway.

Boyfriend's coming into town for new year's eve (he lives 2 hours away) but we don't have any concrete plans. I'm trying to convince him to stay in (Drunk drivers are everywhere on New Years Eve!) but we shall see.

The weekend will be busy for me; I'm relocating my horse to a new barn and have lots of housework to catch up on (washing machine broke! ugh!)... I'm due for my third workout of the week on Sunday (Wed/Fri/Sun is best schedule for me after looking at my long-term schedule) and then prep for working 3 back-to-back days next week.

Anyone got more exciting plans than me? lol
Old 12-31-2010, 02:09 PM

Wow, and I thought my schedule was crazy! You can do it! Best of luck with the new year and your transformation goals.

My dryer broke beginning of December and with 2 kids you'd have thought my laundry was breeding like rabbits! Amazing how fast that stuff adds up.

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 12-31-2010, 02:13 PM

So glad to see that you've joined the challenge. You will be such an inspiration with your success in getting TT into your schedule!
Old 12-31-2010, 03:45 PM

Hi again guys!

Thanks for the support and well wishes, it means a lot! My schedule is kind of crazy; I always say "when I'm done with ______ I will have so much more free time"; but I always somehow end up with another ______ to do. ha! I read a quote the other day, it was:

"A "no" uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a "yes" merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." -Gandhi

Unfortunately, I'm apparently bad at saying no, and when I say yes, I do actually follow through! I love what I do, but sometimes I get myself into some interesting timing predicaments. Ah well, such is life, for now. Maybe it will slow down one day? (okay, probably not).

My quote for today: "We have to go for what we think we're fully capable of, not limit ourselves by what we've been in the past". -Vivek Paul

This is probably going to become one of my pillars for this TT contest. I'm so stoked

So, back to today- didn't end up getting lunch until about 30 minutes ago, as we had a run right as I was prepping to eat. Luckily I didn't get too hungry, and I had packed some raisins (sun dried, all natrual no preservatives, nothing added) to hold me over.

Ate my scheduled lunch I think I am starting to get used to the difference in portion sizes; Yesterday (day 3 of my diet change but day 2 of my TTTC) I found myself rather hungry between meals, but I managed to hold off and eat some celery and some almond butter. Today I'm not having so much cravings nor am I having any kind of upset stomach; I guess I did just kind of go all out with my diet, but for me I think that's the only way to get the job done.

Looking forward to my evening workout and I'm hoping that nobody gets started too early with their New Year's celebrations so that I can get off work on time and not have to run any horrendous accidents this year.

Keep up the good work guys, stay strong
Old 12-31-2010, 08:59 PM

Default Grrr

I hate calls 10 minutes before we are supposed to get off that winds us up being over 2 hrs late getting off ;/

So, eating a slice of chicken breast on the way home. Debating about workout on way home vs eating first, but don't want to be out too late with the New Years traffic.

I guess I will let you guys know sometime this weekend how it all panned out
Old 12-31-2010, 11:54 PM

Hi there! Great journal you have started. I really admire you for doing TT and changing your diet with your horrendous schedule. I am a shiftworker as well (RN) but I think with a schedule not nearly as bad as your though. Boy do I know that brain dead feeling when getting myself off a night shift routine! If you need someone to prod you on a tired day to go workout and need a kick in the pants just let me sympathize LOL!

And man, do I admire paramedics...have had the privelige of doing ambulance transfers of some of our maternity/surgery patients with them, and listening to their stories. Hubby attempted training a few years ago, but failed (not by much though ....what a TOUGH course!)

Hope you have a good weekend! Just thought I would pop in like the others and introduce myself!

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 01-01-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Hi there! Great journal you have started. I really admire you for doing TT and changing your diet with your horrendous schedule. I am a shiftworker as well (RN) but I think with a schedule not nearly as bad as your though. Boy do I know that brain dead feeling when getting myself off a night shift routine! If you need someone to prod you on a tired day to go workout and need a kick in the pants just let me sympathize LOL!

And man, do I admire paramedics...have had the privelige of doing ambulance transfers of some of our maternity/surgery patients with them, and listening to their stories. Hubby attempted training a few years ago, but failed (not by much though ....what a TOUGH course!)

Hope you have a good weekend! Just thought I would pop in like the others and introduce myself!
Thanks for introducing yourself, nice to "meet" ya! Thanks for the sympathy, it can be a rough rough road; It could be a lot easier (if I lived closer to work, etc) but that's part of why ultimately I want to get into nursing; it's a much better schedule IMO.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:01 PM

Default Day 3 Evening Update

Okay, so as I said, got off work 2 hours late, which put me home a lot later than I had planned.

Originally, I had planned to go to the gym on my way home but I felt awful making my boyfriend wait any longer... he did make the 2 hr drive down to see me, and it was a holiday; so I skipped the gym and went home. I feel really bad about this, and wish I could make up this workout, but I' due to workout again tomorrow on my schedule and I don't want to overexert myself. Ah well.

So, good for me they say that diet > exercise... soo...

got home, my boyfriend had made some instant chicken and pasta meal; which I tasted but then offered the rest of my portion to him; so I ate a few pieces of that chicken (maybe about 1 oz toal) then made my splendid salad Only added 2 oz turkey to it because of the chicken... also ate an apple.

We decided to go bowling with friends to celebrate new year's eve. ... what fun, and at least it wasn't just sitting around doing mindless eating/partying. I brought my water bottle, and I a glad to say I did not eat anything nor did I drink any of the copious amounts of alcohol that were offered to me... Hey, gotta have a DD right? Saved myself a LOT of calories that way.

So, then I took my drunk boyfriend and put him to bed (lol!)

So, overall, while I didn't get my workout in, I stayed in line with my diet despite some serious temptations.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:12 PM

Default Day 4 Update

Okay, so today is day 4 for me.

Slept in a bit (we didn't get to bed until after 2am); got up around 0915; had a busy day planned with relocating my horse to another farm (better riding facilities, better management for my horse). I ate breakfast (only 2 pieces of turkey bacon and a cup of mixed veggies.... I wasn't that hungry today, really) then we went on our way.

I took a horseback riding lesson (which is quite a workout for anyone that has never ridden a horse before; and for anyone who is horsey on here, I have a big warmblood mare I do dressage with, and she is a 3rd level/schooling 4th level horse, if that means anything to anyone in terms of what we do... if you're interested you can youtube it). Then loaded up all my stuff and my horse (who wasn't very thrilled to leave all her friends) and headed to the new farm; unloaded the horse and got her settled, unpacked my stuff (and I have a lot of stuff for my horse, so this was quite an effort in itself). Still wasn't really hungry. Dropped off the horse trailer, and my boyfriend and mom (who went out to help me, as she used to have a horse and loves to pamper her "grandhorse" lol) were hungry. We stopped at Quizno's. ... that was the healthiest choice I could talk them into...

so for lunch, I had a large salad with tomato, onion, cucumber; a little cheese (I took a TON of it off), some grilled chicken and some bacon bits. They have this amazing raspberry viniagrette dressing (but I'm sure it's not worth the sugar that's in it); I only used half of the dressing they give you; so all in all it was probably 2.5 to 3 tbsp dressing. It was good, I couldn't finish the whole sald .... feel like my appetite has gotten a lot less in the past few days!!

Since then my boyfriend and I have enjoyed some quality time together; now I've got laundry going and we have to run to the store.

All in all, a pretty good day. That wasn't really what I planed for lunch but I think I made the best choice available to me; plus I did a good amt of physical activity.

Plan: workout tomorrow (TT beginner A) , probably riding my horse if she's settled in too... got a 4 hr shift at the ER tomorrow evening, and some odds and ends to get done too. Got my diet written down and going to get some more fresh fruit at the store

Well, gotta run now... the activity never ends for me!!
Old 01-01-2011, 10:47 PM

Default Realization and also unrelated Excitement

Okay, one more quick update for the night.

First; I totally missed my mark with fruit today. I didn't eat any yet! I was so busy I just didnt realize it. I took apples and almonds with me in case I got hungry while moving my horse, but I never did get hungry. I feel like a lot of times I will have a hard time meeting my calorific goals, nutritional goals, etc because a lot of times my appetite doesn't support eating that much; like today, my fitday estimates I've only had a little over 700 calories; and I'm not hungry at all.... I know I need to eat so my body doesn't go into "Starvation mode" but at the same time, shouldn't I listen to my body and not eat when I'm not hungry?

Okay, the excitement: Went to Kroger with the boyfriend, he bought his normal stuff to take to work (most of which I wouldn't dream of eating even in the past- he's very physically fit but his diet leaves a lot to be desired, lol); I got some organic kiwi (on sale!!! never have I seen 2/$1 organic kiwi, yum!) and I bought a mango to try; never had one before. I am trying to follow CB's advice to try a new fruit or veggie every week, so mango is the pick of the week. I will let ya know what I think

Off to finish the laundry and also to watch a movie with my boyfriend, who has to work tomorrow (Sucker!)... I get to enjoy one more day off before returning to work Mon-Wed.

Till tomorrow!