TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 23rd Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2015, 06:46 PM

The cast is off. Working out is still probably a week away as my hand and wrist are quite immobile. Right now it will just be the physio exercises. Once they have loosened up, then I can see what I can do. For the next week I am only to focus on mobility, no work on grip strength.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:25 PM
Administrator

good progress, stay the course, thanks Jim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Vellenga View Post
The cast is off. Working out is still probably a week away as my hand and wrist are quite immobile. Right now it will just be the physio exercises. Once they have loosened up, then I can see what I can do. For the next week I am only to focus on mobility, no work on grip strength.
Old 06-01-2015, 07:45 PM

The return of wrist flexibility has been much slower than I expected. At this point pretty much any pressing exercise is out due to the pain that comes when the wrist and hand flex too far. There is still a lot of swelling, and a lot of discomfort. Some days are better than others, but at about a week and a half since the cast came off, I am still not at a point where workouts will start. There is progress, but much slower than I was hoping. I will keep doing the physio exercises, and hopefully the progress will continue without any major back sliding. Not sure if I will get to working out soon enough to get any substantial amount of weeks in for the contest though. Only time will tell.
Old 06-02-2015, 01:37 AM

Good for you for all your effort, even if your progess doesn't look like you want it to. Injuries are tough, but you'll be back at your workouts full force at the right time. It's coming.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Stay strong, Jim, this is a transformation of a different kind. Still worth writing an essay about to share what you've learned! Thanks and wishing you a continued speedy recovery.

Craig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Vellenga View Post
The return of wrist flexibility has been much slower than I expected. At this point pretty much any pressing exercise is out due to the pain that comes when the wrist and hand flex too far. There is still a lot of swelling, and a lot of discomfort. Some days are better than others, but at about a week and a half since the cast came off, I am still not at a point where workouts will start. There is progress, but much slower than I was hoping. I will keep doing the physio exercises, and hopefully the progress will continue without any major back sliding. Not sure if I will get to working out soon enough to get any substantial amount of weeks in for the contest though. Only time will tell.