TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2015, 10:06 AM
Administrator

Default Man-Up Deadlift Transformation of 40-Year Old Meathead named CB

"Make no little plans." - Dan Kennedy

I like to alter between a personal growth transformation and a physical transformation. In TT Contest #22 I finished my book, destroyed my binge eating habits (it's been months since I had any mess-ups), mastered the art of enjoying just 1 drink, and improved my gut health.

Now it's time to lift.

I made a mistake in contest #21 by going with a bodyweight challenge. To be honest, I just don't care about bodyweight training. I like Meathead Training. I like deadlifiting. And I want to get a big strong deadlift.

So that's the one and only concern of this 12-week transformation.

All workouts will be chronicled here...probably not of too much interest to most TT readers, except for my #TTMeatheadPosse of Mike L., Daniel, Peter J., Derek W., Blake, John M., J-Roc, and Ferruggia.

(Did I miss anyone out?)

My starting stats are this:

165lbs (lost a lot of weight battling my GI issues)
315x6 reps as best deadlift (long way from my best ever of 425lbs x 1 and 315x12)

Sticking with 3 sessions per week following a TT-modified 5-3-1 program.

Obstacles I will overcome: Travel & GI issues (doing much better)

Goal: 315x10, 385x1 RM

Alright, let's get going.

Meatheads unite,

Craig
Old 04-27-2015, 02:50 PM

I shall be watching with great interest.
Old 04-27-2015, 03:38 PM

For the first time in a long time, I have a client entering the TT Transformation Contest. Time to get back to my former winning ways! (Have had at least 5 client winners in previous years). And I've decided to do it, too, for the first time! I'm up about 8 lbs since last spring...not good pounds...and I need some extra motivation to stay at the gym after a day of training others and get my own workout in!

Question about the contest: in the past, one had to send an email to let TT know they were entering. Is that still the case? Or just submit everything at the end? I notice on the rules page there is a box to enter one's email address, but that looks like it's an opt-in to get on CB's mailing list rather than make an official entry. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:41 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
"Make no little plans." - Dan Kennedy

I like to alter between a personal growth transformation and a physical transformation. In TT Contest #22 I finished my book, destroyed my binge eating habits (it's been months since I had any mess-ups), mastered the art of enjoying just 1 drink, and improved my gut health.

Now it's time to lift.

I made a mistake in contest #21 by going with a bodyweight challenge. To be honest, I just don't care about bodyweight training. I like Meathead Training. I like deadlifiting. And I want to get a big strong deadlift.

So that's the one and only concern of this 12-week transformation.

All workouts will be chronicled here...probably not of too much interest to most TT readers, except for my #TTMeatheadPosse of Mike L., Daniel, Peter J., Derek W., Blake, John M., J-Roc, and Ferruggia

(Did I miss anyone out?)

My starting stats are this:

165lbs (lost a lot of weight battling my GI issues)
315x6 reps as best deadlift (long way from my best ever of 425lbs x 1 and 315x12)

Sticking with 3 sessions per week following a TT-modified 5-3-1 program.

Obstacles I will overcome: Travel & GI issues (doing much better)

Goal: 315x10, 385x1 RM

Alright, let's get going.

Meatheads unite,

Craig
The question was rhetorical, and I'm not officially part of your MeatheadPosse. But I am definitely a card carrying member of the MeatHead Training Club. Just sayin' for the record...
Old 04-28-2015, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Not rhetorical at all, I gotta recognize all my #TTMeatheads that are representing TT Meathead training. Updated list:

#TTMeatheadPosse of Mike L., DLove, Daniel, Peter J., Derek W., Blake, John M., J-Roc, and Ferruggia.

Alright, this workout rocked.

What happens when you cross TT with Wendler's 5-3-1 and the Bobby Maximus Perfect Pushup challenge?

You get tired triceps and a big upper back pump.

Warm-up
- WYLIT
- BMax Perfect Pushups
- Band Pull

1A) Bench Press (Week 2 of 5-3-1)
1B) Chest-Supported Row - 4x8

2A) Barbell Incline - 2x5
2B) TRX Row - 2xMax

3A) Bench Press - 3x15
3B) Bobby Max Perfect Pushups - Max Reps
3C) BB Row - 3x12

Great #TTMeathead times!

Now for a couple of days off and then 1st Deadlift workout of the 23rd Transformation will be on Friday.

Soon I'll be back to this...

Hey...these guys look familiar! I love the KB box...it's from the Middle East, so for modesty, they photoshopped on a black tank top...but apparently they don't care about stealing my image. Ha! And yes, even GQ magazine borrowed ol' CB. Double-ha!

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - If you are doing a fat loss transformation...

It's time to stop cardio. It doesn't work. Switch to...

...these FREE workouts with me

=> http://earlytorise.com/freedailyworkout/index.html

Win MY Money! Here's how...

The 23rd 12-Week TT Transformation Contest has now started

- http://turbulencetrainingcontest.com/rules.shtml

Grand Prize of $1000 plus a 3-Year Platinum TT Membership
2nd Place Prize of $500 plus a 2-Year Platinum Membership
3rd Place Prize of $250 plus a 1-Year Platinum TT Membership

Click here to see last contests winners and the rules page with more contest details: http://turbulencetrainingcontest.com/

Good luck!
Old 04-28-2015, 11:34 AM

Oh man! I totally stole your posse idea. Sorry about that! I can't delete it. You can if you like. Re-title it "Over Forty Home Girls!"

P.S. I just don't picture you as the wife-beater wearing type.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 04-28-2015, 12:29 PM

This sounds like a great goal for one of my favorite lifts. It will be interesting to follow your progress.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Thanks Jim. It will be a good one for you, but be easy on that hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Vellenga View Post
This sounds like a great goal for one of my favorite lifts. It will be interesting to follow your progress.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:29 AM

Haha that black tank top!

I'll be following along. Good luck!
Old 05-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Administrator

This is motivation.

603lbs. New PR for @BobbyMaximus. No belt. No straps.

I'm a long way from that, although I did just about run out of space on the bar today with two 45-pound bumper plates, a 25, 2 tens, and a 5 on each side. That adds up to 325 and I did a set of 3 with that.

Today's workout at the Colorado Athletic Club went like this:

1) Kettlebell Swings - 3x10 at 70lbs for warm-up

2) Deadlift - worked up to 325x3

3) Snatch-Grip Deadlift PR - 225x9 reps

(I try to set a PR in every workout...I have a bunch of lifts and rep schemes, and this is the one I chose today...and made it.)

4A) RDL - 3x10
4B) Military Press - 3x10

This deserves a big meal tonight. I've been eating way too lightly this week.

This weekend might see some accessory upper body training and will definitely see a lot of writing...I have a lot of work to do for TT and ETR.

If you haven't already read this, check out how I went from my lowest lows to my 5 Pillars of Transformation:

=> http://www.earlytorise.com/5-transfo...improved-life/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
I’m here to tell you that it can – and WILL – get better. If you put the 5 Pillars of Transformation into place, if you plan, if you get accountability from a coach, if you lean on your social support, if you promise yourself an incentive for staying on track, and if you set a finish line, then you can achieve great things in your life.

You can and truly will, I promise you that. And I’d love for us to accomplish our dreams together. I’d love to help you build that NEW and IMPROVED life that you deserve so much.

The community, the support, and the insider knowledge that you need are now available for you. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever tried before. And you can get the motivation and inspiration you need to change. Please accept this personal invitation to take control of your future, to achieve your dreams, to change your life – and the lives of many others.

Read the rest of the article about how you can create a NEW and Improved life

See you soon,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Happy May 1st...

...remember: “You could just as easily change your life today as any other day. You don’t need to wait for January first. Change is a matter of choice, NOT calendar.” - Dan Kennedy