TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2014, 08:08 AM

Post Yes, LeslieM, DC has the Capital Bikeshare stations...

all over the place. In fact, there is one about 40 steps from my front door. However, I also own 3 bikes myself (I've done triathlons) and generally use my own bike unless I am going a really short distance and don't want to worry about getting my bike stolen! They are a great asset to cities though - and are apparently expanding (we saw them in Montreal).

This week is going really well from an HWR perspective. Day 1 of Week 3 was yesterday, and I woke up to complete Strength & Muscle Accelerator #3 and the prescribed workout of the day. It was the 5 Rounds of 5 workout, and boy does it sneak up on you. After 2 rounds, I thought to myself "this is pretty easy." And then in the middle of the 4th round, it really hit me!

Since I am suffering from a bit of loneliness at home with Ryan out of town for work and no doggy companion to keep me company after Charlie's passing, I decided to double up yesterday and meet a local running group for a post-work run rather than sit on the couch and mope. Just an easy, 3-mile loop, but it was nice getting out of the house and socializing (the run ends at a local pub, where everyone stays for a drink and conversation). I met some really nice people during the run, and I'm realizing that combining exercise and social engagements will be a key for my success moving forward, as it has been in the past. I was in my best shape when I was training with a group for a marathon and a triathlon, but over the past 4 years, injuries, life complications, my relationship with Ryan, a move, job stress etc. have gotten in the way, and I let my group ties drop. Time to find them again.

Today is 30 minutes of activity, and since I am meeting a friend after work and have to prepare later for a big meeting tomorrow, I'm blocking time at lunch to go outside and walk. It's really nice to have the day broken up like that (usually I go from meeting to meeting straight through the day), and I am truly enjoying the unstructured activity aspect of HWR.

Speaking of work, off to the races. Have a great day everyone!

Kathleen
Old 09-15-2014, 07:41 AM

Default Hard to believe it is the beginning of Week #4....

and I haven't missed a workout yet! This morning's 5 Rounds of 5 workout was really sweaty and really fun, and because it took me about 25 minutes, I stopped short of doing the optional workout (which I might try to squeeze in tonight). What I am finding is that this Transformation journey is actually encouraging me to be more active overall - particularly with my fiance who is in town so rarely right now. Many of our "dates" used to involve food and movies, but now we have committed to doing a fun and sporty activity each weekend together. On Saturday, we attended a free introductory Crossfit class at the box down the street from our house. It was fun, it was intense, and because it was introductory with great instruction, I felt like it was very similar to some of Craig's bodyweight TT workouts. The "WOD" included burpees, box jumps (and she instructed us to STEP down from the box and not jump, which I knew would make Craig happy), sit-ups and a 200-meter run. 10 minutes for As Many Rounds As Possible. 10 minutes can seem so long...Yesterday, I ended the week with my favorite Sunday night yoga class, which really helps me relax and unwind from the weekend and prepare for the week ahead. I am finding yoga a helpful balance to the Home Workout Revolution, since there is not formal stretching in the program. Tomorrow night I am doing another fun activity with a close friend - taking a free outdoor yoga class (they offer them in the spring and the fall). I feel great, I'm losing pounds, and more importantly, I'm losing inches and my clothing is fitting better. The skirt that brought me my "ah-ha" moment and caused me to enter this contest is now fitting looser (the "ah-ha" came when a skirt that once was loose on me was actually almost too tight to wear without fear of busting a seam!). Thank you, Craig and HWR! Week 4, here I come...
Kathleen
Old 09-15-2014, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Kathleen, this is really great! I love that your lifestyle is changing to support your goals. You really have this dialed in. Proud of you!
Old 09-22-2014, 08:01 AM

Default Still going strong...

as Week 5 begins. Time is flying on this program, which is unusual for me on a workout program, so it is a true testament to Craig and his team that developed Home Workout Revolution.

I didn't weigh myself this past week, but instead I focused on process goals rather than outcome goals, i.e., eating better, getting in my workouts, drinking lots of water. My clothes are fitting better, and I am feeling good about my progress from a process standpoint, so I think I might wait until next weekend to see what the scale says.

Otherwise, I am figuring out life without a dog and with a fiance on the road all the time. He got home from San Francisco Friday night at 11 p.m., and I took him back to the airport at 3 p.m. on Saturday to head off to Istanbul for the week. We tried to enjoy the (waking) time we had together, but he was exhausted, and it was too short. The good news is I have more time to workout than ever. The bad news is, I am lonely most of the time
Old 09-22-2014, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Stay strong! Maximize your connection via email, text, and all you can to stay in contact. He'll be home again soon!
Old 09-22-2014, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
as Week 5 begins. Time is flying on this program, which is unusual for me on a workout program, so it is a true testament to Craig and his team that developed Home Workout Revolution.

I didn't weigh myself this past week, but instead I focused on process goals rather than outcome goals, i.e., eating better, getting in my workouts, drinking lots of water. My clothes are fitting better, and I am feeling good about my progress from a process standpoint, so I think I might wait until next weekend to see what the scale says.

Otherwise, I am figuring out life without a dog and with a fiance on the road all the time. He got home from San Francisco Friday night at 11 p.m., and I took him back to the airport at 3 p.m. on Saturday to head off to Istanbul for the week. We tried to enjoy the (waking) time we had together, but he was exhausted, and it was too short. The good news is I have more time to workout than ever. The bad news is, I am lonely most of the time
Hang in there, Kathleen.
I know it can be tough. I understand the being lonely. My husband has had to travel for work sometimes as well. There were a few years that it was work on the road or no work at all. He chose to work to feed the family. I spent many lonely nights.

Use this time to focus on you
You have been doing a great job! You can do this!
Old 09-22-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnss711 View Post
Hang in there, Kathleen.
I know it can be tough. I understand the being lonely. My husband has had to travel for work sometimes as well. There were a few years that it was work on the road or no work at all. He chose to work to feed the family. I spent many lonely nights.

Use this time to focus on you
You have been doing a great job! You can do this!
Thats what these forums are for, Rockstar!!!! AND yes, time FLIES with Turbulence Training workouts. Seems I no more than get done with week one, and it is week four, already..........keeep'er up!
Old 10-06-2014, 06:02 PM

Default You Whoo?

Hey Kathleen! I hope everything's going good for you. How is the HWR going?
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17