TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2011, 01:07 PM

Congrats on your first week's results Jami. With the body recomposition you'll get from TT you'll look amazing at the end of 12 weeks! The cauliflower sounds yummy. I've got to put curry on my shopping list.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Great first week! You're targetting all the problem areas and finding solutions. If you stick with your plan you'll have an amazing transformation

Good luck combatting the snow!
Old 01-02-2011, 01:34 PM

You are truly off to a great start. Keep it up - having clear goals in place as you have along with the plan for how to achieve them is such an important accomplishment. I'm excited to see your continued progress through the next 11 weeks!

Old 01-02-2011, 05:50 PM

I just read through your thread.. really great. I know what you mean about having more energy for your kids. It's so important isn't it. I know for myself as I've put more focus on health and fitness my energy has increased and has made the time with my kids alot more fun. All the best!
Old 01-03-2011, 11:32 AM

Jami, how awesome are you?! Way to go! That's awesome that you were able to totally stick to your goals like that I'm sure you'll enjoy that food scale. That's a good idea, btw, a non-food reward for sticking to your goals!

Looking forward to reading about your week 2... keep it up! Hopefully you'll get out of the snow and into a grocery store before your kids eat you out of remaining house and home lol.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:03 PM

Day 9

So far this week, not much is going as planned. Good thing I am not going for perfect! I got up plenty early for my workout but nothing else went as planned. Husband needed some help then my son woke up early in a bad mood. I was able to get the workout finished but it had an hour break in between sets. Not quite the 1 minute as listed. I'm hoping to get the interval training in later, since my niece and nephew also showed up early today. Sigh.

I've got 2 cords of firewood coming today so I think getting that all stacked will add up too, but with 4 little helpers, it will be a lesson in patience.

Diet is harder too now that husband is home. It was easy to make out one serving and know you were getting the right amount, versus having to make two. But the food scale I ordered will help out with that. Plus it's just a bit of adjustment for all of us (me, husband and kids) on finding out how to make the food changes around the house. ! I don't just want this to be a 12 week diet. I want this to be a process of finding a new way to eat from now on. Granted it will probably be more flexible in the future when I get to a level I want to maintain, but as I said, an adjustment period is needed. Fish tacos went better than I was hoping for last night and I know everyone loves lettuce wraps, so will get that prepped this morning.

Otherwise, feeling pretty good. A little stressed this week, but can deal with it. Don't seem as hungry so far this week, maybe starting to adjust a bit to the lower calories. Mostly working on focusing on what I've got accomplished, and not worrying about what didn't get done. I'm getting all my workouts in, still following my diet, the rest will come!

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. It really does help and I enjoy reading them. Hope everyone else is having a good week and a great start on their transformations!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 01-07-2011, 03:42 PM

Day 12 Almost made two weeks!

Pretty excited that things are still going pretty good! My workouts are getting done, but I wouldn't say at any specific time. I've mostly just determined the day they are going to happen, then do them the first chance I get that day. My son has been waking up earlier for some reason this week and interrupting my morning workouts. So I've been finishing them later in the day and sometimes having to do the interval portion the next day. But I'm getting them all done!

I'm a bit concerned that I may not be eating enough calories. I'm starting to feel pretty tired and having a harder time finishing the intervals. I'm going to finish out this week as planned, then up my calories from 1500-1600 to 1800-1900 average for week three and see how that goes. I can always change it again if needed! I have 5 more pounds to lose to reach my goal, then another 5 pounds to get to my ideal weight. Then I can work on improving my strength.

My food scale showed up and I love it! I'm finding myself getting a little obsessive about calorie count, but I can deal with it for now. I'm getting my vegetables figured out better and don't worry too much as being off by a cup of spinach doesn't really affect your calories much...so just worrying about the high cal stuff. Found the http://recipenutrition.com/ to help get the calorie content of some of my favorite recipes. Very handy since I love to cook. Reward this week take my daughter to the movie Tangled. Almost there!

Hope everyone else is having a good week!

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it --Margaret Thatcher

The link to my FitDay Journal: http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...Owner=howell27
Old 01-08-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell27 View Post
My son has been waking up earlier for some reason this week and interrupting my morning workouts. So I've been finishing them later in the day and sometimes having to do the interval portion the next day. But I'm getting them all done!
The "getting them done" is what matters most. It is nice when you can get it all done in one day, but life just gets in the way sometimes, particularly when you have children!

Old 01-09-2011, 02:15 AM

Hi Jami, just dropping by to say "hi". You're off to a great start and the awareness of the points you need to work on will surely lead you to success and achievement of your goals. Best of luck to you...