TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2015, 02:00 PM

Default In for the Ride

Well, I'm back! It's been awhile since I've graced these forums, but I definitely need to get back into the swing of things. The last time you heard from me, my son had just been born and I was ready to get into shape. Now that he's older (a year and a half), he's incredibly busy and doesn't leave much down time for mom or dad. Admittedly, workouts and nutrition have been inconsistent... Nutrition especially has been. So I'm ready to reclaim what is mine and do this challenge! Here are my goals:

1) Develop a sustainable plan that will help me stay consistent with workouts and nutrition to accommodate my ever changing role as a dad. This may mean more meal prep on the weekends and definitely will mean forcing myself to get up for early morning workouts (How do you do it, Craig?)

2) Lose 20 lbs of fat while maintaining muscle that has been acquired over the last 18 months

3) Finish the Precision Nutrition course and practice what I preach on a daily basis.

I'm looking forward to it, although admittedly the thing I'm most worried about is being able to get up for workouts.... Aside from that, it should be a cake walk, right? Wait.... Cake's bad... It should be a chicken walk.

As far as workouts go, I have been working on the muscle mashup which I absolutely love! I will stick with that for two more weeks, and then switch to something else.

It's good to be back!
Old 05-11-2015, 02:09 PM

Welcome back! Plan, plan plan. You can do it! Concetta
Old 05-11-2015, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Welcome back! Plan, plan plan. You can do it! Concetta
Thank you! Planning is the plan!
Old 05-11-2015, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Great to have you back, keep on pushing on!
Old 05-12-2015, 03:56 AM

Welcome back - and enjoy the ride of being a dad!

Don't worry, you can get back in shape with TT and PN in no time
Old 06-25-2015, 03:33 PM

Just thought I would check in at around the halfway point!

I'm down 14 pounds of fat, have put on 3 pounds of lean muscle, lost 2.5 inches off my waist, gained .5 inch on my bicep and am crushing it in the gym! And by gym, I mean home because I workout at home. I PR'd my dead lifts two days ago at 350 lbs for four reps!

Most importantly, I have found my passion for fitness and nutrition. Something I lost this past year due to stress, anxiety and a number of other things. I've been practicing mindfulness, which includes daily meditation, and am happy to be feeling like myself again!

Other than that, summer holidays are just around the corner.... Meaning tomorrow! Lots of time to continue working out and eating clean. I'm done the first five chapters of the Precision Nutrition course and am rocking a 98% so far. Anyways... Keep keeping on!
Old 06-26-2015, 03:54 AM

Woohoo! PN cert here you come!
Old 06-26-2015, 08:50 AM

Wow! Great work!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 06-26-2015, 11:28 AM
Administrator

This is an incredible WHOOOOOSH update. You surely are a frontrunner for PRO champion. Keep on pushing on and make sure you get the entry in before the deadline!

Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandercool View Post
Just thought I would check in at around the halfway point!

I'm down 14 pounds of fat, have put on 3 pounds of lean muscle, lost 2.5 inches off my waist, gained .5 inch on my bicep and am crushing it in the gym! And by gym, I mean home because I workout at home. I PR'd my dead lifts two days ago at 350 lbs for four reps!

Most importantly, I have found my passion for fitness and nutrition. Something I lost this past year due to stress, anxiety and a number of other things. I've been practicing mindfulness, which includes daily meditation, and am happy to be feeling like myself again!

Other than that, summer holidays are just around the corner.... Meaning tomorrow! Lots of time to continue working out and eating clean. I'm done the first five chapters of the Precision Nutrition course and am rocking a 98% so far. Anyways... Keep keeping on!
Old 07-23-2015, 02:53 PM

Were the forums down? I was having a tough time logging in for a few days!

So with just a few days left, I've been doing something special because I'm a gluten for punishment. I mostly stick to a heavier weight load and more traditional program like "Meatheads" or "Muscle Mashup", but decided that for the last few weeks I would do the Bodyweight Maximum Metabolism Boost! Man oh man... Do not discount body weight exercises. It's really been kicking my butt! For the last week, I'm doing it everyday.... Yes, I know.... Perhaps a little bit crazy, but the back to back workouts have been great!

As I reflect on the past 12 weeks, I am feeling better than I've ever felt. Meditative practice is truly a wonderful healer to help me stay grounded in the moment and to not worry about the future, or things that have happened before. Learning how to forgive myself for years of abusing food and not taking care of my body, has been one of the most transformative aspects of these past 12 weeks. I no longer carry the guilt and shame that has been weighing me down all this time.

Picture day on Monday! I'm deciding whether I should get my bikini line waxed, or just leave it au naturel.....

Have a great day, everyone!