TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2015, 01:25 PM

I've started a Facebook Page, "Transformer Mann 2015" where I'm posting photos, connecting this transformation with my family and friends on FB... I have a massive 10 likes so far ha I wanted to move all the postings about the health journey to a page to keep it organized and look at for reminders of progress.

Here are a couple of pictures I've posted the last couple days...

One is of the park last night we randomly stopped at after eating out; I was a good Mann, trust me, ate salads and quality soups. I did have a bite of my daughters brownie, just to see what the tastebuds thought....WOOWEE. So different, even after only 5 days of sugar detoxing.

We were on the way home and I realized we hadn't had our activity that day, so I pulled in and we got out, had 30-40 minutes of running, climbing, etc. my wife even was making some challenges up for my girls to run across the rocks and logs... awesome!

The other picture is of my corner here at my Y. We have the nicest facility in KC (yes, I'm braggin'), with all kinds of great spaces, spin studios, exercise bikes that are VIDEO GAMES (wow) and I choose this dinky stairwell corner with a mat, stability ball, 30lb kb and a stool. That's all you need to do TT! I also like the privacy of it, I kind of look like a mess jumping around all the DB curl bros and treadmill warriors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150513_193854.jpg (82.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20150512_154404.jpg (55.0 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-14-2015, 05:13 PM
Administrator

.915 is a great average!
Old 05-15-2015, 02:29 PM

Default Sheet Cake

This popped up on my Newsfeed yesterday on Facebook... my favorite sketching app (Sketchbook Pro by Autodesk) and my favorite sweet confection, SHEET CAKE... oh baby.

I really haven't missed sugar, you guys. I've had to be more conscious of choices, conscious of mindless snacking... but I do sit there and think "GOD I NEED A SUGAR BOMB."

It's freeing.

I'm in it to win it, not just this contest but to defeat the fat and unfocused lifestyle. Gosh almost 2 weeks of 12 weeks done. I can't believe it!

Social support has been so key. I'm still an addict coming down off my addictions to poor eating, unfocused exercise and an undisciplined life. Without the occasional encouragements in these forums or on Facebook or my kids saying "Daddy aren't you on a diet?" I couldn't do this. I'm still not at the point where I'm able to help others, to write those encouragement notes yet... I'm still in recovery. I'm getting there, though.

Thank you for taking time to say "Keep it up" or "You're doing great" as it means so much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1431709580213.jpg (60.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-16-2015, 03:29 AM

Keep it up, you're doing great !
Old 05-19-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogarry View Post
Keep it up, you're doing great !
Thanks! Appreciate the encouragement!
Old 05-19-2015, 05:13 PM

Default Pluckin' along

So, mom's house yesterday. Homemade lasagna, salad, , garlic toast, cobbler and ice cream.

Yep, I ate it. All of it. MMMMM MMMMMM MMMM.

Why? A few reasons....

#1. My mom, I don't know how many more years I have with her. It brings her great joy to cook up a meal and serve it. She has been doing a fantastic job lately of being supportive of my eating habits, too.

#2. My mom cooks like no other; we all say that, right, about our moms? She is fantastic.

#3. I planned for it. I knew it was coming. I balanced those calories by eating habits yesterday and today. Doing fine.

#4. It was late and I've found that pasta, bread and all those delicious white carbs help me go to sleep earlier

I might have beaten myself up in the past, might have let it lead me down a slippery slope, but knowing that I needed to write in my journal here and tell my Facebook page... I knew it was a little off course, but not horrible.

So, back at it hard core today! Super salad, workouts, water, coffee no sweetener, etc. ROCKING IT.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:39 PM
Administrator

well played!
Old 05-22-2015, 03:05 PM

Default !#$#!$

Blew it today.

It is the first BLEW IT in 3 weeks. Can't believe it. Lunch time, didn't have anything bought, was having a depressing last couple of days, just got done with a boring training, not wanting to work, etc. etc. and just gave in to buying foods not good for me for lunch.

Ugh.

I feel gross. My body is like "What the heck is this greasy thing you just put in me?"

...Time to Do Over. Drink lots of water. Flush it out. Get back on point.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:33 PM
Administrator

that was a good streak though, and I'm sure you learned a lot. Let's make the next one longer and keep on learning!
Old 05-27-2015, 09:18 AM

How's it going? Is the family on board with the new eating plan?
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17