TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2015, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Off day lower body workout here at the hotel in Toronto. Had some rib-eye steak last night and octopus at a Spanish restaurant in the city (Patria). Also watched the new Avengers movie. That was the first of the new Marvel movies that I was able to watch from start to finish. I've tried Thor and Captain America, but thought both were boring.

Today's session was

1A) Squats
1B) Box Jumps

2A) RDL
2B) Stretching

3A) Goblet Step-up
3B) Goblet Squat

Good superset there in 3.

And here's a good burpee challenge for you:
=> http://www.earlytorise.com/workouts-...tlet-challenge

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark." - Michaelangelo

Aim high,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 05-13-2015, 01:03 PM

I am enjoying reading through these posts. Great progress Craig.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Off-week, light workout at the Shangri-La Hotel (my favorite place to stay) in Toronto. I did hit a couple of bodyweight personal bests.

First, I did 29 Perfect Pushups, taking 1 second to lower, pausing for 1 second, 1 second to press up, and pausing for 1 second at the top. Then I did a 21-second hold in the top of a pullup position.

The rest of the workout went quickly, like this:

A) Military Press
B) Bodyweight Row

A) Shrug
B) Close-Grip Pushup

Now to the airport and a quick flight to NYC. Tomorrow, a 40-minute run through Central Park with my buddy Matt, to celebrate our 40th birthdays later this year. My one run of the year. We always do this in NYC...how can you not run through Central Park in the morning?

Then an off-weekend, and back to heavy training on Monday morning with a new 4-week program focused on the deadlift.

Speaking of 40th, make sure you join me at the party here. Price of tickets goes up on Saturday night.

=> www.TTSummit.com

Make the right decisions with your time and actions!

“People should never practice what they do not want to become good at.” – Corey Anton

Choose right,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 05-15-2015, 08:03 AM
Administrator

Today was my annual interval run through Central Park with my good friend and business partner, Matt Smith. Every year we have an annual meeting for our travel group in NYC. You can watch a promo video for the club here.

=> http://theatlas400invite.com/

I've been on trips to Italy (drove Ferraris!), Germany (drove at Porsche and BMW), NYC, and the Superbowl with the group. They are incredible people...it's filled with guys that would give the Dos Equis gent a run for his money in the "Most Interesting" category, lol.

Before the run I did a few pullups and mobility drills in the St. Regis hotel gym. Up until last June they had a gym in the basement. It was small and dark but had a good cable stack and some moderately heavy free weights and an assisted pullup machine.

They've since moved it to the 19th floor so it's brighter, but now it's filled with all the Technogym equipment that plagues so many high-end hotel gyms. It looks pretty, but it's functionally terrible. I don't know what leverage Technogym has over the Four Seasons, the St. Regis, Trump, etc., but this junk is in every hotel gym and it downright sucks.

Of course, I know better than to expect much from a hotel gym, but even then, some days you are pressed for time and you have to lift in a hotel gym. It's a shame this equipment is becoming popular. The dumbbell selection was also lighter than normal, possibly because of the new location.

Those are the facts. The best way is to deal with them with HWR workouts.

And to follow today's kickbutt mindset tip!

Tomorrow will be a light upper body day and Sunday will be an off + travel day back to the farm (flight + drive + long dog walk!).

Monday I return to heavy lifting with a squat session on the Canadian holiday for Queen Victoria's birthday. Good ol' Victoria Day. That's Canada's answer to Memorial Day, I guess.

I get a full week out on the farm, a weekend in Toronto, and then I'm off to Denver and finally San Diego for the www.TTSummit.com on June 5-6th.

The price of tickets is going up on Saturday. Reserve your spot today and get ready for an amazing weekend and energetic bootcamp with me & Durkin.

Get out of bad environments as quickly as possible. Don’t put yourself in situations where temptation will be too great for your willpower. Cut your losses. Don’t feel bad saying no to vices. If you really, truly want to change, you won’t let others make you feel guilty for your decisions. Surround yourself with positive people. Get rid of the toxic ones in life.

Change it,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Old 05-15-2015, 08:45 AM

Whoop whoop! 40 minutes for 40 years!! Congrats!! Super exciting. We need a SD summit 40 workout. Just saying! Enjoy the farm. Wish I was back home at my cottage. Home is where the heart is. I miss Lake Huron.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Administrator

You are in for a treat today. LOL. When I consume caffeine my mind races. It vomits ideas left and right. I get a little more truthful, I say what's on my mind. Most of the time it's good, although sometimes it lacks a filter. Enjoy!

But first, here's why I had caffeine. It was squat day. So after my morning writing and a dog walk, I had a Green Tea, some cacao nibs, walnuts, brazil nuts, and a chocolate-flavored pea protein powder (with frozen spinach) before I went to the gym...And I snuck in 1/3 of a can of Monster energy. Ooops. I'm going to pay for that with anxiety after lunch. Oh well.

The workout:

Mobility warm-up included: Squats, 1-leg RDl, cat-camel, bird dog with hip abduction, RKC plank, leg swings, cossack lunges, and some yoga stretches like Warrior and Downward Dog. You can find all of those on the Googlez.

1A) Parallel Barbell Squat
1B) Barbell Squat Jump (empty bar)

*2) 185lbs deep squat for reps - 19 reps, new personal best

3A) Olympic-depth Barbell Squat
3B) Leg Curl
3C) Back Extension

*I try to set a personal best in every workout whether it is pushups, pullups, bench press for reps, squats for reps with varying weights, # of calories burned in a minute on the bike, Farmer Walk distance, etc.

Improve your performance and you'll improve your physique.

“Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.” – Stephen Covey … Control everything you can. Cope with what you can't. You're a grown-up. Quit complaining. Make the best of what you have & keep improving. What else are you going to do-quit? No way. Suck it up. Get it done. Your Success = Your Responsibility. Quit wavering. Take bold action today!

Leverage your energy and focus,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

Dear Virtual Mastermind Member,

You can't keep doing all the things you are doing now. You do too much. It's time to call a spade a spade and realize that your time management anxiety and your success struggles are your responsibility.

It's time for you to quit being a hero, to cut back, and to say NO to taking on too many tasks. Yes, we all find it amazing what you get done. Yes, we're impressed. But yes, you're killing yourself. It needs to change. It stops - and starts - today.

As Stephen King said in On Writing, “Kill your darlings.”
Kill your little pet projects. Kill your Youtube video filming if it brings you no traffic. Kill your Facebook page that robs you of copywriting time. Kill your blog if you hate writing. Kill your plans for a 2nd product unless you’ve sold 20,000 copies of your first one. Kill your baloney excuses. Kill your self-limiting beliefs. Kill them all. Quickly.
Why? Because…

You are getting mediocre results when you try to work on three important projects. We do not have priorities. It is not a word that should be pluralized. It is singular.

Here's the definition: "Priority: a thing that is regarded as more important than another." It's ONE thing. Your task is to choose the top priority and to work on it alone. Finish it, then move on. Say no to everything else.

If you don't want to listen to me, listen to these guys:

"Innovation is Saying "No" to 1,000 things." - Steve Jobs

"The difference between successful people and really successful people is that really successful people say no to almost everything." - Warren Buffet

Kill the weak.

Nourish the strong.

Do more of what works.

Do less of what doesn’t.

Make the Right Decisions for the Right Results…

Right Now.

Have an insanely productive week.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:55 AM
Administrator

Big deadlift session coming up on Friday. It will be week 1 of my new four week program. But first...

Wow. Meathead Pump Paradise. Just finished an upper body TT Meathead program down at the local YMCA. Ran into an old high school teacher that asked me to speak at a small business meeting in June. Should be fun.

Today's a beautiful day in our little Victorian city and buses filled with high school-aged students from Toronto were circling the city looking for parking spots as English teachers brought the kids to our world-famous Shakespearean Festival theater. It's always a pleasure to see so many visitors enjoying our city.

But dang, it was cold this morning when ol' Bally the Dog and I went for our 6:30am walk. I had to wear gloves and my two sweatshirts weren't enough.

Fortunately I got warmed up with a big breakfast and then this:

Warmup:
WYLIT
Pushups
Band Pull

1A) Bench Press
1B) BB Row

2A) Pullups
2B) Military Press

3) BB Curl Personal Best - 65x21 reps

Then some work meetings and now a day of writing, email, and reading.

Later on a dog walk, and then a comfort food dinner of meatloaf and mashed potatoes...and some superfoods, like spinach, beets, and cauliflower.

Perfectly productive day on the Farm following the 3-C formula.

Control what you can.
Cope with what you can't.
Concentrate on what counts.

If it were do or die, you’d be able to stick to your workout program. Imagine you had to go to jail if you skipped your workout to sit on the couch instead. How many workouts do you think you’d miss? You’d be able to stick to your diet if you had to pay me $500 every time you fell off the plan. If you had to lose 5 pounds in 10 weeks or lose your job, you could do it. You just need to find compelling motivation to stick to your plan. Keep working to find that internal inspiration so that you can put a little more urgency into your body transformation program. Get out of your comfort zone and put that pressure on. Plan. Focus. Take Action. Set Deadlines. Hit Them. And then...Reward Yourself. You CAN do it. I believe in YOU.

Push on with the formula,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - See you soon?

Join me at the www.TTSummit.com

It will be awesome!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Long walk in the Old Grove, a forest near the farm, and some bodyweight mobility. Deadlift on Saturday morning. Trip to Toronto after.

Flight to Denver on Monday (it's good to travel on holidays). Week in Denver, then off to TT Summit on the 4th of June. Legendary weekend planned. Will deadlift before I go to SD, and then maybe again at Fit Gym in downtown SD. We'll see.

Then back to Denver for 3 days, and then head to Cleveland for a seminar. I'll deadlift in DVR, and then do bodyweight stuff in Cleveland. Then a weekend in Toronto, and then an extended vacation on the farm. Back to Denver for Q3 planning before July 1st.

Exciting times!

This is your one and only life! Make the right decisions, right now, for it. And remember that it is the people and experiences in life that matter, not the stuff. Review your past actions and your future dreams. Keep it all in perspective. Pursue the truly important, not the shallow and fleeting illusions of modern success.

Let others have their fame and trinkets…stick to what matters, what you know in your heart is right, and live virtuously, lead by example, and stick to your vision. You are the boss of this life, make it count when it comes to what matters. Never give up on it. You will succeed. We believe in you and we know this approach will work. Let's go and keep going!

Push on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
Old 05-25-2015, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Had a great weekend. Lots of training, good food, and even a couple of movies. I might be slowing down in my old age.

Started off with an early Saturday morning trip to the YMCA for a Trap Bar Deadlift session. Hit 335 for 5 and 225 for 23 reps. Workout looked like this:

1A) Snatch - 3x5
1B) Box Jump

2A) Trap Bar Deadlift
2B) Box Jump

3A) Shrug
3B) Leg Curl

Good times were had by all, I think, except for my hands. Saturday was BBQ day (or a cook-out, as my American friends would say). Rib-eye steak and some apple ciders. Followed that with the first Avengers movie. I wish there were more. The second one is even better. I didn't like Captain America or Thor, but I'll give them another shot. And the Ironman ones, too.

Sunday was a workout at the Shangri-La hotel in Toronto. During my workout, after a set of strict pullups, a gentleman asked me if I could help his son do more pullups. His son is in the Marine Corps, but is currently 25 pounds overweight and can only do 2 of a required 7 pullups.

They know that losing the weight is the most important step. Aside from that, I recommended a 3-day per week program. All of these add-ons will be done at the start of the whatever scheduled workout he has to do. (He will have additional training in the Marines.)

Workout #1 - 3 sets of 5 repetitions with a 5 second Eccentric (and getting a boost back up).

Workout #2 - 10 sets of 1-2 pullups, never straining, only doing perfect reps.

Workout #3 - Repeat workout #1.

As soon as he loses 15 pounds he should be able to hit 7 pullups with this concurrent training regimen.

My workout on Sunday was:

1A) Bobby Maximus Pushups (1-1-1-1 tempo) = 31 reps, new PB
1B) Pullups - 40 reps total

2A) DB Shoulder Press
2B) Cable Abs

3A) DB Incline Curl
3B) DB Triceps

Then it was off to a fancy Italian restaurant (Buca in Yorkville) for seafood and veal. Portions were small...so it called for the flourless chocolate cake for dessert. It was pretty good, but I realized it was chocolate with orange, and I'm really not a big fan of the orange flavor mixed with my beloved chocolate. Still, it was nice.

Then went back to the hotel and finally watched John Wick. I thought the Equalizer was violent, but this was above and beyond.

Back to work today here in Canada, and then off to Denver in a few hours to catch up with my team at www.EarlyToRise.com. I'll be there until the TT Summit travels begin on June 3rd.

Next deadlift workout should be Sunday AM.

Stay positive, look at every day and every moment as a learning experience…and become the best “student of yourself” that you can. Find out what works for you, and what doesn’t. Then do more of what does, and avoid those situations that tempt you into the wrong decisions. Be proud about what you want to achieve, and communicate clearly about what you must do to get there. Of course, we all make mistakes and temptation gets to us all. But look at every stumble as the greatest gift…a learning experience to become better. You can change and achieve your goals. I believe in you. Your time is now. Let's go!

Time to go,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” - Mark Twain
Old 05-26-2015, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Flew to Denver on Monday, and since my arms weren't too tired (LOL at my original jokez!) I hit the gym this morning for an upper body session.

1A) Pushups (1-1-1-1) - 5x20
1B) Chinups - 5x8

2A) DB CSR - 4x10
2B) Shoulder Press - 4x10

Tomorrow will be a heavy squat day, week 3 of the current 4-week program. Thursday I'll bench, and Saturday or Sunday will be heavy deadlifting.

Until then, lots of work to do, so I'll be following these tips:

How to save some time:
=> http://www.earlytorise.com/how-to-save-two-hours-a-day/

And here are more time-saving tips for you.

4-Minute Abs:
=> http://www.earlytorise.com/4-minute-sexy-abs-circuit/

Ab moves NEVER to do for specific body types
=> http://www.earlytorise.com/3-ab-exer...our-body-type/

Past success doesn’t guarantee future success. Past failure doesn’t guarantee future failure. You CAN change. Don’t tell me you can’t. You can. Keep moving towards your vision by working on what you can control while ignoring everything else.

"Something has to break and it won't be you, it will be the obstacle." – Dr. Norman Vincent Peale

Break the obstacles in your way,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - Smash!

You Hulk. You SMASH obstacles in your way. You BREAK through your upper limits. You BEAT all temptations. You CAN do it. You WILL do it. TT believes in YOU.