TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 7th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 04:05 PM

All right, way to go......
Can't blame you for that, there is always somebody out there ready to sabotage your efforts. Just turn a deaf ear to them and smile....
Good Luck.

Cheers
Ma
Old 01-13-2010, 05:42 PM

Wednesday 1/13/10
Week 1 - Day 3 - Intermediate Level
Workout B
Warm-up:
By the book
Prisoner Squats, Push-ups, Stab. Ball Leg Curls

Warm-up superset:
DB Squat - 60's X 8
Stab. Ball Rollouts X 5

1st Superset:
DB Squat - 75's X 8
Stab. Ball Rollouts X 8
3 rounds

2nd Superset:
DB Reverse Lunge - 60's X 8/side
Side Plank - 20 sec/side
3 rounds

3rd Superset:
DB Row - 75's X 8/side
Stab. Ball Hip Extension
3 rounds

Intervals:
Sprints on Treadmill
5 min warm-up - 3mph
60 sec hard - 12 mph
60 sec easy - 3 mph
Repeat for 5 Interval rounds
5 min cool down - 1 min each @ 4.5, 4.0, 3.5, 3.5, and 3.0 mph

Notes: Definitely feeling this one in the glutes! Didn't think I would be able to keep up the 12 mph sprint but I guess that's more quads and hams than glutes. I feel like one of those crank yanker prank phone calls "My yass is killin' me!!" Suppose that's good though, been working on the booty. The men in my family all suffer from the disease NOASSITALL so hopefully this is a step in the right direction. Actually, I'm going to drop the weight on the lunges/split squats for the next go around because I don't think I was going deep enough into the lunge.

Saw Craig's "blueprints" email today and it got me thinking...Think I'll put 2 weeks of intermediate in and reassess. If I'm up to it I'll finish up with 2 weeks of Original then move on to TT Transformation for 4 weeks and try to finish up with TT Hard Core for the final 4 weeks. But we'll see how I feel in 2 weeks. If the rest of me is as sore as my glutes today, intermediate will be just fine methinks.

Question: Since I did my TT workout at 4 AM this morning, if I do my 1hr yoga class tonight at 7:15 PM do I still need to do 30 mins of light activity tomorrow? Probably a rhetorical question, but it will be fairly light either way tomorrow to save my legs for split squats again on Friday.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:45 PM

Thursday 1/14/10
Week 1 - Day 4 - Intermediate Level

30 mins light activity:
10 mins BW exercises + some light behind the neck pull downs (for shoulder)
Assisted Chin-ups, Push-ups, Pull-downs - 10 each X 3
20 mins light stationary cycling

Notes: Yoga was good last night but man were my hip flexors tight after squats and reverse lunges. Not quite as sore today as I thought I would be but definitely still feeling it. Wish I would have found yoga years ago. It's amazing how some of my flexibility is like I've been doing it for years but when it comes to anything involving hip flexors, man. I can touch my head to my knees no problem standing up, but sitting down...I'm lucky if I can lean forward at all, let alone keep my lower back straight AND lean forward.

Tip: I'll bet alot of folks are already doing this but I put up a bunch of sticky notes last night around my kitchen with my goals written on them in marker. Also some frank reminders about snacking and staying out of the fridge. I've found that they help. "They" say that you need to write your goals down and visualize achieving them. This is a good way. Now everytime I get the creatine out of the cupboard or something from the fridge I'm forced to read an afirmation like, "You can do it!" or "You must stay in control." Simple, but effective. I even heard once that you should laminate a card with your goals and keep it in your pocket. That way everytime you put your hand in that pocket you're reminded of them. Food for thought...
Old 01-15-2010, 03:35 PM

Friday 1/15/10
Week 1 - Day 5 - Intermediate Level
Workout A
Warm-up:
By the book, 12,8,12 X 2

Warm-up superset:
DB Split Squat - 35's X 8/side
DB Incline Press - 50's X 8

1st Superset:
DB Split Squat - 50's X 8/side
DB Incline Press - 65's X 8
3 rounds

2nd Superset:
Stab. Ball Leg Curl X 15
Pushups X 15
3 rounds

3rd Superset:
Stab. Ball Jackknife X 20
DB Rear Delt Raise - 10's X 10
3 rounds

Intervals:
Stationary Bike - Level 7 resistance
4.5 min warm up - Start at level 1 and work up to Level 5 maintaining between 85 and 100 RPM
30 s hard @ Level 7
90 s easy @ Level 3
Repeat for 6 Interval rounds
5 min cool down - Maintain between 85 and 100 RPM, decreasing from 5 down to 1

Notes: Lowered weight on Split Squats in order to keep better form. Was able to go deeper in to the squat, getting my thigh down to parallell with the ground. Raised weight on DB Incline press. Still a little pain in the shoulder on the initial kick-up but much better. Thought I would be able to do more push-ups but 15 was about right today. I probably could have squeezed out a few more on the last set but only a few. Better control/intensity on the Stationary bike intervals today. RPM control on warm-up and rest periods and more resistance on work periods. Quads were feeling the burn pretty good after 30 s. Got the whole thing done in 55 min today so if the gym thins out after the resolutioners drop away, I'll be able to get another hour of sleep and still get to work a little early!! Man I hope this works, I'm still somewhat skeptical of a 50 min workout after doing all those long 2.5 hour sessions. Less is more in this case I hope and I want it to work!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:35 PM

Default Holy cow! The week's almost over...

Man! It doesn't take long to get behind...and I even had Monday off! Got to get my own computer, but that's another story.

Saturday 1/16/10
Week 1 - Day 6 - Intermediate Level
30 mins + light and not so light activity
10 mins of a light circuit around the cable machine in the gym. Just a routine I've gotten into on Saturdays to deal with secondary muscle groups and to add a little extra.

Cable Lateral Raise - 10 X 10/side
Neutral Grip Pull-ups - BW X 10
Cable Upright Row - 50 X 10
Cable Stiff Arm/Wide Grip Push Down (?) - 45 X 10
Cable Rope Face Pulls - 35 X 10
3 rounds

Intervals:
Sprints on Treadmill same as for Workout B

Sunday 1/17/10
Week 1 - Day 7 - Intermediate Level
30 mins light activity
30 mins on Treadmill - 6.5 mph run/jog

Monday 1/18/10
Week 2 - Day 8 - Intermediate Level
Workout B
Warm-up:
By the book

Warm-up superset:
DB Squat - 60's X 8
Stab. Ball Rollouts X 8

1st Superset:
DB Squat - 75's X 8
Stab. Ball Rollouts X 10
3 rounds

2nd Superset:
DB Reverse Lunge - 55's X 8/side
Side Plank - 30 sec/side
3 rounds

3rd Superset:
DB Row - 80's X 8/side
Stab. Ball Hip Extension X 12
3 rounds

Intervals:
Sprints on Treadmill
5 min warm-up - 3mph
60 sec hard - 12 mph
60 sec easy - 3 mph

Notes: Monday was MLK day. Slept in a little, but not much. Good workout, not to sore but feeling like I worked my legs. Sprints were tough but they always are on Monday for some reason. Had to have been a good workout as I was still breathing pretty heavy on the way home. Got to try and beat 55 mins total workout time. Was able to up DB squat and DB row 5lbs/side.

Last edited by Juiceball : 01-22-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Forgot about the weekend!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:44 PM

Tuesday 1/19/10
Week 2 - Day 9 - Intermediate level
30 mins light activity
10 min BW circuit + some stabilizers
Rotator cuff, Push-ups, front raises, behind neck pull downs
2 rounds

DB Alt curls 2 X 8 X 40's (Ok, not so light, but they were feeling neglected. Did DB rows the day before so I wanted to give my back its rest)

GXP on Treadmill
3 MPH for 5 mins warm up
1 min each @ 6, 7, 8 MPH up
3 min @ 9.5 MPH Peak
1 min each @ 8, 7, 6 MPH down
3 MPH for 5 mins cool down

Stolen from Jon Benson (et. al.) Quick and dirty. Gets HR up.

Wednesday 1/20/10
Week 2 - Day 9 - Intermediate level
Workout A
Warm-up:
By the book, 12,8,12 X 2

Warm-up superset:
DB Split Squat - 40's X 8/side
DB Incline Press - 55's X 8

1st Superset:
DB Split Squat - 55's X 8/side
DB Incline Press - 65's X 8
3 rounds

2nd Superset:
Stab. Ball Leg Curl X 15
Pushups X 15
3 rounds

3rd Superset:
Stab. Ball Jackknife X 20
DB Rear Delt Raise - 10's X 10
3 rounds

Intervals:
Stationary Bike - Level 7 resistance
4.5 min warm up - Start at level 1 and work up to Level 5 maintaining between 85 and 100 RPM
30 s hard @ Level 10
90 s easy @ Level 3

Notes: Went back up a little on the split squats (5 lbs/side) and was able to get a good lunge. Maybe I just needed to get a couple of lighter reps in to train the muscle. Will try to see if I can up it again the next time but today felt about the limit. Tried to add to incline bench again (from 65's to 70's) but body said uh-uh. Will try again as I think if can kick them up a little higher I should be able to get at least on set of 8 in. Increased resistance during work phase of bike intervals to 10 from 7. Definitely feeling the burn at the end of 30 secs. Probably keep it there for a while. Yoga tonight!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:59 PM

Thursday 1/21/10
Week 2 - Day 11 - Intermediate Level
30 mins light activity
10 min BW circuit + some stabilizers
Rotator cuff, Push-ups, BB front raises, behind neck pull downs
2 rounds

DB Alt curls 2 X 8 X 40's (Again, not so light)

GXP on Treadmill
3 MPH for 5 mins warm up
1 min each @ 6, 7, 8 MPH up
3 min @ 9.5 MPH Peak
1 min each @ 8, 7, 6 MPH down
3 MPH for 5 mins cool down

Notes: Tried decline push-ups this time and BB front raises for variety. Yoga was good last night. Flexibility returning. Was able to get deeeeeep in to lunges and "warrior" positions. Must be the split squats and reverse lunges!

Friday 1/22/10
Week 2 - Day12 - Intermediate Level
Workout B
Warm-up:
By the book

Warm-up superset:
DB Squat - 65's X 8
Stab. Ball Rollouts X 8

1st Superset:
DB Squat - 80's X 8
Stab. Ball Rollouts X 10
3 rounds

2nd Superset:
DB Reverse Lunge - 55's X 8/side
Side Plank - 30 sec/side
3 rounds

3rd Superset:
DB Row - 85's X 8/side
Stab. Ball Hip Extension X 12
3 rounds

Intervals:
Sprints on Treadmill
5 min warm-up - 3mph
60 sec hard - 12 mph
60 sec easy - 3 mph

Notes: Once again able to up the DB Squat and DB row 5lbs/side. Left the Reverse Lunge the same, think I'm at 55's for a while there. Felt a little twinge in the right kneecap during the first lunge set but it gave way to a good burn in my right glute. Guys are giving me a hard time about the Stab. Ball since I bring it out of the "group room" to have next to me at the DB rack. I just grin, smile, and say, "Give it a try." They never do. Those roll outs work too. I was posing last night to see if a week and a half made any difference and in the right light, the upper two rows of my abs are starting to pop out again...making progress. Now I just have to stop eating!! (overeating) Think I'll switch to "the Original" next week...
Old 01-23-2010, 03:06 PM

Saturday 1/23/10
Week 2 - Day 13 - Intermediate Level
30 mins light activity +
Normal Saturday routine of light work around the cable crossover machine.
10 mins - Cable Lateral Raises, Neutral Grip Pull-ups, Upright Row, Stiff-arm Wide Grip Push down, and Rope Pulls.
3 rounds
20 mins - Interval Training
Treadmill Sprints - Same as yesterday

Notes: Snowed a TON yesterday so I ended up getting more in than I thought. Shoveling snow is great for the abs, but not to good on the rotator cuff. Mine right one that's been giving trouble is screaming now. I tried to use the other hand but it's amazing the difference between sides when it comes to controlling a shovel or broom. You think your pretty even when you can lift the same weight DB with either arm but when it comes to functionality, it's a whole different kind of musculature. Gained 1/2 a pound since last week (scale weight) so probably actually stayed the same for all practical purposed. Water, etc. Then about an hour after I weighed myself I...um...eliminated...and it looked like a pound's worth at least! Disgusting, I know. I'm hoping that my switching to TT and cutting my workout time down by almost 2/3 isn't going to stall my fat loss. I know I'll have to make some dietary adjustments but I was hoping the intensity would make up for the duration. I'll keep monitoring. And keep reminding myself to NOT OVEREAT!!! I kept to a strict diet for so long I don't know why I can't get back to it. I think I'm taking advantage of Eat/Stop/Eat and consuming more on my eat days than normal. Will start the diet diary again. That always makes me more aware. Will take it easy tommorrow and start the Original Workout on Monday. I know I only did Intermediate for 2 weeks but I think I can handle moving on. I've been doing 5 sets of sprint intervals for a long time now, we'll see how 6 treats me.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:04 PM

Sunday 1/24/2010
Day 14 - Week 2 - Intermediate Level
30 mins light activity
Actually 50 mins - 25 mins MRT - 25 mins Steady State
MRT:
5 min warm-up @ 3 MPH
2 min work @ 10 MPH
2 min rest @ 3 MPH
Repeat 5 times
Steady State
20 mins @ 7 MPH
5 min cool down - 4.5 to 2.5 in .5 MPH increments

Monday 1/25/2010
Day 15 - Week 3 - Original TT
Workout A
Warm-up:
12 Y-squats, 8 close grip push-ups, 6 forward lunges/side
2 rounds

Warm-up Superset:
DB RDL - 65's X 8
DB Bench Press - 55's X 8

1st Superset:
DB RDL - 80's X 8
DB Bench Press - 70's X8
3 rounds

2nd Superset:
DB Reverse Lunge - 1 X 60's X 8/side, 2 X 55's X 8/side
DB 1-Arm Standing Shld Press - 40 X 8/side
3 rounds

Intervals:
Stationary Bike - Level 12 resistance
30 s hard @ Level 12
90 s easy @ Level 3

Notes: Didn't think the shorter workout (only 2 supersets) would feel like a regular workout. Definitely wrong about that. The single leg/arm movements of the 2nd superset made up for it. Personal best on DB bench never been able to do that many reps of 70's before!

Last edited by Juiceball : 01-28-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:27 PM

Tuesday 1/26/2010
Day 16 - Week 3 - Original TT
30 mins light activity
Again, closer to an hour. I'm going to the gym for this in order to keep up my early morning routine so I figure I can stretch it out to an hour without to much damage as long as it stays "light"

Rotator cuff work, 20 mins on Stationary bike @ level 5 resistance, light front raises and shrugs, GXP, light behind neck pull-downs and various grip assisted pull-ups, 20 mins on Elliptical @ level 5. Just enough to break a sweat.

Wednesday 1/27/2010
Day 17 - Week 3 - Original TT
Workout B
Warm-up:
12 Y-squats, 8 close grip Push-ups, 6 forward lunges/side
2 rounds

Warm-up Superset:
BB Squat - 95 X 8
Chin-ups - BW X 5

1st Superset:
BB Squat - 135 X 8
Chin-ups - BW X 8
3 rounds

2nd Superset:
DB Split Squat - 55's X 8
Stab. Ball Rollouts X 10
3 rounds

3rd Superset:
DB Row - 90's X 8
Mountain Climbers X 12/side
3 rounds

Intervals:
Sprints on Treadmill
5 min warm-up - 3mph
60 sec hard - 12 mph
60 sec easy - 3 mph

Notes: WOW! That was a good one! Still breathing hard after showering AND driving to work. Felt good. Able to up my DB row to 90's with good form, another PB! Thought the 6 sprint interval was going to do me in but perservered! Good thing I got a good one in this morning as I have to miss Yoga tonight for a homeowner's meeting

Thursday 1/28/2010
Day 18 - Week 3 - Original TT
30 mins light activity
Rotator cuff work, light front raises and shrugs, light behind neck pull-downs and various grip pull-ups

20 mins steady state on the treadmill @ 6 MPH
10 mins GXP

Notes: Finally caught up with the journal, man how time flies. Pissed off that I missed yoga last night as the meeting I "had" to attend was a complete waste of time. Good thing it only happens once a year.