TT Members Forum  
Home | Discussion Forums | TTmembers.com Tour | Search | Member Area

Go Back   TT Members Forum > Transformation Contests > 21st Transformation Contest
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2014, 10:51 PM

Smile My first transformation journey begins tomorrow as I head out on vacation...

Off to Canada for my first visit on Saturday morning (Montreal and Old Quebec City) and was thinking I might start the challenge later next week after I had the chance to enjoy some down time (and wine and croissants). Then I stepped on the scale tonight, and I am the highest weight I have been in over 5 years...So, tomorrow my journey begins. No more excuses, no more "I'll start on Mondays."

Although I am only 15 pounds over my ideal weight, those pounds have all come on over the past 2 years due to emotional eating and drinking. I have used food to console my work stress and sadness over the loss of my father and a miscarriage. And it stops now. I am inspired by Craig's bodyweight challenge, so I am trying to decide whether to do the Home Workout Revolution or the 6-month bodyweight program. Either way, I commit to documenting my journey here, as I know social support is the #1 key to transformation. With nutrition being the #2 key, I have a ways to go. Comfort food has become my source of comfort - not proud to admit that, but it is true. Here's to never being in the 140s again. Time to take control and take action. I look forward to going through the process with all of you.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:31 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Off to Canada for my first visit on Saturday morning (Montreal and Old Quebec City) and was thinking I might start the challenge later next week after I had the chance to enjoy some down time (and wine and croissants). Then I stepped on the scale tonight, and I am the highest weight I have been in over 5 years...So, tomorrow my journey begins. No more excuses, no more "I'll start on Mondays."

Although I am only 15 pounds over my ideal weight, those pounds have all come on over the past 2 years due to emotional eating and drinking. I have used food to console my work stress and sadness over the loss of my father and a miscarriage. And it stops now. I am inspired by Craig's bodyweight challenge, so I am trying to decide whether to do the Home Workout Revolution or the 6-month bodyweight program. Either way, I commit to documenting my journey here, as I know social support is the #1 key to transformation. With nutrition being the #2 key, I have a ways to go. Comfort food has become my source of comfort - not proud to admit that, but it is true. Here's to never being in the 140s again. Time to take control and take action. I look forward to going through the process with all of you.
Welcome to the forum. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad and your miscarriage. I also had a miscarriage shortly after my mom was killed in a car accident back in 2000. The pain never completely goes away, but the intensity lessens. I promise you that. Taking charge of things is a huge positive step. You will be so glad you did. I've been very happy with the body re-shaping I've experienced using the TT workouts. Cleaning up my diet, including an overindulgence of wine, has also been huge factors in my weight loss. I sure understand the temptation to use alcohol to numb pain and stress. You'll feel so much better when you are on the other side. You can do this! You will have lots of people here cheering you on! Leslie
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17

Last edited by LeslieM : 08-22-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:44 AM

I am sorry to hear about your father and your other struggles, rockstar. READ Craig's Important Tips for the Day, especially yesterdays and todays.........then RE-READ........ better yet, print them off and put them in your pocket. When you doubt yourself, pull'em out and look at 'em again...You WILL succeed!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:09 AM

Thumbs up Thanks Rob and Leslie...

I appreciate your kind words and support. Day 1 started with my first Transformation workout. I decided to do the Home Workout Revolution because the workouts are time efficient, equipment efficient (no excuse not to do it while on vacation or work travel), and I love the follow along videos. I did Day 1's 12-minute 20-10 workout, and I started with Strength and Muscle Accelerator workout 1 for an extra muscle boost before going out of town. Now it's time to shower and then make a blender drink. So excited to be part of this community!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I appreciate your kind words and support. Day 1 started with my first Transformation workout. I decided to do the Home Workout Revolution because the workouts are time efficient, equipment efficient (no excuse not to do it while on vacation or work travel), and I love the follow along videos. I did Day 1's 12-minute 20-10 workout, and I started with Strength and Muscle Accelerator workout 1 for an extra muscle boost before going out of town. Now it's time to shower and then make a blender drink. So excited to be part of this community!
You're off to a great start....keep the momentum going!
Old 08-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Awesome, welcome to TT!

And you will LOVE Montreal. Like going to Europe without the long flight.

Great choice on the workout.

Looking forward to your updates,

Craig

Quote:
Old 08-22-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:

Congratulations on getting your feet wet! I can relate all too well with emotional eating and drinking. My wife and I miscarried a couple of years ago and it was one of the hardest things we've gone through. I believe that you'll turn things around! Off to a great start.

You will definitely love Quebec and Montreal. Most Quebecois recommend "Chez Ashton" as the place to get "real poutine". There's one right in Old Quebec (Can't remember what street... But it's on a corner).

A colleague that I work with from Montreal also recommends "Les 3 brasseurs" for craft beer and good eats.....

I look forward to seeing more updates!
Old 08-22-2014, 06:48 PM

Default Thanks for the encourgement, Craig, and for the tips commandercool...

Before photos taken with today's Washington Post, which featured the antics of my former governor (I live in VA). The photos were scary to take (I didn't particularly want my fiance to see my a$$ in daylight - I can't believe it has come to that!), but hey ended up not being as bad as I thought they would be, which was a pleasant surprise. Now it is time to pack for our trip. We are driving from Northern VA to Old Quebec so that we can bring my amazing 14-year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (my version of Bally the Dog), and even though tomorrow was supposed to be a light activity day, Ryan - my fiance - wants to go for a run early a.m. since we'll be sitting in the car all day, so I will definitely get in my 30 minutes. Not sure if I will be able to log in until next Sunday because I purchased a low international data plan while we are out of the US. As Craig days, sometimes it is good to unplug, and unplug I plan to do. But I am bringing my workout breakdowns and excited for my first week of the Transformation. I had a great eating day and will spend some time this week thinking about my Rules for Living because I enjoy listening to Craig's and think this is an important exercise for all of us to do. Wishing everyone a great week. See you on the other side of Canada!

Last edited by Rockstar : 08-22-2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Before photos taken with today's Washington Post, which featured the antics of my former governor (I live in VA). The photos were scary to take (I didn't particularly want my fiance to see my a$$ in daylight - I can't believe it has come to that!), but hey ended up not being as bad as I thought they would be, which was a pleasant surprise. Now it is time to pack for our trip. We are driving from Northern VA to Old Quebec so that we can bring my amazing 14-year old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel (my version of Bally the Dog), and even though tomorrow was supposed to be a light activity day, Ryan - my fiance - wants to go for a run early a.m. since we'll be sitting in the car all day, so I will definitely get in my 30 minutes. Not sure if I will be able to log in until next Sunday because I purchased a low international data plan while we are out of the US. As Craig days, sometimes it is good to unplug, and unplug I plan to do. But I am bringing my workout breakdowns and excited for my first week of the Transformation. I had a great eating day and will spend some time this week thinking about my Rules for Living because I enjoy listening to Craig's and think this is an important exercise for all of us to do. Wishing everyone a great week. See you on the other side of Canada!
Have a great trip! I lived in Northern VA for 96-2001. Fun area. Leslie
"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks."Proverbs 31:17
Old 08-24-2014, 09:48 AM

Default Just finished Day 2's workout at our hotel gym in Albany, NY...

My fiancé Ryan joined me this morning and is committing to the 12-week program as well after too long of a hiatus from the gym (he realized just how long after all of those box jumps in the 19-minute 20/10 Workout #3. One of the reasons I chose HWR is because Ryan starts a new job after Labor Day that brings with it lots of travel (trips to San Fran and Istanbul already in September), and I wanted something we could do together - even if we are apart !

After a long day of driving from Northern VA, and unexpected detour that resulted in us making a surprise visit to see my best friend in NJ, we had a splurge dinner at a a amazing Italian restaurant in Albany (Lombardi's), but we both ended up waking up full and not feeling so good about ourselves. It is vacation, but we will definitely be honing in on the nutrition for most of the trip!

Today it is a drive through Saratoga and Lake George before heading to Montreal tonight. We are there until Wednesday and then off to Old Quebec for a few days, HWR in tow!

Have a great week! Kathleen