TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2015, 08:05 AM

Man! I'm sorry that your body is not healing! It is great though that you were in the right place at the right time with the right Dr.!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 05-27-2015, 11:36 AM

You'll get through it, Maureen! Hang in there
Old 05-31-2015, 11:57 PM

I had an awesome workout today: paddling! I love being out on the ocean and today was yet another spectacular day. Great workout, kicked my butt. I had a nice long nap this afternoon. Ahhh...
Old 06-20-2015, 03:17 AM

Oh, I've been a slacker in my posting, so here's the news - good, bad and ugly.

I was really good all the way through the Summit, then hit my parents house and had a major back issue after the plane ride and making the bed. I know I sound like an old lady but I've never had that happen before - it was excruciating and I even hit my dad up for some Vicodin!
So my workouts turned into slow walks...

Anyway, I'm *mostly* keeping to the 10 ideas, journaling, yoga, goal review and meditation every day. I'm good at knowing my #1 priority for the am, but then get distracted as the day goes on so will need to work on that. It especially varies with my energy level and interest in what I'm doing. The perils of self-employment...
Old 06-20-2015, 09:22 AM

I hope you are feeling better! Be careful with that vicodin! That has been a favorite in my family. Great job on the tiny habits. Anything worth doing is worth stumbling through the awkward beginning! I think you are great!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 06-20-2015, 07:36 PM

Oh Leslie, you know exactly what to say

I actually only took the Vicodin for a couple days just to sleep, didn't even take any for the long plane ride home, as I don't like how it messes with my cognition. Makes me feel mentally slow, sort of blunted. I guess that's no surprise for a narcotic!

But I have been watching the squats and lunges, unweighted for now. Seems to be the ticket.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:40 AM

I just paraphrase smart people. I think the awkward beginnings one is from my good friend Zig!
Old 06-22-2015, 03:09 PM

Did my first thing first today, which was to take a walk while listening to a copywriter's podcast (John Carlton and Kevin Rogers' Psych Insights for Modern Marketers (pi4mm.com) if anyone's interested in an enlightening and always-entertaining listen to help build copywriting skills).

The walk, and ensuing yoga, were necessary to stretch out after enjoying my favorite workout yesterday: outrigger canoe paddling! I love it. I sat in the stroker seat (front of the boat) this time, and not looking at someone's back for 2 hours make's it all the more scenic. But man, am I tired afterward. Need to do it more to build my endurance.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:03 AM

Not so great news, but was expected, today from the podiatrist who really thinks an MRI will show I need surgery to repair torn peroneal tendon(s). X-ray tomorrow (per insurance protocol) then MRI Monday then surgery July 10. Two weeks of immobilizing brace (don't know exactly what this looks like), 4 weeks of a walking boot, 6 weeks of a more flexible brace, then back to normal - hopefully no PT.

One more bump in the road...

Can't say it didn't bum me out to hear this. I have been looking forward to being back to my old active self for a really long time now. But I guess I'm going to have to wait a little longer.

This is the perfect opportunity to work on training someone with a lower body injury. There's still a lot that can be done. Plus, I think I'm going to self-prescribe laughter therapy with comedies. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Last edited by mocombes : 06-26-2015 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:52 AM

I am so sorry Maureen! As for comedy. Seinfeld is coming to hulu. Jim Gaffigan has a new show. I like to watch old SNL skits and Jimmy Fallon is pretty funny.