TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2015, 01:21 PM

Default Catherine Gets Back to the Gym.

Imagine my delight last month when my son Colin asked me to train him. Even better, he wanted to join the gym where he could learn to lift with other young people his age and up.

We train after I teach in the evenings, and the crowd is very young compared to me, but after 3 years of training clients I just focus on the job at hand.

When we first walked in, Colin told me he was pretty nervous, but by the time we left he said, "I love it here!" I think the very heavy metal modern rock they play on the sound system had something to do with that.

Right now, we're doing TT BDHC, and then he does intervals on the treadmill, as he wants to improve his mile time in PE.

As for me, it's time to tighten up and get defined again, and that takes 3 focused training sessions a week. I have found that I can keep my weight stable just by teaching and following Sugar Freedom, but I need to lift in order to get the shape I want.

I'm so grateful for this forum to keep me focused, and Colin and I look forward to seeing all of you who are going to the TT Summit in less than 4 weeks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0093.jpg (8.5 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-11-2015, 01:25 PM

Great to see you here Catherine. Wonderful to spend time with Colin. Cool Mothers Day present. Concetta
Old 05-11-2015, 04:05 PM
Administrator

That's really great, so you are training at a big gym with Colin?
Old 05-11-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
That's really great, so you are training at a big gym with Colin?
Yes, This is the gym where I achieved my original transformation in 2008.

It has the full complement of dumb bells, lots of benches, a new squat rack, bar bells and plates galore. We have to train at a busy time, but when you know exactly what comes next it's not such a big deal.

Also, after 7 years of doing TT I know a bunch of work arounds if we can't get to the exact piece of equipment we need.

Colin did 3 chin ups from a dead hang for the first time Saturday. He was so happy.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:53 AM

Well, I'm impressed that your teenage son wants you to train him. Good for you! It will be fun to meet him in SD. And good to see you again, too
Old 05-12-2015, 05:42 AM

You go, girl............(as usual) and very nice to see Colin following in your footsteps.....for some kids it is not cool to do what Mom does, let alone go to the gym with her!!!!
Old 05-14-2015, 05:51 AM

Whoop whoop- go Catherine! Excited to follow your next 12 weeks! AND from following your blogs in the past you've inspired me to cut out sugar. From one of your blogs I ordered Food Junkies a couple of weeks back. A great read and a lot I can apply to clients. So thought I'd trial on me first. Day 5 tomorrow! I need to start up my challenge thread but time has been against me.

Can't wait to meet you guys in SD!

Ali
Old 05-28-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliaussie View Post
Whoop whoop- go Catherine! Excited to follow your next 12 weeks! AND from following your blogs in the past you've inspired me to cut out sugar. From one of your blogs I ordered Food Junkies a couple of weeks back. A great read and a lot I can apply to clients. So thought I'd trial on me first. Day 5 tomorrow! I need to start up my challenge thread but time has been against me.

Can't wait to meet you guys in SD!

Ali
Hey Allie!

Food Junkies is a powerful read, and a great resource for understanding the compulsive eater.

See you in San Diego, Cath
Old 05-28-2015, 09:07 AM

Default TT for Amazing Abs= DOMS

Eeek!

Here I am sharing my secret weapons with you forum members.

I believe that TT For Amazing Lower Abs is one of the hidden gems here on the website. It came out in 2008, and it has never had the same acclaim as BDHC and 2K3. I have always loved it though: especially the cable exercises. As you know, I'm back in a conventional weight lifting gym 3 times per week, and this is making a real difference.

I experienced some significant weight gain at the start of the challenge which was very hard to take, but it's gone as of this morning, and my lower ab definition is starting to re-emerge. What a relief to know that this stuff really does work if you work it.

A few of my clients and I are deliberately pulling back on fat and increasing protein, and yes, it does cause fat and weight loss. (Doh.)

I'm testing this method out for the next several weeks as we continue to crack the code on overweight and obesity at Gordon Studio, and with my Sugar Freedom readers.

Here is what we are seeing: for the sugar addict abstinence from sugar and grains is non-negotiable. It is essential for eliminating carvings permanently. What is negotiable is the amount of fat in the eating plan.

For ultimate weight management, Fat Cycling may well be the key for those of us who are looking to lean up and out. I promise to keep you posted.

See you in San Diego, Catherine
Old 05-28-2015, 08:53 PM

I can't wait to meet you!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17