TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 10th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2010, 06:26 PM

Great goals Tina, I know you will stay consistent and on track. Your side picture sure shows your lovely posture.....Good luck and like Andy I will be cheering you on...

Cheers
Ma
Old 12-30-2010, 08:25 AM

Default TT intermediate workout B

Usual prescribed warmup then...

DB squat warmup set 10lb Db's x8, 15lb Db's x8, then 3 sets 20lb db's x8
stability ball rollout 3 sets 8

DB reverse lunge 15lb DB's x8 3 sets (legs sore today!!!)
side plank 3 sets held for 30 sec instead of 20

DB row 25lb 3x8
Back extension on ball 3 sets 10

Intervals...5 min jogging in place, jumping jacks, side to side jumps.
30s on 30s off speed rope jumping...did 10 rounds.
5 min light jogs in place

Stretching and foam rolling the legs/butt, now off to work. Ciao!

Tina

"Dream the impossible, do the incredible."

"Beware the lollipop of mediocracy...one lick and you will suck forever!!!"
Old 12-31-2010, 11:23 PM

Happy New year Everyone!!

I am off to bed soon....getting enough sleep is always a challenge for me. Just finished 3 12hr shifts today (0745-1945). Yesterday and the day before felt pretty sore in the legs, butt, and triceps/pecs from my workout), and was very headachy and tired after work yesterday, and this morning. I caved today at work and had a double double coffee from Tim Hortons (all you Canadians would know what this place is LOL!)....made my headache go away, but I have managed to go 4 days prior with no caffiene. Coming off of night shifts last week....this is huge for me. My problem is I can't stand black coffee, or the taste of artificial sweetners in hot things, so I really load up my coffee sometimes! I was wondering if it was the 4 days of eliminating grains and following the Advanced Abs diet guidelines (my weight loss program 2 yrs ago did simular for the first 6 weeks, and the first several days I was nauseated and felt horrible/headache), but I also wonder if it is caffene withdrawal) I usually only have 2 c a day though.

I am not as sore as I remember almost 2 yrs ago doing this workout...as I recall I had a hard time getting off a chair my legs hurt so bad! I am so much better today and not sore at all by tonight, but I still will keep the same weights for the repeat of workout A tomorrow.

My victory this week...staying away from standing up-impulse eating, especially at work with all the food there. I was pretty proud to be able to look at those donuts and tell myself that I won't eat them...they won't help me reach my goals. I have some days at work we literally eat "on the fly" as we are so busy and sometimes that means whatever is on the table, but I was able to deal with it.

Reward/treat tomorrow night (I am not staying up when Dh comes home at midnight from work! We are celebrating the 1st after the kids are in bed.)....a glass of white wine, some baked Brie and a (whole wheat at least) baguette, and SMALL piece of the candy cane cheesecake we never ate at Christmas).

Off to bed. Workout bright and early tomorrow!

Tina

Old 01-01-2011, 10:47 AM

Default TT intermediate workout A

warmup of prisoner squats, pushups, stability ball leg curls

DB split squat 8 reps 10lb DB's 8 reps 15lb DB's, and 3x8 of 20lb db's
DB incline press 8 reps 10lb DB's, 8 reps 15lb DB's, and 3x8 of 20lb DB's

Stability ball leg curls 3x15
kneeling pushups 3x15...last reps of last set hard after having incline presses this workout!

Stability ball jacknife 3x10
rear delt raise 7.5lb DB's 3x10

Didn't increase my weights at all, as don't want to push too hard this first 4 weeks, and although I wasn't sore starting, I could sure feel my quads in the "real" sets of the split squats

intervals (from the older DB-BW fusion workout)

4 rounds of:

12 Y squats
6 diagonal lunges per leg
6 offset kneeling pushups per side
8 spiderman climbs per side
60 jumping jacks

Whew! Tired but in a good way...great feeling to lay on my mat after and recuperate and feel like I got a great workout in. Off to shower, got one kiddo up already....gotta make breakfast!

Tina

Old 01-04-2011, 12:43 AM

Red face when best laid plans go awry...

Had a busy day today, was going to work out and get to a Mon Wed Fri schedule, but decided the ol legs needed 2 consecutive days of rest. Will work out tomorrow.

Went grocery shopping this morning, and started to spend the afternoon food prepping. I also had to clean up my exercise mat and area today...we put baseboards in the kids rooms that we just finished painting, and dh took it upon himself to put the miter saw on my mat, and cut there. Lots of sawdust to vacuum and washed the mat, my bench, ball, etc

Had all intentions of cleaning that, setting up my weights, and getting to bed early. My 7 yr old son then fell off a stool while helping me put my groceries away. He landed HARD on his butt and gave himself quite a jolt. Didn't hit his head though. Over the next 2 hours he started complaining of a headache, got really pale, and nauseated. Have never seen him like that, so took him to emerg. He started getting really really drowsy, and puked all over me too (Ugh). I thought maybe he concussed himself somehow. After a few hours there he improved. The doc thinks he maybe had a migraine.

So here I am at 11:30 pm, and just finished washing my mat (and the pukey clothing!) and setting my weights up for tomorrow. I am hoping to finish my veg prep before I go to bed. I haven't had the supper or snacks I planned on my menu but, hey, I avoided just eating everything in sight...like jam right out of the jar for instance. Gotta go make a shake!

I AM trying to avoid caffeine, but am sure I will need a cup tomorrow just to have oomph to work out, as I need to go to bed early for work so I must work out in the morning. Gotta have energy for the new weighted jump rope I bought! We'll see how it goes

Last edited by crazycanuck : 01-04-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:02 AM

Oh no I hope he's ok now! He fell helping you with groceries eh? I bet it was his male subconscious trying to get out of doing domestic chores

I think you did really well on what must have been a stressful day! Enjoy your weighted jump rope
Old 01-04-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Oh no I hope he's ok now! He fell helping you with groceries eh? I bet it was his male subconscious trying to get out of doing domestic chores
Yep, he is OK. And yes, when we got home and I tucked him in, I did accuse him (jokingly) of that, LOL!

Tina

Old 01-04-2011, 09:42 AM

Default TT intermediate manual workout B

Disclainer...I did succumb to a strong cup of coffee and a banana prior to this workout. Didn't have cream in it, so that's a start Tried Stevia, tasted gross, added sugar, but not as much as usual!

usual warmup

DB squats 10lb DB's x8, 15lb DB's x8, 20lb DB's x8 3 sets
Stability ball rollout 4 reps, 6 reps, then 8 reps x 3 sets

DB reverse lunge 15lb DB's 3x8
side plank increased hold to 30sec instead of 20 3 sets

DB row 25lb DB 3x8
back extension on ball 10 reps x 3 sets

intervals: Bought a weighted jump rope yesterday instead of my unweighted one. Need to still shorten it up a tad like maybe another inch or two...tripped up a few times (the handles need to reach armpit level when you step on the middle of the rope and hold the ends up), but man a tiny 1 lb weight in each handle makes a big difference!

5 min warmup of jogging in place, light (18lb) kettlebell swings and snatches, side to side jumps

30sec jumping alternate with 30 sec light jog in place x 10 rounds. WHEW! Two thumbs UP!!!

Now am refueling with a glass of milk, some steel cut oatmeal with pecans/frozen blueberries, and a tsp of maple syrup and cinnamon, a grapefruit and yellow pepper slices (yes I am trying to eat veggies even for breakfast, per Isabel's Advanced Abs nutrition guidelines)

Was thinking I will start logging my nutrition daily too. I've been writing it on a small notepad (plans for the next 2-3 days) and keeping it in a kitchen drawer for quick reference and it helps.

I have been thinking as I go along here my nutritional strategies for this contest. I was going to try ESE like I did last time, and really I don't find fasting hard at all, BUT looking back I think I found it too hard not to overcompensate for fasting and then totally negated my calorie deficit. I am in that HARD last 5-10lb to lose category and am willing to try anything. Last contest I resisted stuff like the Precision Nutrition/John Berardi guidelines (got really annoyed reading through the cookbook at everything labelled post workout only!!), or Isabel's ideas, as it seemed "too much work" and a little too extreme as I was really burned out by menu planning/calorie counting in a previous weight loss program I was in before joining TT....!

I keep thinking toward something I read recently in an old blog post of Craig's...what are you willing to give up to acheive results? I think maybe I will give this eating strategy a go for the next 12 weeks...fruits and veggies at EVERY meal, avoiding wheat as much as possible, and only consuming grain type carbs like oats, brown rice, quinoa etc after working out. I think my diet was a little to heavy on grains albeit good ones and dairy last contest and maybe that backfired. We will see how that goes.

BTW, got on the scale this morning for a 2lb loss. I think it's mostly just water weight of course especially from all my Christmas indulging, but hey, I'll take it!

Tina

Last edited by crazycanuck : 01-04-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Now am refueling with a glass of milk, some steel cut oatmeal with pecans/frozen blueberries, and a tsp of maple syrup and cinnamon, a grapefruit and yellow pepper slices (yes I am trying to eat veggies even for breakfast, per Isabel's Advanced Abs nutrition guidelines)

Was thinking I will start logging my nutrition daily too. I've been writing it on a small notepad (plans for the next 2-3 days) and keeping it in a kitchen drawer for quick reference and it helps.

I have been thinking as I go along here my nutritional strategies for this contest. I was going to try ESE like I did last time, and really I don't find fasting hard at all, BUT looking back I think I found it too hard not to overcompensate for fasting and then totally negated my calorie deficit. I am in that HARD last 5-10lb to lose category and am willing to try anything. Last contest I resisted stuff like the Precision Nutrition/John Berardi guidelines (got really annoyed reading through the cookbook at everything labelled post workout only!!), or Isabel's ideas, as it seemed "too much work" and a little too extreme as I was really burned out by menu planning/calorie counting in a previous weight loss program I was in before joining TT....!

I keep thinking toward something I read recently in an old blog post of Craig's...what are you willing to give up to acheive results? I think maybe I will give this eating strategy a go for the next 12 weeks...fruits and veggies at EVERY meal, avoiding wheat as much as possible, and only consuming grain type carbs like oats, brown rice, quinoa etc after working out. I think my diet was a little to heavy on grains albeit good ones and dairy last contest and maybe that backfired. We will see how that goes.
I think your nutrition plan sounds good - just solid healthy eating rather than following someone else's regime. I don't eat dairy, but am going to really try to limit wheat this contest to see how it goes... I think I'm ok with it, but maybe I'll notice a change if I leave it out. We'll see!

Aswell as noting your food do you write how you feel after? It might help pinpoint the foods that work for you. I'm giving it a bash this contest too... it's just one big experiment!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weetamclan View Post
Aswell as noting your food do you write how you feel after? It might help pinpoint the foods that work for you. I'm giving it a bash this contest too... it's just one big experiment!
I've just started to think about this, too - was it a Craig post that I read the suggestion in? Most likely. Anyway, I've noticed that if I eat eggs plus whatever else for breakfast I can go and go and go without any hunger for hours on end. If I only eat some yogurt (Greek - so high in protein) and some fruits or veggies as I did this morning then I am hungry 2 hours later. If I can get back to 3 meals a day as I used to do in grad school when I was at the height of fitness, I think this will be the best for me. 6 meals a day just encourages a food obsession for me.

Originally Posted by crazycanuck

I like these nutritional discussions - like you, Tina, I'm at the end stage fat loss and I need to keep tweaking. I like your plan for eating - try to keep it simple. I do ESE and the plan for now is to do it 2X per week in this contest - I like to keep things simple, too, and all the craziness of the different pointers on nutrition "dos and don'ts" drives me up a wall!