TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
How's it going? Is the family on board with the new eating plan?
Yeah, family's not been an issue.

I'm becoming the issue.

Frankly, I'm just getting tired of not seeing much results in losing the gut. I'm following workouts to a TT (haha), I'm staying active on my days off, I'm trying to get 7-8 hours of sleep a night, trying to eat right 90% of the time... It's just. not. happening. The fat is not leaving.

Positives; I feel better than ever. My blood pressure is awesome. I can tell I'm stronger. I can tell I can run more, do more, have more energy... people say they think I'm looking better.

Negatives; fat is still there; its. not. budging. It's demotivating. The fat is dragging me down, literally and figuratively.

Maybe its that I didn't get enough sleep last night, or maybe its the rain... just not feeling it today. I know I can't go back the other direction as it is what made me a 313-314lb man. I'm at 308 right now after 3.5 weeks.... I want faster results.

Just typing that, I realize I need to really see that as a positive. That's 5-6lbs gone. If I keep that pace up for 12 weeks, that's 20-25lbs. That's pretty good. This weight didn't get on overnight, did it...
Old 05-28-2015, 02:17 PM

....no it didn't. I feel a whoosh coming your way. Wait for it......
Concetta
Old 05-28-2015, 09:52 PM

Don't focus on one body part. I bet you are losing in places you have not considered like the back. Keep at it!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 05-30-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Don't focus on one body part. I bet you are losing in places you have not considered like the back. Keep at it!
Probably so. I need to do some measuring to see where the changes are going.

I'm still at it, people. We've had rain, rain rain this past week.. not like what Houston, Texas is getting, but it still has kept the sunshine hidden and tough to get uber-excited about anything.

When we've been able to, gotten the kiddos out in the parks or outside to stay active as a family. My wife said "Why haven't we done more of this before?" I said, well, we made it a priority... she said no, you made it and I'm thankful you have.

w00t! w00t! ...that is nerd speak for GO ME.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:28 PM
Administrator

You remind me of this great guy, and that's a HUGE compliment. Keep on pushing on!

http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=12738
Old 06-05-2015, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
You remind me of this great guy, and that's a HUGE compliment. Keep on pushing on!

http://forum.ttmembers.com/showthread.php?t=12738
Read through some his posts; thanks for that!

The last few days I've heard "You are losing weight, Matt" several times, from not just the kind people but people who I work with day-to-day.

I feel it, too. The joints don't hurt as much. I've made so many good decisions during this Transformation Contest; from following TT workouts to the letter, adding more movement on my off days, re-learning to swim, everyday being active with my family, eating better and with more focus.

The pounds are not dropping fast, but the pants are looser, the shirts are fitting better. I see it in my face.

Most importantly, I have more energy, my appetite is different. I feel more clear-headed.

I'm not there yet, but the journey is in some good days right now.

Even if I don't "win" I've won.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:04 PM

That is an awesome update! Even if you don't win, you should do another contest!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 06-09-2015, 10:31 AM

Default Here it is

Folks, not proud of this image.

I was embarrassed to take it. I knew I had to, but dang. It was tough. This is 315lbs. This body is from 5/3/15. Since then, I've lost several inches, probably around 8lbs, etc. Getting stronger, more energy. Clothes are looser.

Now understand, completely, that I'm proud of him as a person. He's a man of faith, a good husband, a good dad. He works hard at two jobs; one of which has him helping lead the way for youth development through the Y in Kansas City. He finished his Masters degree while working two jobs. He is working a few book ideas, doing some creative writing, going to finish a short children's book this summer. He's a volunteer leader at his church.

I'm also for taking this health issue and attempting to kick its butt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150503_212415_50.jpg (40.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Administrator

keep going!
Old 06-09-2015, 11:45 AM

This is fabulous!! One day at a time! "The road to success for 99% of people isn't a jump, it's a steady incline from one successful project to the next." Keep up the awesome job!! - Lesa