TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2014, 07:09 AM

Default Adventure #21

Life is an adventure. Transformation is an adventure. Life would be pretty boring without adventure

Sometimes I look back at my life and think about the time I have wasted....but everyday I need to wake up and say WOW! I have come so very far! If I spend my time regretting... how am I to enjoy it!

Sit back and enjoy the ride That is my big goal for adventure #21. Transformation is a journey and I am going to enjoy the journey. Not stress about the scale( It doesn't know anything anyway...) Fat loss... Now that's what I'm talking about!

I am not officially in this until Wednesday Aug 27. My local paper only comes out on Sunday and Wednesday. Tomorrow...wait tomorrow never comes! I will take steps towards my fitness transformation today! I will get the pictures tomorrow.

I will be starting this contest on an adventurous note. I have booked 4 train tickets from Flint,MI to Chicago,IL. Me,my husband and two youngest boys will be off on our train adventure to Chicago. We will leave Saturday and return Monday evening. We will be staying downtown Chicago. We will get in plenty of walking downtown! This is gonna be amazing!

I will ask how food is prepared and ask to leave off sauces,and dressings etc! It is possible to eat out and still lose fat Enjoying the journey already
Shawn
Old 08-27-2014, 08:30 AM

Default Day 1

So even though I have officially started today as my first day. I hate starting a new program mid week. So I did something different. I will start GMLF 2.0 on Monday provided the hotel gym has dumbells ( I looked at the photos and sadly it was only showing treadmills and bikes) so not sure yet. If not the back up plan is one of the TT 20/10 revolution workouts or something similar. I can improvise to get in a workout traveling. I will just start with the GMLF workout B on Wednesday and continue on with it.

I will buy a paper and have the hubby get pics after he gets home from work.

I left my tape measure at the studio so I will measure when I go back later this morning.

Back to this mornings workout. I did the Clash of the Titans V workout A.
Fun stuff! I don't have any barbells yet for equipment so I did dumbell squats instead of deadlifts. I just like the barbell better for deadlifts or my water cooler jugs.

So my set looked like this:

Dumbell squats (using 20 lb DB in each hand) 12 reps
Burpee/ Mountain climber combo 12 reps

for 4 sets. My quads were toast on the burpees!
After that the rest of the workout seemed quite easy lol. Well not easy but not as intense.

I am pleasantly sore already...
Old 08-27-2014, 08:48 AM

Wishing you great success on your adventure. I like to pick my training strategy at the beginning and stick to it exactly, but sometimes life does interfere, and that's when zi say thank goodness for all of the bodyweight programs.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:54 PM

Thank you, Catherine.
I have learned You must always have a plan B and yes good 'ol Body weight workouts are great, especially when traveling. Most hotel gyms are a joke... But the TT crowd already knows that
Old 08-28-2014, 06:50 AM

Here are the stats from yesterday
I am frustrated this morning...
I am faced with the cold hard truth that my before picture look really bad! I know I need to remember how far I have come. I have to be honest, though. I am frustrated.

Weight in pounds: 199
Waist: 40"
Hips: 44"
Chest: 43"
Shoulders: 16.5" (My husband did the measuring but not sure he did it right...last contest he measured 18")
Thighs: 25.5'" Left and 26" right

I have been trying not to count calories but I will be honest it keeps me more on track. I have gained 8 pounds since I have stopped counting. For me it keeps me more accountable.
Everything except the weight is the same. The same as it has been for the last year.

I do need to keep in mind...
Monday I worked hard. Tuesday I rode my bike about 5 miles and did yoga/pilates and yesterday I worked hard (Clash of the Titans hard lol)

I know I have said it's my diet. I realize 3 days of eating right isn't going to miraculously melt tons of fat...
I am so impatient...

The photos....
lets see a 200 pound woman in a bathing suit.... Yikes!
And just for my own inspiration I also attached my real before when I was at 240 pounds. A reminder to keep working hard and watch my diet closer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before and after 21 003.jpg (79.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg before and after 21 006.jpg (77.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg before and after 21 008.jpg (78.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 266304_176169549111438_5415280_o.jpg (93.6 KB, 10 views)
Old 08-28-2014, 08:39 AM

This goes perfectly with my last few posts!
I know I don't write in my gratitude journal as often as I should but todays quote was perfect for me and I happened to read it when I most needed it

"Enjoy life. Treat it as an adventure. Care passionately about the outcome, but keep it in perspective. Things are seldom as bleak as they seem when they are going wrong- or as good as they seem when they are going well. Lighten up. You'll live longer." Kekich Credo #55

I do feel much better than I did this morning

Here's to the adventure #21 its gonna be awesome!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Congrats on the first 40. That is wonderful.

You've made changes and had success in the past...and you'll do it again.

You need to do this for yourself and your business.

This time it's serious.

Let's go!
Old 08-28-2014, 12:57 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
This goes perfectly with my last few posts!
I know I don't write in my gratitude journal as often as I should but todays quote was perfect for me and I happened to read it when I most needed it

"Enjoy life. Treat it as an adventure. Care passionately about the outcome, but keep it in perspective. Things are seldom as bleak as they seem when they are going wrong- or as good as they seem when they are going well. Lighten up. You'll live longer." Kekich Credo #55

I do feel much better than I did this morning

Here's to the adventure #21 its gonna be awesome!
I'll be cheering for you!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 08-29-2014, 12:16 AM

Here we go again!
Old 08-29-2014, 10:19 AM

Thank you everyone for the encouragement!
I am actually quite excited for this challenge! I need it! I need to finish what I have started.
I know it is a continuing process but well worth the effort!

Todays workout was the workout B from the Iron Core program. I was going to start with GMLF
but on second thought I a going for the TT Xtreme fat loss 3.0 I am mixing the order of the workouts to fit my travel schedule. I will just plan on doing the BW workout for Monday and fit in the other 3 workouts during the rest of the week. I will get all 4 in next week.

I have been working hard but not so strict with my diet in the last year. This will change this round! I am ready for my WOOOSH! And I know it will happen if I tighten up my nutrition.

My family train adventure to Chicago starts tomorrow morning at 6:30 am. We catch the Amtrak in Flint and will be in Chicago by noon. The train has a food car but it is awful..awful choices and 4 dollars for a 20 oz water! So its my adventure and I make the rules. I will hard boil some eggs and bring apples and almonds to snack on the train.I will bring a bottle of water with me.
I am making a GF quiche packed with broccoli, spinach, asparagus and peppers this afternoon so I will have a nutritious breakfast to start the adventure.

I found they have an awesome indoor market (similar to a farmers market fresh produce etc) I plan to visit tomorrow. Looking for some healthy snacks to keep in the in room fridge.

Life is good