TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 7th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2010, 02:59 PM

Hey there:

First time on your thread. You are going to get great results. I'm jealous of the 12mph sprint time. Every time I get to 11 or so, I pull my calf muscle!!

Will try to follow your thread more closely. Great inspiration, thanks.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the input! Hopefully I can keep up my journal in a more timely manner. Writing stuff down really does help keep your goals in the front of your mind.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:38 PM

Friday 1/29/2010
Day 19 - Week 3 - Original TT
Workout A
Warm-up:
Y-Squats, close grip push-ups, forward lunges
2 rounds

Warm-up Superset:
DB RDL - 75's X 8
DB Bench Press - 60's X 8

1st Superset:
DB RDL - 100's X 8
DB Bench Press - 75's X 8 (Weak form on last set)
3 rounds

2nd Superset:
DB Reverse Lunges - 60's X 8/side
DB 1-Arm Standing Shld Press - 40 X 8/side
3 rounds

Intervals:
Stationary Bike - Level 12 Resistance
4.5 min warm-up - Start at level 1, work up to level 5, maintaining between 85-100 rpm
30 s work @ level 13
90 s rest @ level 5
repeat 5 times
5 min cool down from level 5 down to 1, maintaining 85-100 rpm

Notes: Approaching BB RDL weight with DB's (last BB work out was 3 X 12 X 215) and another personal best on the DB Bench Press. But I can't really call it that I guess because my form was kind of lacking. Was able to get weight up for first 5-6 reps on all sets but the last 2-3 reps I only brought my elbows down to just shy of 90 degrees, didn't think I'd be able to press up again. So not exactly the range of motion I'd like. Will try one set again on Wednesday to assess if I need to go back down to 70's for a while. Still, about the best I've ever done with DB's! AND my shoulder seems to be getting better! Trying the palms parallel to torso instead of perpendicular. Also got all three sets of 60's in the reverse lunge. Doing good, but all this DB work is showing the weakness of my grip strength. After the 100's for RDL, I'm really struggling to keep hold of the 60's for the lunges. Hopefully that will come with time.

Saturday 1/20/2010
Day 20 - Week 3 - Original TT
30 mins light activity
My usual Saturday circuit of light shoulder/back work around the cable rack. Lateral Raises, neutral grip pull-ups, upright rows, stiff arm-wide grip push downs, and face pulls. 3 rounds of 10 each. Then Intervals on the treadmill from work out B (6 2 min sets of 12 mph work/3 mph rest, 1 min each/set)

Notes: May have lost .5 pounds depending on water weight. Not gonna lie, I've said it before, I need to control my intake. I'm getting better. Trying to fill up on veggies now, no eating after 7 pm, etc. Got to kick the nut habit. I can't just eat an ounce...
Old 02-01-2010, 02:43 PM

Sunday 1/31/2010
Day 21 - Week 3 - Original TT
50 mins light activity
25 mins MRT
25 mins steady state

Pretty bland...

Monday 2/1/2010
Day 22 - Week 4 - Original TT
Workout B
Warm-up:
Y-Squats, Close Grip Push-ups, Forward Lunges
12, 8, 6/side
2 rounds

Warm-up Superset:
BB Squat - 115 X 8
Chin-ups X 5

1st Superset:
BB Squat - 185 X 8
Chin-ups X 8
3 rounds

2nd Superset:
DB Split Squat - 60's X 8/side, 55's X 8/side
Stab. Ball Roll-outs X 10
3 rounds

3rd Superset:
DB Rows - 95 X 8/side
Mountain Climbers X 12/side

Intervals:
Sprints on Treadmill
5 min warm-up - 3mph
60 sec hard - 12 mph
60 sec easy - 3 mph
Repeat for 6 Interval rounds
5 min cool down - 1 min each @ 4.5, 4.0, 3.5, 3.5, and 3.0 mph

Notes: More progress. Upped squat to 185, should have upped warm-up to 135. Will try that on Friday. Chin-ups were a little easier but the last couple were pretty tough. Got one set of Split squats with 60's but still can't keep good form with that weight. Finished off with the 55's. Will up R.O.'s to 12 on Friday. Upped DB rows to 95 with pretty good form. We'll see if we can do 100 on Friday but I"m feeling my torso rotate a little to much under the weight so I'll play it by ear to save form. Still, hitting those PB's is great. This workout is a killer. I'm going top keep this one in my regular rotation. Still breathing hard on the way to work, again!
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 AM

Tuesday 2/2/2010 - Groundhog Day!
Day 22 - Week 4 - Original TT
Light Activity
About 60 mins
10 min warm-up on Stationary Bike
Light DB Front raises and Shrugs
Various Grip Assisted Pull-ups and Decline push-ups
20 min Steady State Cardio (Treadmill)
10 min GXP (Treadmill)

Notes: I think the Gym is actually getting MORE crowded. Either that or everybody has the same idea to come earlier to beat the rush. Now it's at 5 am instead of 6 am. I'm still safe at 4 am but if this keeps up...
Old 02-03-2010, 02:27 PM

Wednesday 2/3/2010
Day 23 - Week 4 - Original TT
Workout A
Warm-up:
Y-Squat, Close Grip Push-up, Forward Lunge
12,8,6/side
2 rounds

Warm-up Superset:
DB RDL - 75's X 8
DB Bench Press - 55's X 8

1st Superset:
DB RDL - 105's X 8
DB Bench Press - 75's X 8 X 2, 70's X 8 X 1
3 rounds

2nd Superset:
DB Reverse Lunge - 60's X 8
DB 1-Arm Standing Shld Press - 40 X 8/side
3 rounds

Intervals:
Stationary Bike - Level 14 resistance
4.5 min warm up - Start at level 1 and work up to Level 5 maintaining between 85 and 100 RPM
30 s hard @ Level 14
90 s easy @ Level 5
5 min cool down - Maintain between 85 and 100 RPM, decreasing from 5 down to 1

Notes: Continue to make progress with RDL's. Up to 105's now but grip is becoming a problem. Noticed it more on the RDL's today with the heavier weight. Didn't become a problem until the last few reps of Reverse Lunges so recovery is better than last time. Tried a few sets w/ gloves and a few without to see if it made a difference, and I think the thickness of the gloves makes ever so slight a difference by effectively increasing the diameter of the DB handle. Got 2 sets of DB Bench press in with good form @ 75's but could tell it was starting to go so went down to 70's for the last set to maintain form. RT shoulder is slowly getting better but still weaker than LT. Not any real pain, just labor to lift same weight as LT. Level 14 on the bike got my legs burning on the bike for intervals but after the first three felt like speed went down because of higher resistance and thus intensity. I think a lower resistance would ensure consistent intensity for all six intervals and will dial back down next time. Yoga tonight after missing last week, hope I haven't tightened up to much...
Old 02-03-2010, 05:09 PM

nice job on your workouts, you're at a place that I am trying to get to...thanks for the inspiration!!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:22 PM

Thanks for lookin' in...keeps me honest knowing folks are actually reading this...
Old 02-04-2010, 09:51 AM

Thursday 2/4/2010
Day 25 - Week 4 - Original TT
Light activity
About 70 mins (including jawwing at the gym)
Rotator cuff work, light BB Front Raises, light Rear Delt Raises
20 mins on Stationary Bike
Light Machine Flyes/curls
15 mins Steady State
10 mins GXP

Notes: Had to do last set of Cardio on Elliptical since that was the only machine open. I know I could have done a BW routine for some cardio but to be honest, I didn't even think of that until just now as I'm typing. On these "off" days I just go to the gym and make sure I get my activity in somehow. Whatever feels good and gets me breathing a little harder. Yoga was great last night, even after a week off. Can definitely feel my flexibility coming back. And all the split quats and lunges really help with the warrior poses, I can get good and deep into the pose now and stay there...
Old 02-05-2010, 10:13 AM

Friday 2/5/2010
Day 26 - Week 4 - Original TT
Workout B
Warm-up:
Y-Squats, Close Grip Push-ups, Forward Lunges
12,8,6/side

Warm-up Superset:
BB Squat - 155 X 8
Chin-ups X 5

1st Superset:
BB Squat -185 X 8
Chin-ups X 8
3 rounds

2nd Superset:
DB Split Squat - 55's X 8/side
Stab Ball Rollout X 12
3 rounds

3rd Superset:
DB Rows - 100's X 8/side
Mountain Climbers X 12/side
3 rounds

Intervals:
Sprints on Treadmill
5 min warm-up - 3mph
60 sec hard - 12 mph
60 sec easy - 3 mph
5 min cool down - 1 min each @ 4.5, 4.0, 3.5, 3.5, and 3.0 mph

Notes: I hate to sound like a broken record but I'm beginning to just love this workout. I'm turning into a true believer...Before when I would workout for 2+ hours with weights I hardly ever broke a sweat, even after the same Interval workout I'm doing now. Now with this one, I'm not soaked like Craig always talks about, but for me, I've got a good sweat going. I should have realized it before because the only thing that really got me breathing hard was really heavy Deadlifts or squats. I would do 3 sets of 12 BB deadlifts at 285 and almost pass out between sets. Why? Because it was short bursts of intense full body motion. Anyway, I don't miss those, and if TT works like it should, I won't have to worry about that anymore! Got my row reps in with 100's today and maintained form so I'm still progressing there. Upped R.O.' s to 12. Kept the Sqauts/Split squats the same but probably could have added some weight to the Squats. The splits are getting me. I think I'll have to start doing the 1-legged squat to build up the quads. That's why I'm doing the BB Squat in the first place - I can't get the reps in with the UNWEIGHTED single leg squat. What's the saying? If you can't master your own BW...