TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 7th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseyscraps View Post
Ok, so I made it through the beginner workouts...and have started intermediate. I have officially lost 10 lbs (as of Fri) which means 308 lbs to 298 lbs

So, yesterday after I finished Intermediate WO B...I thought I was going to just collapse. I am working on getting the eating under control adn had a horrible day of it yesterday afternoon and last night. My ? for you is...what do you eat when you are tired and stressed? I tend to binge horribly during these times and the longer I try and hold out, not give in...the more I binge when I do give in. HELP please!
When I'm stressed I go for sugar in the forms of chocolate and pop. To combat this (which for me is a constant battle) is to get those tastes with out all of the crap. When I crave sweet, I have fruit, when I crave salty, I go for something like edamame (soy beans). Like I said though, I really do take this one day at a time. Try not to beat yourself up too much! Just being aware of what you are eating and why you are eating will help you develop healthier habits IMO. Good luck!
Impossible is just a BIG word thrown around by SMALL men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is NOT a fact, it's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration, it's a DARE. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is NOTHING.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:59 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy.twentysix View Post
When I'm stressed I go for sugar in the forms of chocolate and pop. To combat this (which for me is a constant battle) is to get those tastes with out all of the crap. When I crave sweet, I have fruit, when I crave salty, I go for something like edamame (soy beans). Like I said though, I really do take this one day at a time. Try not to beat yourself up too much! Just being aware of what you are eating and why you are eating will help you develop healthier habits IMO. Good luck!
Thanks for the ideas

Today I did my 2nd go around of Intermediate WO A...I feel like I have been run over by a HUGE Truck!! I did make all 3 sets of each...so I am pretty proud of myself for that! I can feel myself getting better at this, so that is a good thing.

I took (with Andrea's help) my 1 month measurements and have lost 8.5 inches total with the 10.5 lbs I am down.

Tonight is my "freebie" night and I am going to be at Jori's for a cooking party. I am excited and will try to keep an eye on what I eat...I will post how I do later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:10 AM

Well, I know I haven't been on in a few weeks and my steam on working out seems to be showing for it. I am on week 3 of intermediate and just feel burnt out.
So, my ? for you all is this...what do you tell yourself to keep going? I just want to eat bad and give up.

HELP please!??
Old 02-19-2010, 02:45 PM

Stacey,
You have to want a healthy body more than you want the taste of bad food. I love greasy fried food and chocolate. When I'm tempted, I force myself to answer the question of which do I want more, 10 minutes of satisfaction from a sweat or salty tasting food, or a healthy body for life. Often when you give in to the temptation, you feel sick afterwards and realize that it wasn't worth it. You have to train your body to realize this before you give in instead of after. Sometimes I'll give myself a little taste of something good, and that keeps me from binging, but that can be dangerous if you don't trust yourself. I also give myself one day where I can eat any kind of food I want without exceeding a reasonable calorie total. This gets it out of my system, and I am very strict the rest of the time. BTW, I feel way better on diet days than I do on cheat days. Those are some things that work for me, but they don't work for everyone, so you have to see what works for you to stop the cravings. I hope this helps a little. You look like you're doing pretty well. 10 lbs in 4 weeks is good progress. Keep it up. I check back later to see your progress.

Joel
Old 02-19-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseyscraps View Post
Well, I know I haven't been on in a few weeks and my steam on working out seems to be showing for it. I am on week 3 of intermediate and just feel burnt out.
So, my ? for you all is this...what do you tell yourself to keep going? I just want to eat bad and give up.

HELP please!??
I think about the body I want. I think about the ability to do physical things that heavy weight will prevent. I want to be able to play with my young daughter as she grows up. That helps keep me on track.

I also have friends who ask how my work-outs are going. I do not want to tell them that I have missed work-outs.

Post your nutrition to here or a nutrition site (Fitday or Sparkpeople) helps with accountability. Same with posting your workouts. That creates social support and accountability.

Regarding your earlier question about bingeing on poor quality foods when stressed make sure you do not have poor food choices at home or in your place of work. (If you have not done so already clean out your home of all poor food choices - give them away or throw them out - if they are in the home you will eat them.) Do make sure that you do have good food choices at those places. So when you are hungry you will eat fruit and vegetables or lean protein instead something high in calories and low in nutritional value.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:58 PM

Hey there,
You know how to eat right. You know you can do it. Give me those damn chocolates and I will "dispose" of them for you.

Seriously, you are doing awesome. Remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. You didn't put the weight on in an instant and it won't come off in an instant. Keep it slow and steady. Continue to make good choices regarding what goes in your mouth and if you need more recipes, call me. If you need help cleaning the bad foods out of your house, call me.

Check out the recipe I posted for Black Bean Cakes.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!
Jori
Old 02-25-2010, 05:38 PM

Thanks everyone I am doing better this week...one day at a time for sure!!

I am excited though...I won a copy of the new DVDs that Craig did for TT Abs!!!! I think it will help with my back...which has been bothering me alot. I have had 2 back surgeries and there are a couple of the exercises so far that I have had to change as they seem to aggrivate it really really bad...but I am still going!!

Tomorrow is the last workout for TT Intermediate and then next week I am beginning the Original TT. Any suggestions for after that? I think after the contest I will take a week or so off before I start a new TT workout...except for the Abs as I will be in the middle of that regime (I am excited to start that!).

Check in again soon!!
Stacey
Old 02-26-2010, 01:54 AM

Default Moosey

Congrats...the weight loss is AWESOME! Good luck with the progess andkeep us posted.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:08 AM

This week went ok. I worked on eating better and managed to get all of my workouts done. This week I am going to work on making the workout time mine (without rushing or skipping any to work) and still working on my eating. Yesterday I spent a wonderful relaxing day with my longtime friend in Madison. She took me to a fabulous Indian restraunt and I was apprehensive as I don't like spicy foods...but it was AWESOME!!! I tried a little bit of what looked interesting and stopped eating before I tipped. I have to say, I am a sweets girl of course...and I thought the dessert was going to do me in...but again, I just tasted. I tried the rice in sweet milk (YUMM-O!!) and then some cooked down carrots...I don't know what it is called...but it was AWESOME!!

ok, so my goals for the week...start Original TT and do all of the workouts in full, start a food journal (not just talk about doing it!) and be honest with it!!
I will let you know how it goes
Old 03-02-2010, 09:51 AM

Keep up the good work! I am proud of you!
Jori