TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 7th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 PM

Hi Debbie,
Hang in there! I am in the over 40 club (43 soon...) and think that yes, your body comp does change as you get older. I think you tend to hang on to fat a little tighter as you age (probably something to do with hormones) Ask Ma. She should be able to tell you the answers to your questions.
Jori
Old 01-22-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by run26neys View Post
Hi Debbie,
Hang in there! I am in the over 40 club (43 soon...) and think that yes, your body comp does change as you get older. I think you tend to hang on to fat a little tighter as you age (probably something to do with hormones) Ask Ma. She should be able to tell you the answers to your questions.
Jori
Thanks guys! Ma- that is someone here right? Cuz my mother-uh, no I'm not asking her any fitness related questions!!

I did my workout this morning. Renegade rows after lunges are tough!! Someone even commented on them this morning about how hard they look. He called them pushups but whatever.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieD View Post
Thanks guys! Ma- that is someone here right? Cuz my mother-uh, no I'm not asking her any fitness related questions!!

I did my workout this morning. Renegade rows after lunges are tough!! Someone even commented on them this morning about how hard they look. He called them pushups but whatever.
Her thread is called Ma is Back! She's in the TC contest.
jori
Old 01-28-2010, 09:37 AM

I've not fallen off the face of the planet! I had to jump on a plane last Friday because my father took a turn for the worse. Now it's just a matter of waiting. Sad.

I've been walking everyday but other than that no real workouts. I'm going to do a bodyweight workout this morning b/c I have some extra time then off to Hospice. We've been getting a lot of take out but my sister eats like me so we are supporting each other's good choices.

Just wanted to update my journal.

Stay strong!
-Debbie
Old 01-28-2010, 09:39 AM

Debbie-So sorry to read about your Dad. Peace to you and your family.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:47 AM

Thank you!
Old 01-28-2010, 01:57 PM

Sorry to hear about your dad. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Jori
Old 02-05-2010, 11:38 AM

So my father passed away last Friday 1/29. All I have to say is this: If you smoke, PLEASE stop. The death is not pleasant!

I have not been to the gym in 2 weeks. I HAVE been eating pretty clean. It was tough for a few days but now I'm back in NJ and getting back on track. I was in the middle of doing TT2K10 and now jumping back into that seems weird. I feel like I need to bring myself back to 'center' but I'm not sure what to do. Maybe one of the older programs, kind of standard wt. training followed by HIIT and then a rest/easy day in between. THen, maybe I jump right into Adrenaline! THoughts?
Old 02-08-2010, 12:35 PM

2/8/10
Got back into the gym today.
I am doing the first week of Original TT this week and then I'm thinking I'll go back and start TT2K10 again. I'm intrigued by Adrenaline but I am trying to figure out how to do the sprints. Unless I just do them on a bike.

I had kind of a revelation. Well, a light bulb moment. It's kind of a "Duh, how could you not know that" kind of thing but... I realized after reading umpteen thousand reports, books, websites, you name it, that I'm just not creating a calorie deficit. I do the workouts- no problem there. I eat super healthy- I do everything every expert says to do. Yet, I stay the same exact weight week after week. I have to admit, I'm really good at that! So, starting today I'm going retro and counting calories. Actually, I started doing that in January but my calorie allowance for myself was too high. I'm shooting now for 1500. I'll see where that takes me.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:18 PM

Had a great workout this morning. I did TT Original B. So, nowthat I feel I'm back on track I have to pick out a new workout for Monday. I was going to do adrenaline but I keep thinking back to last Spring when I did Hard Core Fat Loss and it worked so well. I may do that for 4 weeks now that I'm in the groove of eating clean again. I have no idea when my challenge 7 is up. Doesn't really matter except for the pictures. Anyway, I'll figure it all out and keep going.

I do have a question regarding 'the last 5-10 lbs.' that has been all over my email lately from seemingly every internet trainer under the sun. I may ask it in the fat loss forum though so it has a decent chance of being answered.