TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2015, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by concetta27 View Post
Another tool in the box Maureen. Swings with a heavy KB work every inch of your body. Although some gyms don't have them, if you are traveling by car, it's easy to take. Concetta
Good to know. Sounds like a nice way to go find a place in nature I like and get a good workout to boot (as long as the destination isn't too far from my car!)
Old 05-07-2015, 03:40 AM

Did my tiny habits, but wasn't as productive as I'd like to be. I'm really tired today, and hoping I'm just fighting a bug and haven't caught mono from my son
Old 05-07-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogarry View Post
Good to know. Sounds like a nice way to go find a place in nature I like and get a good workout to boot (as long as the destination isn't too far from my car!)
Great to swing outside. Farmers walk back and forth to car. Options galore. Concetta
Old 05-09-2015, 03:33 AM

So here's a new one I ran into today: the primal mace. Ever heard of that one? A little less portable than kettlebells and a little scarier, in my opinion.

Anyway, did my habits, and it's a good thing I have my list because they are not at all ingrained yet. Only the first out of bed and exercise ones, but for the others I need to keep looking at my list.

I'm really loving the 10 ideas thing, though.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogarry View Post
So here's a new one I ran into today: the primal mace. Ever heard of that one? A little less portable than kettlebells and a little scarier, in my opinion.
Think I'll stick with KBs. Concetta
Old 05-12-2015, 04:18 AM

Back on the tiny habits today, since I took the day off yesterday for Mothers Day. We left in the morning and drove to the other side of the island to see the volcano. It's really active right now and put on quite a show of bubbling and shooting lava, especially at night. It was amazing with binoculars, the ground moved in massive black waves and then exploded into orange! Cool.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:37 AM

Just have to check in to say the 10 ideas a day is awesome. I know they're not great right now, but the forced practice is really good for me. Plus, it makes me think about things I want to figure out (I don't use it for random lists or other people) and look for solutions while I'm awake, not a 4 am.

Anyone else tried the 10 ideas practice?
Old 05-21-2015, 05:45 AM

I'm on the tiny habits except the exercise one for the past week, only walking but no workouts. It's been a long two months since my surgeries and I'm still fighting infections in a couple of the wound sites, finally had to go on antibiotics and those wipe me out. But I'm looking forward to all of this being behind me soon. AND getting rid of the head cold I caught this week for some reason. Not typical for me.

But, all other fronts still going strong. It definitely helps to have my list, as I'm constantly checking it to be sure I'm taking care of getting these "habits" to become true habits!
Old 05-26-2015, 07:33 PM

I'm still at it, top priority identified the night before and done first every day is usually something related to improving my writing for me. It takes me SO LONG to write. I wish it flew out the ends of my fingertips, but that's just not the case. I'm still in heavy learning mode.

I do find, though, that it's kinda fun to create something that amuses me in the end while being helpful to others. I've always been such a factual, scientific type but I enjoy pulling out a more entertaining persona.

I'm also still backed down off my exercise as I had to go for a second round of antibiotics and need more time to heal. But I continue to walk, and yesterday was my first swim in quite a while. I'm out of shape (not surprisingly) but it felt really good just to be doing it. I'll be back at the more intense stuff in due time.
Old 05-27-2015, 05:13 AM

Second update in one day because I got some pretty discouraging news. I've been looking forward excitedly to the day when I can get back to normal and exercise full force, which I thought was coming fairly soon.

As luck would have it (I think it was divine intervention myself) I had to take my son to the podiatrist today to look at a 5 month old injury that isn't healing. I had my ankle wrapped, as it hasn't healed from the sprain I got 9 weeks ago. The doc took a quick look at it and determined I likely have a longitudinal tear in my peroneal ligaments (at least one, possibly both).

Conservative treatment is bracing to see if there's any improvement, but typically they require surgical repair. So I ordered my special brace and will give it a go for a few weeks to see what happens. The whole thing is so frustrating. So I had to re-set my emotional state and pulled out my gratitude journal, reminding myself how lucky I am that it will be fixed eventually, whether simply by my own healing or having a skilled surgeon help it out first. I was tremendously lucky to have been in a podiatrists office with a wrap on my ankle to entice him to take a look. And I'm very lucky I make my living at a desk rather than as an athlete.

So, my tiny habits will not include any intense lower body TT workouts for a while, but only whatever I can do without stressing my ankle. It may just be swimming for the most part.

This too shall pass.