TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 7th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2010, 10:39 PM

Default My Time is NOW

This is my second TT contest (I did TT#6). Unfortunately, I'm back up to 144 lbs; I just ate too much but I did some of the TT workouts in between TT6 and TT7. I haven't been feeling that great the last few days, but I am starting this contest tomorrow. I have also just had this problem not being able to visualize success for myself at the end of this contest. So I'm forcing myself to believe the time is NOW. I have to do this now - make the lifestyle changes to enjoy my ideal body and living habits so I don't feel miserable. and I want to remember this from Craig's post:
"No one is in a “perfect environment” to transform their body. We all have stress and time limits. That’s why you need a proven plan. Not one “made up” by an inexperienced personal trainer or your well meaning but informed friend"
No way do I ever have perfect environments. It's all about reacting to stress in a healthy manner, so I eat well and do not fight with control issues.
However, feelings aside, I am marching forward with the following goals:

1 - complete TT workouts for 12 weeks with running on other days to prepare for the 5k race and keep up to date on the forum daily or weekly as necessary.
2 - Lose inches around my waist (goal is 26 inches, whether that is at the end of this contest or later).
3 - Drink at least 1 gallon of water each day
4 - Eat 5 well-balanced meals of whole natural foods per day, avoiding extreme hunger, emotional, and nighttime eating.
5 - Pray at least 10 minutes a day to focus on what is really important - learning to love other people and not be selfish, whether with food or anything else.
6 - Go to sleep (to maintain emotional and physical and mental health) as early as possible after working at night and schedule time to sleep in if necessary on weekends to avoid low energy, bad decision making, and losing out on fun activities.
7 - Call friends frequently - make use of the social support Saturdays - and cultivate my relationships to encourage them and to grow.
8 - Have fun!
9 - Listen to and read motivating and interesting material to keep my spirits up and share good knowledge with others.
10 - Thank others and God for all the blessings.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:56 PM

Hi Violet,
Good for you on writing down your goals and it sounds like you have a good handle on what you want. I know you mentioned that you have difficulty imagining what you will look like after the TC; have you thought of cutting out an old picture of yourself or one out of a magazine that you can visualize with?

Also, I am not too sure if this interests you, but I printed out my goals and taped them to my bathroom mirror. This way when I am starting the day I can re-affirm what is important and what my goals are.

Best of luck and keep us up to date on your progress!
Jamie
Old 01-11-2010, 11:34 PM

Thanks for the quick post! I appreciate it.
Actually, I often get depressed looking at old pictures of me with a better body. But maybe some magazine pictures or something. I'll look into it...

I may not be able to post every day, but I will update.

Today: Day 1, Jan. 11. Took pictures (on my other computer).

Started 2K4 TT today DB weight is per DB (per arm)
1A) DB incline press 8reps X 20 lbs, 3 sets
1B) DB rear-delt raise 12 reps X 5 lbs, 3 sets
2A) DB Row, 8 x20, 10 X 20, 8 x 25
2B DB floor press, 10 X 20, 12 x 20, 12 x 20
3A) DB triceps extension - 10 x 9 lbs, 8 x 10 lbs, 8 x 10
3B) DB incline curls - 6 x 15, 8 x 10, 10 x 10

intervals - 6 intervals, 2 min hard ( approx. 8 min mile pace or 8:30 min mile pace), 2 min slow in betweens

eating:
10 am - 2 eggs, 1.5 slices of sprouted grain bread (80 cals each slice) - after workout
11:30 am - 2 oz chicken (approx), handful (.25 cup?) raw cashews
12 pm - persimmon, 1 pm - tangerine
started work missed meal time
4:30 apple
5 ish ground turkey (4 oz approx), raw celery (1.5 stalks), about .5 c brown rice approx.
6 pm - approx. 2 oz chicken, 2 raw carrots, lettuce
7 pm - about 3 oz roast beef, small sweet potato (about .5 c. - .75 c), 1.5 stalks raw celery

may eat small banana if still hungry later... which I probably will. But I planned to brush my teeth before my shift ends so I won't be eating anything late at night at home. So here's my first post to accountability!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:40 PM

Great goals Violet, and nice to see you back!!!!!!!
Sleep is so important to your well being, so try and get plenty.
Will check back with you soon...

Cheers
Ma
Old 01-12-2010, 12:27 AM

Thanks, Ma!

Forgot to post my starting measurements, so here's a go:

as I said, SW 144 lbs. ick

neck 13"
Waist (belly button) 32"
narrower part of torso/chest - 29"
hip 38"
thigh at widest point (closer to hips) is 23 ", but about 9" from knee, it's 21" want to reduce the widest point most...
calf 13.5" Right/13" left (widest point)
upper arm 11"

height is 5' 4", wrist 6". I guess that's a medium frame from something I read long ago.

so the waist/hip ratio really needs to decrease. I remember reading if it's .8, it's associated with a higher risk for diabetes!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:05 AM

Default Jan 12-13

Jan 12 -
~8 am 1/2 c dry regular organic oats, cooked.
~ 9 am outside running, 35 minutes. approximately 3.5 miles.
~ 10 am 2 eggs
1 persimmon
1 apple
2 tangerines
.25 c raw cashews, chopped

ground turkey (4 oz approx), raw celery (1.5 stalks), about .5 c brown rice approx.

approx. 2 oz chicken, 2 raw carrots, lettuce

chicken (3 oz approx), .5 c cooked zucchini, about .5 c brown rice approx.

about 3 oz roast beef, small sweet potato (about .5 c. - .75 c), .5 c cooked zucchini

Jan. 13:
TTK4, Workout B. I don't have all the details in front of me, but I went for 30 lbs each dumbbell on the leg exercises, but had to reduce to 25 lbs each dumbbell on bulgarian split squats and then to 20 lbs. 20lbs each for the 1 arm shoulder presses.
Treadmill for the interval part of it.

Eating:
2 eggs, lightly fried
1/2 c dry regular organic oats, cooked.

~ 3 oz chicken, .5 c brown rice, .4 c. cooked zucchini
1 persimmon
.25 c raw cashews, chopped

1 banana

1 apple

chicken (3 oz approx), raw celery (1.5 stalks), about .5 c brown rice approx.

about 3 oz roast beef, small sweet potato (about .5 c. - .75 c)

approx. 2 oz chicken, 2 raw carrots, lettuce

1 tangerine
Old 01-15-2010, 12:50 AM

Hi Violet, your nutrition is looking good!!!!!

Are you still running?

Cheers
Ma
Old 01-15-2010, 01:03 AM

Smile

Thanks!
yes, ran Tues and Wed.
Today I didn't run, though. did some walking - to and from lunch, during talking on the phone and to the car, but at least 30 minutes if summed up
Jan 14:
2 eggs, lightly fried
1/2 c dry regular organic oats, cooked.

out to lunch with friend at BJ's:
This was a pretty good choice I found:
.5 grilled chicken stuffed potato (I told them NO cheese, NO alfredo sauce, and they did as I asked - alfredo is gross to me anyways), so it was just the baked potato, chicken, and steamed broccoli
house salad - lettuce, grated carrots, couple tomato slices, some olive oil for dressing. I don't like croutons, so didn't eat those.

1 apple

.25 c raw cashews, chopped with
1 cup blueberries, thawed from frozen

1 persimmon

~ 3 oz chicken, .5 c brown rice, .4 c. cooked zucchini

1 tangerine

chicken (3 oz approx), small sweet potato (about .5 c. - .75 c), .5 c cooked zucchini, 1.5 chopped raw carrots

I'm glad I've not been eating at nighttime, sleeping when I get home from my shift, and praying and planning in the morning so I feel sane.
still planning for a 5k race on Feb. 13!
work is busy so I just had to update all at once today.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:55 AM

Good luck with the 5k training.
Keep up with the good nutrition and you will definitely see results..
Cheers
Ma
Old 01-15-2010, 03:08 AM

It's good to see you back for TC7 Violet. I think the "soul-searching" and goal-setting you did at the outset will take you all the way to your goals. I can relate to much of what you said (this is my SEVENTH contest!) and fully understand where you're coming from with regards to reaching the fitness level you want.

Your nutrition is looking really good so keep it up and hit those workouts hard!