TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2014, 02:07 PM

Default Gotta Do This - The 17,777 Challenge

Well, I wasn't going to enter, but based on CB's message to Peter about setting a performance goal rather than an outcome, I've decided I'm in!

Many of you know I'm having a lot of issues with my lower back right now, so my workouts have suffered a lot and I'm very frustrated.

BUT, I'm still doing what I can and now I want to quantify that and work up as my strength builds.

Also, I'm not to my happy place with my body, and want a "bikini butt" and the legs that go with it

So, in the spirit of bodyweight rep challenges and based on what I can do now, plus adding in more reps for improvement, I'm setting my goals as follows:

Squats - 8,400 reps
Burpees - 1,680 (starting as walk-out)
RDL - 2,100 reps (starting with small range of motion)
Plank - 168 min
Side plank - 84 min/side = 168 min
Mtn. climbers - 1,680 reps
Push-ups - 1,680 reps
Bodyweight row - 1,680 reps
Pull-ups - 221 reps
Total = 17,777

I'm excited and looking forward to the journey with all of you! It's always so motivating to be sharing on the forum.

Now I need to go get a paper and take some photos and measurements.

Let's do this!
Old 08-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Please be careful. I recommend you cut this back and do at most 10,000 reps and take out all burpees and anything else that could aggravate your back. It's not worth it to get hurt.

And honestly, if you just want a better body, choose one of my programs that have been designed for this purpose.

Sorry to be a downer, but I care.

craig
Old 08-29-2014, 12:14 AM

Nice Maureen this should be a fun contest

But yeah watch those burpees. Definitely not a good idea if you have lower back issues.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:53 PM

Well okay, I was probably getting a little carried away there planning for increased abilities.
Thanks for caring

I think perhaps the first thing to do is just start back in with a regular 3x/week schedule of bodyweight (HWR or a better suggestion?), avoiding the things that hurt right now (e.g. burpees) and adding weight to those that don't (e.g. squats).

The great news is I just convinced my sister to join TC 21! I have to get her on the forum, but think she needs to buy a program for that. I remember way back in TC 17 I bought one and it allowed me on the forum for the duration of the contest. I'll email Lesa about that.

My plan is to also help her with her eating and use her for my first testimonial on my sales page. I know she'll get great results if she hangs out here with all you awesome people!
Old 09-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Thank you for referring your sister!

As for your program, Booty for Wife is the best program.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Please be careful. I recommend you cut this back and do at most 10,000 reps and take out all burpees and anything else that could aggravate your back. It's not worth it to get hurt.

And honestly, if you just want a better body, choose one of my programs that have been designed for this purpose.

Sorry to be a downer, but I care.

craig
Maureen,

Nothing like finding out that someone cares enough to say "no" when needed! You are such a dedicated, hard working individual, it's no surprise that you need to give yourself a break sometimes.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:39 PM

I really enjoyed Booty for Wife.
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-02-2014, 02:21 AM

Default I'm moving...

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I'm starting a new thread to take the confusion out of the name, since I'm not going for 17,777 any more.

Look for Always Improving. See you there!
Old 09-03-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocombes View Post
Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I'm starting a new thread to take the confusion out of the name, since I'm not going for 17,777 any more.

Look for Always Improving. See you there!
Yes, you are always improving. It's so good to have this source of support isn't it?