TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 7th Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2010, 09:02 PM

HCFL is a good one - enjoy it!
Jori
Old 01-15-2010, 03:21 AM

It looks like you're off to a strong start. Hope you and your family are feeling better soon - it's no fun getting sick during a contest, but it's important to be feeling 100% especially when working out.

Best of luck to you.

Find me on Facebook
Old 01-16-2010, 10:18 PM

First off I have to thank Craig for the awesome workout we did this morning. Thank you I'm really hoping that bringing my husband to TDLive has inspired him to make some changes. The event has been a nice motivational boost. Besides you Craig, I have to say Shawn Phillips speech was awesome! - and I think everyone would agree!

But back to transforming... We are all feeling better. Everyone ended up with this 24 hr flu.. All 5 of us... I swear it's my 2 year old bringing home all the germs from the gym. He has been cought(brace yourselves)licking the waterfountian! Gross!!! The past few days have been challenging on food but Ive managed to keep it under control. I'll have to make up for some lost time when I get back to Chicago but Ill be fine.

Fiona, how is week one going??? I hope well

Well off to bed!!! I'm exhausted!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 11:04 AM

Hi Daisy, that must have been so inspirational going to the big event and
meeting Craig in person...

I agree about Shawn Phillips, he looks incredible....understand he is also a great motivational speaker, I have his book ABSolution..

Hope you got a lot of good ideas you can bring home and use in your own training and nutrition. Also to convince your husband to get started with you....
Also glad you and the family are all over that nasty bug.....kids seem to be the carriers of anything going around.....

Cheers
Ma
Old 01-19-2010, 06:30 PM

Hi Ma!
Yes, it was awesome. very inspirational! Shawn is a great motivational speaker. It was really nice to see someone transition through his life and learn to balance and grow with his fitness. From Body for Life to married and children, very cool! I knew most of what a lot of the presenters were saying, although I did learn a few things like only take your fish oil before you go to bed, otherwise u will likely use it for energy then letting it do it real job in the fat cells. Also Dr Bryan Walsh was there and spoke about insulin and cortisol and how if your body is out of wack hormonally, then that can also be a reason that you might be having a hard time loosing fat. His info was amazing!!! Great stuff!!!

So back at home and back into transformation mode. I have to say I wasn't perfect in Florida. I did get some workouts in and had healthy breakfasts but life happens. I did not get on the scale this morning. Probably a good thing too. Im back on track and thats all that matters.

Todays workout: Hardcore fat loss day 2. Jori u said its a good one. You neglected to mention it would also kick my a$$ !!! lol. I'll be working up to the 3 rounds of the bw circuit. I did the first round(after 3 rounds of BB complex) and nearly died. But I got tough and realized that awesome results require awesome effort so I did another round I'll add the 3rd round of BW on weeks 3&4 of the workout.

How is everyone elses transformation going???
Old 01-19-2010, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy23259 View Post
Hi Ma!
Yes, it was awesome. very inspirational! Shawn is a great motivational speaker. It was really nice to see someone transition through his life and learn to balance and grow with his fitness. From Body for Life to married and children, very cool! I knew most of what a lot of the presenters were saying, although I did learn a few things like only take your fish oil before you go to bed, otherwise u will likely use it for energy then letting it do it real job in the fat cells. Also Dr Bryan Walsh was there and spoke about insulin and cortisol and how if your body is out of wack hormonally, then that can also be a reason that you might be having a hard time loosing fat. His info was amazing!!! Great stuff!!!

So back at home and back into transformation mode. I have to say I wasn't perfect in Florida. I did get some workouts in and had healthy breakfasts but life happens. I did not get on the scale this morning. Probably a good thing too. Im back on track and thats all that matters.

Todays workout: Hardcore fat loss day 2. Jori u said its a good one. You neglected to mention it would also kick my a$$ !!! lol. I'll be working up to the 3 rounds of the bw circuit. I did the first round(after 3 rounds of BB complex) and nearly died. But I got tough and realized that awesome results require awesome effort so I did another round I'll add the 3rd round of BW on weeks 3&4 of the workout.

How is everyone elses transformation going???
When I said it was a good one, that was what I meant! I was just trying not to scare you :-)

Jori
Old 01-20-2010, 04:29 PM

Lol!!! Too funny Jori! I'll make sure I remember that next time

Todays day 3 of the program wasn't to bad. I was expecting the same crazy hard workout but I think the curls on the ball helped to break it up. Didn't have my TRX inside either so had to make due with hanging off the treadmill handrails for inverted rows which worked just as well. I had a rough mental start of doing the workout in the first place-now my 2yr old has double ear infections-ugh! Made an unplanned trip to the imm care after his speech appt was cut short due to him not feeling 100%. Can we get healthy please? Considering a negative ion generater/filter-whatever they are called. Maybe that will help reduce some of the illness around here and also considering going to a ND. After Dr. Walsh's lecture in Tampa, maybe im not so opposed to a natropathic dr.

I'm nervous about measuring/weighing Friday morning... Need to think positive!
Old 01-21-2010, 04:42 PM

Day 4 of program: ran 9.0 on tread for my 1 min intervals. Thanks Craig(gasping for oxygen)

I decided I would try fasting from 8 last night till 8pm today...I was super stressed, exhausted, and still haven't gone grocery shopping yet and decided I would make last night a cheat meal. There was a sign that I shouldn't be eating it, we usually get sausage on pizza. I HATE sausage and usually pick it off. But they put micro sized crumbles which made it impossible to pick off so It wasnt really even worth it since I only had 1 peice at best. I think I could eat a cow at this point. I'm craving ALL naughty stuff. Maybe this fasting thing is not for me. I'm trying to hold out till but I'm STARVING!!!! STARVING!!! STARVING!!!!!!!! I really need to get to the store!
Old 01-21-2010, 07:28 PM

If your mind is open to seeing a Naturopath, I say go for it. I love mine and think that seeing a Naturopath has done more for keeping my family healthy than an M.D. ever has.

The whole ides is to treat the person as a whole and enable your body to be healthy, not wait until it's unhealthy to throw a prescription at the problem (often without trying to treat the root cause of the problem).

Don't take me wrong, there is also a very definite place in life for medical doctors, too. It just takes knowing who to go to when it comes to different problems.
Jori
Old 01-22-2010, 11:01 AM

Thanks Jori! I'm glad to hear that you feel good about going to your ND. Looking at the whole instead of its parts makes soooo much sense. And I agree that the MD has their place. I really wish we had considered seeing an ND when my husband broke out into such severe hives he couldn't even go to work- it lasted months! He now takes meds that I really don't think he needs to be taking and would hope they can ween him off.

Now here is my confessional... I broke down after my attempted fast. It wasn't terrible but not good either. I'm not beating myself up over it. Just realizing that at this point, fasting is just not right for me now. I will try it again, probably in the last 4 weeks but for now I'm sticking with clean whole foods. I weighed myself today 127.8. Thats the lowest Ive been in over 7 months. I'm happy with that but need to focus on Craig's GREAT addition to his post Kekich Credo #75, never ever, ever give up!

Now its time to fall off the wagon and jump on to the Farrari!