TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2015, 02:44 AM

Default Maureen's Tiny Habits

Tomorrow is Day 1!

I'm jumping into this contest not so much for a physical as a personal productivity transformation.

I have a lot of distractions during my workday that lead me to be less productive than I would be if I were at an office all day. As it is I work out of my home - a two bedroom condo - and my two teenage boys are homeschooled. I'm also a single parent. I need a lot of planning and cooperation to be at my best.

So I am going to institute some "tiny habits" (as explained by CB in his 'streaking' thread) to get myself into a GSD (get stuff done) groove every day.

So here goes:

1. Plan each day's priorities the night before

2. Start each day with yoga, goal review, at least 5 minutes of meditation, and my #1 priority

3. Work out at least 3 days per week, and walk or swim the other days

4. Write 10 ideas every day (a la James Altucher)

5. Journal at least 5 minutes every day

Here I come!
Old 04-27-2015, 08:06 AM

You go girl!!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 04-27-2015, 11:30 AM

Great, Maureen!
Sounds like a plan
Old 04-28-2015, 04:24 AM

Day one, 1 through 5 Done.

I did another short TT workout, this one including pullups. Oh boy, I have lost my touch on those. Gotta start with hanging and lowering again....
Old 04-28-2015, 08:20 AM

Nice work! One of the ladies I'm training wants to do a pull-up. We are trying to get the weight off and strengthening her back right now. Were you able to crank out multiple pull ups at one point? I can still only do 2 without help! I don't practice it very hard though because of my bum elbow.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 04-29-2015, 04:24 AM

My memory is foggy on the exact amount (it's been around six months now) but I think I was doing four or five pretty well.

I'm only feeling a tad sore today, hooray! I'm so excited to be getting stronger again

And on the tiny habits, all done (Even though I wasted a couple hours with that Blue Zones meeting)
Old 04-30-2015, 12:06 AM

Tiny habits all done.

I ran across a great post on the Choose Yourself FB group I just joined. Jeff Schneider asked people for ideas for their 10 Ideas lists. It sparked a lot of ideas

Someone has even made a website gathering 10 Ideas lists and suggested topics for 10 Ideas lists to get you started.

BTW, my shoulders feel those pull-ups and my ankle ROM continues to increase. I did the burpees called for today in a very slow and controlled manner...
Old 05-06-2015, 02:55 AM

Tiny habits done, but a little out of order, since I had to leave the house unexpectedly early this morning. But it was a good trip.

Today was my walking day and I was blessed to get my time in with a little hiking up in the hills of Kohala. I went out to interview the manager of the ditch that supplies all the ag water to the region. It was damaged by catastrophic flooding this winter so we took a quick tour and he showed me the repairs in progress. What a beautiful way to spend a few hours.

My 10 ideas were on how to show someone you care, which was uplifting - then I find out a friend's new wife is going in for surgery on her recurrent brain cancer. Hits me in the pit of my stomach.

Love 'em while they're here...you never know when they will be gone.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:53 AM

I would love to read that list! One of my favorite recent quotes is:

"You love as well as you are willing to be inconvenienced." hard, but true!
Old 05-06-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogarry View Post
Concetta, I notice you like the kettlebells a lot and wonder how you find them compared to DBs, TRX, pull-up bar, etc. I don't have one but would like some perspective. What's your .02?
Another tool in the box Maureen. Swings with a heavy KB work every inch of your body. Although some gyms don't have them, if you are traveling by car, it's easy to take. Concetta