TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2011, 05:52 AM

Well, I survived week 2 of 2k6 - finished workout B plus the interval training. I'm looking forward to starting my cheat day tomorrow with a nice trip to the bakery and then playing some badminton Halfway point of the first month and I hope I keep making progress. I can feel that my abs are nice and tight underneath that layer of belly fat.

Dinner was just a protein drink - not feeling too hungry tonight. It's about 31 degrees C (88 degrees F) right now so I feel more thirsty than hungry.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 01-07-2011, 06:04 AM

I'm also having cheat day tomorrow Nieces birthday party and cake. Yum, yum!
But I'll start the day (hopefully) with Crazy 8 BW circuit and scrambled eggs for breakfast. After that I'll enjoy the party

Warm weather! Lucky you! Here it was -10 degrees last two weeks, but we have some warmer weather coming: tomorrow we should we have +12 degrees. Some winter we have. One week 10 degrees below zero and next week 10 degrees above zero.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 PM

I felt little sick after my cheat day yesterday. Ferriss says that you need to drink extra water because of the carbs and I don't think I drank enough. I don't really feel like eating so I'm going to focus on drinking enough water today and maybe do workout A this evening or tomorrow morning depending on how I feel.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

"I am like the turtle who just keeps moving forward without stress or strain while I whistle a happy song" - Joe Weaver
Old 01-09-2011, 12:26 AM

Feeling a little better now after some lunch - stir fried fish fillets with ginger and vegetables as well as some duck with jellyfish. Yes, we went out to a local Chinese restaurant.

Question for you all who do cheat days: what kind of food do you eat on cheat days? As expected, weight went up by a kilo this morning I'm expecting it to drop during the week to below my Saturday morning weigh in by next week and what seems to have worked for me during the last week was a large-ish breakfast, a salad for lunch with cold cuts and a very light dinner. That's the nutritional direction for this week.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

Old 01-09-2011, 02:59 AM

You're off to a great start Gerry with those terrific workouts and nutrition. 6-pack in 12 weeks?...definitely if you keep this up!

Find me on Facebook
Old 01-09-2011, 04:52 AM

I'm planning my cheat days on days when we are visiting my parents or my boyfriends parents. If we won't go anywhere, we'll go out for a pizza and desert. Yesterday I ate almost everything my sister prepared: veggie soup, potatoes, pork roast, squid (one was breaded and fried, other was in garlic, wine, tomato sauce), breaded and baked (instead of fried) pork meat, lettuce salad, cakes, wine, ... Not big portions, but little of everything.
I didn't weigh myself this morning, but I'm interested what the scale will show tommorow morning. Hope not to much gain.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarwani View Post
You're off to a great start Gerry with those terrific workouts and nutrition. 6-pack in 12 weeks?...definitely if you keep this up!
Hi Waleed, thanks for the encouragement. I'm hoping to see a little definition in the abs after 12 weeks but realistically, I'll be happy with a flat stomach and a better shaped physique. I've found that I'm often too eager for immediate results so I will put in the work and see what comes out of it. So far so good

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

Old 01-09-2011, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjanaTT View Post
I'm planning my cheat days on days when we are visiting my parents or my boyfriends parents. If we won't go anywhere, we'll go out for a pizza and desert. Yesterday I ate almost everything my sister prepared: veggie soup, potatoes, pork roast, squid (one was breaded and fried, other was in garlic, wine, tomato sauce), breaded and baked (instead of fried) pork meat, lettuce salad, cakes, wine, ... Not big portions, but little of everything.
I didn't weigh myself this morning, but I'm interested what the scale will show tommorow morning. Hope not to much gain.
I think you've got it right there. All sounds nice and hearty without being sickening.

This article is quite interesting : http://www.leangains.com/2010/11/che...-hedonist.html

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

Old 01-09-2011, 02:40 PM

Here I am about to start week 3 of 2k6 with workout A.

One interesting tidbit of information that others may find useful is my weight change before and after the cheat day. Yesterday was the day after the cheat day so it was meant to be a slow carb day again. Last night before bed, I went a little crazy and just kept eating handful after handful of these dry roast peanuts my mother had sent me from Malaysia. You can't get roast peanuts like these here in Melbourne. I probably ate 150 or 160 grams in a few minutes. That would be about 900 calories according to http://caloriecount.about.com/calori...roasted-i16390.
You can imagine I was *very* interested to see what my weight would be this morning ...

All measurements were taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach after drinking water and then going to the toilet.

Saturday 8 January: 82.9kg (start of my cheat day)
Sunday 9 January: (9:30am) 85.1kg, (11:30pm just before bed) 84.6kg
Monday 10 January: 83.2kg

I have no reason to believe it will not continue the downward trend until the next cheat day. I have also noticed that my weight usually drops by 0.5 - 1 kg overnight - a little more on the day after a cheat day.

I've decided to not fight the urge to weigh myself these days but rather, to accept that my weight will fluctuate during the day and observe how my body behaves. As long as the net result over the week is a loss in fat, gain in muscle or a drop in my waist measurement, I don't care.

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal

Old 01-10-2011, 03:45 PM

Week three of 2k6 has begun and Workout A is done. The amount of weight I've been using has increased but I do not feel comfortable at all with the db chest press. Pressing the weight is fine (I'm using two 45lb dumbells - not too heavy, I know, compared to a lot of you). Getting into position is the challenge - I feel like I'm going to go off balance and I really wish I had a spotter for this one. This is to be expected for training at home. Anyway, I replaced them with lots of pushups for this workout.

Weight this morning - 82.4kg. I have now officially lost more than 10kg since Nov 6 (92.6kg nine weeks and three days ago). The next DEXA scan is on Feb 2 so it will be interesting to see the bodyfat measurement (it was 26.2% on Dec 8).

My TC10 Thread
My Workout Journal