TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2014, 08:54 AM

Default I am almost down 6 pounds at the beginning of Week 3!!!

I was shocked and weighed myself a few times yesterday just to double and triple check. Same scale, same room, same time of day, very different number. Started at 141.2 and as of yesterday - at the beginning of Week 3 - I was at 134.6. Amazing to me since my goal is to get down to about 127 after the full 12 weeks, so I am much more confident that will be a reality. I had a great nutrition week - not perfect by any means, but consistently making better and better choices. And I did all of my workouts and kept myself busy on active recovery days. But probably the most critical factor was trying to reduce my stress, which is not only a killer but a killer to weight loss attempts. Thoroughly enjoying Home Workout Revolution and looking forward to the next week!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:24 AM

Hi Kathleen

Sorry I haven't dropped by yet. Congrats on your success so far that really awesome!

Old 09-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Great to hear, but remember, scale is not the most important measure...and a woman's bodyweight will fluctuate for many reasons. I only say that because it can rebound up - even though you aren't gaining fat (it can be water, salt-related, etc.)

Focus on how your clothes fit and your goal body shape. Stay strong, keep up the great work.
Old 09-07-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Ballantyne View Post
Great to hear, but remember, scale is not the most important measure...and a woman's bodyweight will fluctuate for many reasons. I only say that because it can rebound up - even though you aren't gaining fat (it can be water, salt-related, etc.)

Focus on how your clothes fit and your goal body shape. Stay strong, keep up the great work.
Going by the scale reading is just like reading the calories burned number on a machine. I keep track of mine, but some scales and especially machine readouts are not accurate barometers of the true picture. They are just numbers. Concentrate on how you look and feel. Don't sweat it!
Old 09-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Well said, Rob!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:08 PM

Great job so far!
And yes I can vary as much as 5 pounds in one day if I pay attention to scale weight.
Celebrate the non-scale victories such as strength and stamina.And of course, the inches lost and the way your clothes fit because of it!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I was shocked and weighed myself a few times yesterday just to double and triple check. Same scale, same room, same time of day, very different number. Started at 141.2 and as of yesterday - at the beginning of Week 3 - I was at 134.6. Amazing to me since my goal is to get down to about 127 after the full 12 weeks, so I am much more confident that will be a reality. I had a great nutrition week - not perfect by any means, but consistently making better and better choices. And I did all of my workouts and kept myself busy on active recovery days. But probably the most critical factor was trying to reduce my stress, which is not only a killer but a killer to weight loss attempts. Thoroughly enjoying Home Workout Revolution and looking forward to the next week!
Congratulations on all of your hard work! Going down into a lower set of numbers is pretty motivating to keep going! You can do it. Leslie
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-08-2014, 08:54 AM

Smile Thanks for all of the advice...

I definitely agree that the scale is but one measure - and perhaps not a good one. But it was motivating to see my hard work paying off somewhere, besides the very significant non-scale victory that I am feeling a lot better about myself with consistent exercise and good nutrition and really seeking out more and more opportunities to be active.

For example yesterday. Ryan and I went for a 2-hour bike ride through the city (Washington, DC). It was a gorgeous day to ride, and it reminded me how much happier I am when I'm outdoors being active. We committed to doing some sort of activity together every single Sunday (that he's in town - which isn't many this month), and we've already put tennis on the calendar for next week. For most of this year, I'd say we had relatively "lazy" Sundays together - watching movies, catching up on emails, going to brunch, etc. This is definitely a positive change for both of us.

I finished the day (post-bike ride) with a 75-minute yoga class. My legs definitely felt a bit fatigued, so I decided to make today and active rest day and complete my HWR workouts Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday this week. I made Ryan a cheat sheet of the Tuesday/Thursday workouts for his trip to NYC (left this morning), so that he stays on track as well. We'll both be in town Saturday to do that workout together. Hard to believe that I'm already on Week 3!
Old 09-08-2014, 07:43 PM

Smile

Riding a bike around DC sounds like a blast! Do they have those bike stations there where you can rent one and return it to any other station? They got those in Houston a few years ago. We're trying to not be such fatties down here!
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 09-10-2014, 07:26 AM

You are on the right track.........stay with it!