TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2014, 06:32 PM

Default 6 Saturday & 7 Sunday Septetember 2014

I did nothing this weekend at all...besides cleaning up the flower beds and cutting the grass on Saturday.

I listened to my body and took a rest...these advanced calisthenic exercises take it out of you. My wrists, elbows, shoulders and lower back felt like they just needed to do nothing for a while.

Sunday was fathers day here in Australia so we celebrated early by going out for a nice steak on Saturday night...I ordered mine with 2 fried eggs and swopped the fries for a baked potato.

Between the kids and myself over Saturday & Sunday we polished 2 packets of Oreo cookies and 2 x 440g box of peanut M&M's...these are my favourite.

The start of a new week...it's time to get my chocolate and cookie addiction under control again.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 09-08-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJankowski View Post
Yes I know what you mean. I'm back in control but it took a bit of overfeeding to get there.
Good to hear mate...It's time for me to tighten up the belt again, too.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 09-08-2014, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
I did nothing this weekend at all...besides cleaning up the flower beds and cutting the grass on Saturday.

I listened to my body and took a rest...these advanced calisthenic exercises take it out of you. My wrists, elbows, shoulders and lower back felt like they just needed to do nothing for a while.

Sunday was fathers day here in Australia so we celebrated early by going out for a nice steak on Saturday night...I ordered mine with 2 fried eggs and swopped the fries for a baked potato.

Between the kids and myself over Saturday & Sunday we polished 2 packets of Oreo cookies and 2 x 440g box of peanut M&M's...these are my favourite.

The start of a new week...it's time to get my chocolate and cookie addiction under control again.
Happy Belated Father's Day! I indulged in a little sweetness this weekend. I did not wake up craving sweets. I decided to see what would happen if I "only" did ice cream instead of something with grains. So far so good. I didn't have any spillover cravings today. I might have to test it out again next Sunday!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-08-2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieM View Post
Happy Belated Father's Day! I indulged in a little sweetness this weekend. I did not wake up craving sweets. I decided to see what would happen if I "only" did ice cream instead of something with grains. So far so good. I didn't have any spillover cravings today. I might have to test it out again next Sunday!
Thank You, Leslie. I am generally OK with Chocolates or Cookies at avoiding them, but I know myself, if I have just one it will lead lead to a few more...or the whole packet in my case lately, especially Oreo's and Peanut M&M's.

It's good to hear you have your cravings under control...I need to get on top of mine .

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 09-09-2014, 12:09 AM

Default Monday 8 September 2014

I decided to work on some hand balancing today, focusing on the kick up. I am now able to kick up with both legs at the same time when doing freestanding handstands on the floor.

It has been a long road my hand balancing journey, but it is slowly starting to come together. My balance still needs a lot of work...we'll get there eventually.

I did 4 rounds of the Pistol Squat Progression
Pop Up Squat x 10...A slow eccentric movement until in the squat position and then rolling onto my back and then back into the pistol squat position and standing up / leg

I did 3 rounds of Inverted Work:
Handstand Push-Ups x 3
Handstands against the wall x 5
1 Arm Push-Up x 3
Crowstand to Bentarm Stand Progression x 5

Thereafter 3 rounds of Skills Work:
L-Sit to Tuck Planche x 5...on Parallettes
Donkey Kick-Up to freestanding Handstand x 5

I ended my session off with a Front Lever Iso Hold...I managed a 5 sec hold, my Front Lever is starting to feel a bit more solid now.

Total Reps for today:

1 Arm Push-Ups (9 Total / Arm)
Handstand Push-Ups (9 Total)

My tally towards my 12 week total:

760 - Pistol Squats (380 / leg)
  • 90 Total (45 / Leg)
440 - 1 Arm Push-Ups (220 / arm)
  • 94 Total (47 / Arm)
720 - Strict Pull-Ups
  • 84 Total
300 - Muscle-ups
  • 45 Total
720 - Straight Bar Dips & Parallel Bar Dips
  • 85 Total
300 - Handstand Push-Ups
  • 51 Total
240 - Dragon Flags
  • 45 Total

I am going to start logging my nutrition again for a while to help me be more accountable for my daily actions over the coming weeks. I will not be counting calories or weighing my food:

I fasted from the evening before until dinner...about a 20hr fast.

5pm - Workout

6:30pm - Steak, 2 Fried eggs, Baked beans and 1/4 cup Stywe Pap with 1 tbsp fruit chutney

10:00pm - 2 tbsp Whey Protein, 3/4 Greek Yoghurt, 1 Cup Mixed Berries

10:30pm - 2 piece 70% Dark Chocolate, 1 cup Hot Low Fat Milk with 1 tsp honey.

Stywe Pap - it's to hard to explain.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 09-09-2014, 06:35 PM

Default Tuesday 9 September 2014

I had quiet a productive day at work today...I am busy with a job for Tasmania which requires a Refrigeration Plant in a 48' container. It's been an interesting job so far.

Later that evening I had a skype conversation with my father and brother. It's always good to talk to my brother, he has recently shown interest in Calisthenics.

My brother is in his early 20's and has been doing bodybuilding for 2 yrs now. He thought he was strong but was humbled quickly when he tried his first handstand pushup a few weeks ago. He almost broke his nose as his arms gave out while he was lowering himself to the ground. He views calisthenics very differently now after his experience.

While skyping we were showing each other our moves and discussing our sticking points. He is interested in learning the freestanding handstand so I was showing him where I am at with my training currently. He also complemented me on how my form has improved from the last time I showed him my progress.

I did 3 Handstand Push-Ups too while talking to him so he was able to see my form and technique. I will count these 3 reps towards my total tally.

• 90 Total (45 / Leg)
  • 94 Total (47 / Arm)
720 - Strict Pull-Ups
  • 84 Total
300 - Muscle-ups
  • 45 Total
  • 85 Total
300 - Handstand Push-Ups
  • 54 Total
240 - Dragon Flags
  • 45 Total

My nutrition for the day:

10:45 - 3/4 Cup quick oats with Low Fat Milk, 1 cup blueberries, 14 Almonds slivered, 2 tsp Whey Protein, 2 tsp ground flax seed.

14:30 - Left over Chicken Korma and 1 slice Rye Bread

18:30 - Butter Chicken with onion, mushroom and broccoli

22:00 - Smoothie...1 scoop Whey Protein, 3/4 Cup water, 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, 1 Frozen Banana, 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries, handful frozen spinach and 1 apple

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 09-11-2014, 03:04 AM

Default Wednesday 10 Septemebr 2014

Another fairly productive day at the office...I am slowly chipping away through this project. I was amped for my workout in the park today. I left work at 4pm to fetch Ciarán from childcare, rushed home and was at the park around 4:40pm to get stuck into my training.

I had an awesome workout at the park today...I am starting to get a lot better at my Muscle-Ups too. My session started off slow but ended up being a great workout.

Warm-Up x 3 Rounds
• Go through the circuit using a 2-0-1 tempo for each exercise.
1A) Prisoner Squat – 12 reps
1B) Pushup – 8 reps
1C) Prisoner Lunge – 8 reps per
1D) Hang from the bar - 40sec

Today's session went like this:

3 Rounds
Strict Pull-Ups x 10 (32 Total)
Pistol Squat x 5 / leg (15 Total / leg)
Press Flag / Side (3 Total / Side)
Muscle-Ups x 3 (9 Total)
Bar Dips x 10 (30 Total)

In my Last round I did 12 Pull-Ups instead of 10.

3 Rounds
1 Arm Push-Ups x 3 / Arm (9 Total / Arm)
Pistol Squat x 3 / leg (9 Total / leg)
Muscle-Ups x 4 (12 Total)

I ended the last muscle up of the 3rd round with Bar Dips
Bar Dips x (10 Total)

Hand balancing Practice
Handstand x 5

After this I still felt strong and added in:
1 Arm Push-Ups x 1 / Arm
Pistol Squat x 1 / leg
Muscle-Ups x 1

At the boom where the lawn mowers enter the park I did:
Supported Front Lever to Muscle-Up with the resistance band x 3

After this when I got home I finished my workout with:

3 Rounds
Handstand Push-Ups x 3 (10 Total)
Dragon Flags x 5 (15 Total)

In my Last round I did 4 Handstand Push-Ups instead of 3.

A solid session today...my hands are feeling a little tender from all the bar work, especially from the Muscle-Ups.

• 140 Total (70 / Leg)
  • 114 Total (57 / Arm)
720 - Strict Pull-Ups
  • 116 Total
300 - Muscle-ups
  • 70 Total
  • 125 Total
300 - Handstand Push-Ups
  • 64 Total
240 - Dragon Flags
  • 60 Total

10:45 - 3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt mixed with 3/4 scoop Whey Protein, 1 chopped Banana, 1 cup blueberries & 1/3 Cup chopped Walnuts.

15:00 - 2 egg Omelet with a handful of Chopped up Butter Chicken, Broccoli, Mushrooms and Onion.

18:30 - 3 Chipolatas (Pork Sausage), Baked Beans, Fried Mushroom and Onions with 1/2 a carrot, Broccoli and 2 fried eggs.

22:20 - 3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt mixed with 3/4 scoop Whey Protein, 1 cup mixed berries & 1/3 Cup chopped Walnuts...after that I ate 1 small apple.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 09-11-2014, 10:41 PM

Default Thursday 11 September 2014

I went to the park after work to work on my Lever training. I was not feeling this workout today and really battled to get into it.

I spent about an hour at the park and practiced the following moves, no set reps or sets.
Tuck Front Lever Hold
One Leg Front Lever Tuck Hold
Skin the Cat to Back Lever Hold

I also got in a few Muscle-Ups, Archer pull-Ups and I tried Korean Dips for the first time. Korean Dips are a lot harder than they look. The workout was OK, my triceps were feeling it after on the way home.

10:45 - 3/4 Cup quick oats with Low Fat Milk, 1 cup mixed berries, 14 Almonds slivered, 2 tsp Whey Protein, 2 tsp ground flax seed.

15:00 - Toasted Sandwich...2 Slice Rye Bread, Tuna, 1 fried egg, Mushrooms and Onion, Broccoli.

19:00 - Steak, 2 Fried eggs, Baked beans, Fried Mushroom and Onions, 1/2 a carrot, 1 Fried Banana and Broccoli.

22:00 - Smoothie...1 scoop Whey Protein, 3/4 Cup water, 1 tbsp Peanut Butter, 1 Frozen Banana, 1 Cup Frozen Mixed Berries and 1 apple.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal
Old 09-12-2014, 09:52 PM

Default Friday 12 September 2014

I had a pretty rough night sleep last night...tossed and turned all night. I seemed to look at the clock every hour.

About 3:30am I couldn't take it anymore and got out of bed, I decided to do some stretching a soft tissue work with the lacrosse ball. I spent about an hour doing this and went back to bed.

I was tired at work today...I lacked concentration after lunch and ended up leaving work at 3:30pm. Grace had a play at her school later that evening that we went to watch.

The wheels came off the wagon with my nutrition today:

4:30pm - Egg, Cheese and ham pie...after this I got stuck into the kids Oreos, I ate 7 of them. 1 piece 70% dark chocolate.

10:30pm - 3/4 Cup Greek Yogurt mixed with 3/4 scoop Whey Protein, 1 chopped Banana, 1 cup blueberries & 1/3 Cup chopped Walnuts.

11:20pm - 4 Handfuls of Sweet and Sour Grain Waves Crisps and a mug of low fat milk. 2 piece 70% dark chocolate.

12:30am - Off to bed.

Nutrition log
Workout Journal

Last edited by craig.mitch316 : 09-12-2014 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Added 70% dark chocolate.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:17 PM

.......after this I got stuck into the kids Oreos, I ate 7 of them

"I've fallen into the oreos and I can't get out!"

Been there!(not with oreos though. I must be the only person on the planet that does not like oreos!)
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17